Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Currently: February

Currently: February
What I'm thinking about, working on, and planning...
Valentine's. Valentine's. Valentine's. I joined in on a blogger Valentine exchange and just sent off those cards yesterday. And, now I need to think of a new idea to send to Aria's best buds. Something easy that fits in an envelope, but something fun for a two year old. I also like to get Aria a book for holidays so I've been on the look out for the perfect one. Last year she got Nancy Tillman's Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You..or Follow..or something along those lines.

Currently: February
What I'm reading...
Last month I finished off The One, The Sweetness of Forgetting, What Alice Forgot, Outlander, and Sparkly Green Earrings. My goal is to read three books each month so I can hit my goal of 35 for the year. Knocking it out of the park thus far. I've got The Widow Waltz on my bedside table, but I haven't cracked it open yet.

Chris, Aria and I read a chapter book before bedtime every night. We finished off all of Harry Potter last month and now we are reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I can't for the life of me remember if I read it before, or if I just vaguely remember the movie with Elijah Wood in it. I don't think I could have picked a harder book to read out loud, especially Jim. Technically Aria picked it though. We are thinking about Narnia or The Hobbit next.

Currently: February
What I'm reading on the internet...
Super fun smoothies by Miranda Writes - Vanilla Chai Tea Smoothie, and Chocolate Coffee Smoothie.

Blogs on books - Blogger Book Club, and 9 Novels to Curl up with this Winter.

All the baby bump updates - Nina, Laura, Amanda, Jessica, Desiree, Allison, etc. Can't get enough. Then of course the birth stories - Aria's, and Dominic's. I feel like I'm missing a few recent birth stories, so those ones too. Also, waiting on a few 'baby is here!' announcements. My gosh everybody is pregnant.

Loved hearing that Stella did not end up having craniosynostosis!

Any and all things Disney of course - Dixie Delights was just there and I know a few others making a trip soon. We were just there a couple weeks ago, and then just the other day - recap coming soon, it was one of our most jam-packed Disney days with Aria yet.

Jurassic World
What I'm watching...
Let me see the last movies that I watched were...Bring It On, Independence Day, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Hobbit: the first one, Chocolat, and How to Train your Dragon 2. I'm sure Tangled and Frozen have been on recently as well, being Aria's faves. And, of course Sofia on repeat.

I'm pretty excited about the next Avengers, Insurgent,  and Jurassic World.

I haven't watched a thing on TV lately, or Netflix streaming. Oh, we did just have Lucy to watch - kind of weird kind of interesting. Now the new Planet of the Apes is sitting in that little red envelope waiting to be viewed - it didn't look all that appealing to me, but Chris really wants to see it.

Currently: February
What I'm loving...
Back in November Aria all of a sudden stopped sleeping well and just recently she's really gotten better. I can't remember the last time she was up in the middle of the night, a couple weeks ago maybe. She's been falling asleep without crying for mom to come sit in the room with her. And we've had a few naps where I didn't need to rock her to sleep. I'm still not sure what happened. We'd been meaning to get a new all night night light, but never could find a good one. I've seen no molars pop through. I don't know but I am loving that it has gotten so much better.

I am loving that we finally took down our Christmas decorations and then I deep cleaned the living room. Now Aria and I need to just put up a little something red pink or heart-y for Valentine's Day.

We've had completely perfect weather in the mornings lately. Aria and I go out right in the morning and stay out until the sun gets over the treeline and it gets too hot. Sometimes we eat breakfast hanging out on the porch. More often than not Aria plays in the dirt and picks flowers and plays on her slide and harasses the dogs. I wish we had this weather year round - cool breeze warm sun.

Currently: February
What I'm eating...
Chris made his delicious ribs for the Super Bowl, and I made baked beans and queso blanco.

Aria and I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies last week. I meant to send them to work with Chris but forgot repeatedly. Now they aren't fresh enough to send and we have a ton left. Oops. Anybody want some slightly stale cookies?

I've got Mongolian beef, chicken taco salad, and slow cooker pot roast on the meal plan for the week. I think it is the first week I've meal planned since we have holiday visitors. We've been super low key and lazy with our meals lately.

Currently: February
What I'm thankful for...
I'm thankful for big hugs from Aria. It is hard to top just because neck hugs.

I'm thankful that Baxter doesn't have to wear his cone anymore.

I'm thankful that Chris always drives the three hours round trip to and from Disney.

22 comments:

  1. yay for better sleep! Vday crafting is in full swing here too. Just can't get her to focus long enough to finish in one sitting. Books? TV? what are those things? I tease - I did a lot over the holidays which is why im so behind in life lol! Cookie baking - sounds yummy! We need to do some sort of Valentine baking. Not sure what yet. Something that involves sprinkles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a link on my blog to the book: The Day it Rained Hearts...it is soo cute! I got it for Hallie and Love it! I also got Hug You Kiss You Love you, but that's a board book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay that Aria is sleeping better!!! That is GREAT news.

    We really need to get working on our Valentines too. That one always sneaks up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on a roll with your book challenge! So glad that Aria is sleeping better now too. I'm super excited for the next Avengers movie- hoping I can make a date night out of seeing it at the theater. I think the last time we saw a movie there was 2012 :) And you're right- so many people are pregnant right now! Must be something in the water... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Nancy Tillman book. I was at Target and picked up "You are my wish come true" by Marianne Richmond and it seems like it will be very similar to the Nancy Tillman book. It was in the Valentine book section.

    http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Wish-Come-True/dp/1934082600/ref=pd_sim_b_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1XCAVD18PXPK6ZW0EA2H

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m so glad Aria is sleeping better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly you made me hungry with this post. And I JUST had breakfast lol. But of course since I'm on a diet, I'm always wanting what I can't have. Speaking of... chocolate coffee smoothie?!?! I'm going to be needing one of those ASAP on Day 31 :)
    I joined in a blogger valentine's exchange too and sent those off but need to make Mason's buds valentine's this weekend and send them off! I love having kids around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girlie! Thank you so much for linking my smoothies! You're the best! I've also got Outlander on my reading list! I'm about half way through but I want to finish before the show starts back up again! Also, beans and queso sound amazing right now! I think I'll have to get Mexican for lunch! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post... I have a very similar one planned for tomorrow!!! And I'm with you, I feel like everyone is pregnant right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been into watching tv lately either. My shows are piling up on the DVR. We have been watching a few movies though. We are trying to see if we can watch all the Best Picture Oscar nominee's this year. Just for something fun to do. Also, I think it is a way of forcing ourselves to watch movies we wouldn't normally pick up. I am totally looking forward to those 3 movies coming out this year as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel so behind in the Valentine's department! I have no ideas/plans for anyone. Marcus (and Scott) might just get a box of those little hearts and I'll call it a day.
    WOOHOO for better sleep! I wish I could say the same over here. Come on sleep fairy, do your magic!
    I have to laugh - you're so right - everyone seems to be rocking baby bumps these days.
    P.S. Sparking Green Earrings - LOVED.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved What Alice Forgot! What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so true about everyone being pregnant! Are you feeling the fever yet?! Also impressive work on the reading! Two books a month is usually my max, although I tend to like longer books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I am so very glad she is sleeping better for you!! It's so frustrating when that happens and there isn't a real reason for it. You sure have been busy! I love that you read her Harry Potter. We have been working through the movies with Letty. She fears NOTHING. And you're right there is almost something in the blogger water so many pregnancies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are a reading machine! Daaaaamn! You go girl!

    I cannot wait for Jurassic World. Every time I see a preview for it, it has my full attention. Ha, ha!

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much to talk about, but yay for better sleeping! And 35 books?! That is so awesome. Do you buy the books or do you have a kindle, and if you do buy them, what do you do with them when you are done? I tend to keep my books, cause I will read them a few years down the road. Do you ever re-read books? So many questions I know. The last movie I saw was yesterday and it was Honey 2, lol. It was cute. Although the girl from Vampire Diaries was in it and I kept giggling cause her character is all gangster type and she is NOT that on VD.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much going on! Glad to see your little one is sleeping better again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just got all caught up here on your blog. Glad you're all sleeping better. Disney. Your armadillo visitor. And I love day in the life posts! Happy you're doing well. 2015 is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so happy that Aria is sleeping better. I had one great sleeper, and the other one, well she's 12 and well....I'm glad Aria's doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love posts like this that take the time to recognize all those little things in life that you're enjoying, looking forward to, and thankful for! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute little girl. I'm excited for the new Avengers and Insurgent movies as well. I always enjoy reading through your post, you keep everything so organized I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Huck Finn is the hardest book to read, ever! I remember reading that in high school, and until the teacher read some of it aloud, I had no idea what the book was trying to say half the time.

    Great job with your reading goals! You'll be done with your 35 books by June at this rate.

    Thanks for the shout out, sweet friend :) That reminds me, I should probably do another bump update, we're already almost halfway through this pregnancy and I've done like 4. Whoops...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.