Monday, February 9, 2015

Disney Trip #10 - Magic Kingdom, and a Family First

We were up at the super fun hour of 5am and on the road to the Magic Kingdom. It wasn't even light outside yet when we parked. We hit zero traffic and made the trip in an hour, whereas it usually takes an hour and a half. We were a whole hour early to park opening when we parked. And, we weren't alone - us and at least 7 other cars in the lot. We are never ever early. We are always arriving just at park opening, which does you precisely zero favors. If you want to beat the crowds you need to be at the gate 15 minutes prior to opening, and it takes at least half an hour to get from the parking lot of Magic Kingdom to the entrance. Being early was so foreign to us we didn't even know how to get to the park. Apparently the boat and monorails don't start up that early, you have to take the resort monorail to the third stop. Who knew!

Anyway, we made great time and we got to the gates about 20 minutes to park opening. And, for the first time ever we got to see the Opening Ceremony! I was so gosh darn excited about the whole thing. A Magic Kingdom first! It was also freezing....for Florida. We were shivering in our flip flops. But, it was worth that early wake up. Two thumbs up - one for the Opening Ceremony and the other for no wait times!

We went straight back to Fantasyland and headed for Peter Pan. They recently opened up their new interactive queue, which is a trip through the Darling family home. It was very cute, especially the bit where you can play with shadows.

Next up was a trip through Small World. I think she had the most fun on it yet. She got up and danced her little heart out.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
Aria and I stopped to smell the flowers and do a little people watching while Chris grabbed the stroller.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
Then it was onto 'horses' or the Carrousel. Aria's favourite. 90% of the time if you ask her about Disney she will tell you about the horses.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
We took a little break for a cinnamon roll and Lefou's brew at Gaston's. Aria just wanted to eat all the icing off of the roll. I don't blame her. I think we only made it about half way through the thing before we were stuffed.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
A hop skip and a jump over to The Little Mermaid ride, journey under the sea or something like that. We'd never waited in the real line before, and I was breathing harder after carrying Aria all the way through it. I think it said 20 minutes, but they really just meant it will take you 20 minutes just to walk the whole line. Really it probably wasn't more than 3 minutes. But, that extra 30 pounds of blonde curls will give you a work out.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
Up next was Dumbo! We'd never done the regular line on this either. They have a play area that serves as a waiting room with a pager to tell you when to get back in line. I thought it was pretty lame for a 2 year old. The little kid area was completely boring for an energetic and daredevil 2 year old, but the older kid area was a little too advanced plus she kept getting run over by the big kids. Good idea for older kids, not my favorite for Aria. She was pretty excited about Dumbo though, and she even got to pick out the orange one to ride in.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
Another first for Aria. The Tea Cup ride. Ugh. I think I'll have to make a new rule that says Chris can't control the spinning. The video is particularly hilarious though. Aria was loving it, loving it, loving it, and then all of a sudden too much omg stop. 
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
We fastpass-ed the Winnie the Pooh ride. This is what she does when something unsettles her - she puts her hands over her mouth. Those heffalumps and woozles are pretty creepy.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
Chris really enjoyed bouncing with Tigger. Maybe a little too much?
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
And, then apparently I forgot to take pictures. We had some time to kill before our next fastpass so we did the Carousel of Progress, which Aria was just starting to lose interest in by the end so it was perfectly timed, and then the People Mover. Then Chris and Aria did the Speedway. Twice. I had a fastpass for it, but it is my least favourite ride ever so Chris used his fastpass with Aria then used mine. I stood in the grandstands and watched. There is a video of it, and Aria drives the car on the second go around. It is pretty cute.

From Tomorrowland we made our way over to Adventureland. Our next fastpass was for Pirates of the Caribbean. Aria fell asleep before we even made it past the little drop. So we yo ho-ed and she slept on my shoulder, and then we laid her in the stroller for a nap. The best nap she's ever taken in her stroller too. We found a table in the shade to sit while she slept, and Chris went to grab us some fries from the Golden Oak Outpost. We tried the BLT fries and the gravy and cheese fries, along with the sweet potato nuggets that I thought were disgusting but Chris loved. Both the fries were delicious though. Aria slept, and slept, and slept some more.

When she finally woke up we headed over to the Magic Carpets ride for a spin, then partied in the Tiki Room, then strolled through the Swiss Family Treehouse, and finally took a Jungle Cruise.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #10 - Disney World, Magic Kingdom
The crowds were pretty heavy and we were out of fastpasses, so we decided to hit the road and grab dinner on the way home. There wasn't much left that we hadn't done, it was a full day for us. The most we'd done in a single day. Getting there early pays off!

And, here is the video from our trip!

Thanks for reading another Disney recap. Let's do it again real soon!

18 comments:

  1. It most certainly does! I love seeing he opening ceremony - so magical and I get all excited like I'm a child. I can't get over all you got done though! Woman after my own heart being there early like that. It's amazing how much you can do first thing. That's normally our plan of attack. Im workings real hard on convincing people in my family Disney needs to happen stat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! Jealous you're so close to Disney! I can't wait until our family can take a big trip down there some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - "super fun hour of 5am" <-- said no one, ever.
    That cinnamon roll. I'm drooling over my keyboard. And, now I'm on the hunt for something that looks half a delicious.
    Aria's face on Winnie… So sweet. That ride kind of freaked Marcus out. He wasn't really sure what to think of that one.
    And, now I need to find a way to get us to DL, stat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, way to go getting everyone mobilized that early! I've never seen the opening ceremony either. Actually, I don't even know if DL has one... And what is that about getting to wait in a play area and then getting paged back to the line when it's your turn?? That sounds amazing! Also, your guys' cinnamon roll is way more huge than the ones at DL, and what is Lafou's brew? This is all making me feel like we need to go to Florida and check out Disney World. So much stuff that DL doesn't have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like one of you funnest trips yet! That cinnamon roll HOLY COW and getting there early, had to be so worth it. I always think that this would be one of the best times to go to Disney World. I just don't imagine it being to terribly busy this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lost me at those huge cinnamon rolls. Oh my gosh! I want one of those PRONTO! Tee hee!

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, like I have said before, so cool that you take video's of your trip! You'll have to get there early every time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. we were just there too! and as much as I tried to get everyone to move faster we totally missed the opening ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting! Looks like it was another great trip. Seeing the opening ceremony is really cool. I am counting done the days for us. It was 3 months yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whats so bad about 5am?! I kid I mean I see it everyday but it gets old and it's sooo early. But yay for making the opening ceremonies - you've talked about wanting to do that. You guys look so cute in your coats and flip flops. Makes me smile. Dont worry us up north ppl will do that come April when we want desperately for it to be July! Aria can't possibly weigh 30lbs? She looks totally grown up but looks so much smaller than Callie to me and C only weighs 35lbs. Love love her smile - looks like a great Disney trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously...the Disney envy that comes from this post! ;) I love that out of all the things to be excited and memorable at Disney, Aria goes with the horses on the carousel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cinnamon roll is a beast! I WANT ONE!! ha ha!
    This sounds like the perfect day! I love how you take advantage of living so close to Disney World! I'm living vicariously through your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like another great trip! Yay for seeing the opening show - I have yet to do that. Next trip for sure! On our family trips, we always woke up early so we could beat the crowds- best way to do it. I love how much you guys got done- that's awesome! Those fries look SO good, and that cinnamon roll looked as big as Aria's head! How long are her naps usually when you're out and about in Disney?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wahhhhhhh.... I wanna go back! Absolutely beyond jealous you can just drive there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun! I'm always so envious of all your disney photos! And that cinnamon roll! I need to stop reading blogs with delicious treats because the cravings are real!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m gonna need all the Disney advice from you! We’re going in May. I sent you an email about it! We are ecstatic. We have no clue what to use our Fastpasses on, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.