Friday, January 23, 2015

Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce

Sweet Turtle Soup - Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
Taste: This peanut sauce would make cardboard taste good.
Amount: Serves 4.
Time: 45 minutes.
Source: Natasha's Kitchen and The 125 Best Fondue Recipes by Ilana Simon.

Ingredients:
for the chicken-
  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ginger, minced or 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
for the wraps-
  • head lettuce
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
  • 2-3 cups cooked rice
for the peanut sauce-
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions:
In a medium dish, combine all the ingredients for the chicken marinade: olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil. Stir. Add your chicken breasts to the dish and flip a few times to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, flipping the chicken half way through.

While the chicken is marinating, make your peanut sauce. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until needed.

Cook your rice according to the package.

Then prep your carrots, cucumbers, and lettuce.

Once your chicken is done marinating, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken along with the marinade and saute until fully cooked, about 10 minutes per side. Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips.

Set each ingredient up in a bowl or serving dish, and have everybody make their own wrap.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce

21 comments:

  1. You had me at peanut sauce!!!! Yum. I'm always looking for new recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I re-pinned them. Hopefully I will make them next month during my meal planning. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! That sounds delicious! We may have to try that, since I'm always on the look out for new recipes to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been craving these for weeks! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yum, yummy! Thanks for sharing! What a fun idea for a ladies lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything with a peanut sauce! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so easy to put together! And healthy too! Great post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these looks so yummy! I love finding new recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We will DEFINITELY be trying these soon!! Good thing the sauce makes cardboard taste good because that's normally how my chicken breasts turn out ;) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. do you deliver? these look delicious. lettuce wraps always satisfy my "sandwich" craving, because they add a nice little crunch. im sending this to james now -- as a dinner idea for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks amazing! and totally doable as a recipe! Saving this for a must try in the new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum yum yum! I've never had these but they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely gonna try this (with fake chicken). :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, I LOVE lettuce wraps! I'll have to put these on the dinner list for next month! Pinned, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks and sounds so incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Put peanut sauce on anything and I'll probably eat it...!! :) These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. TOTALLY book marking these for when we're off our diet and can have peanuts again. These look and sound DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woah - I'm not normally a peanut sauce fan, but these look freaking amazing!!! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum! Another recipe I'm saving! I really need to try some of these- we get into so many ruts with our meals and I'm trying to break out of them. Plus, this looks healthy, which makes it even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE anything with peanut sauce - YUM! When I read that this sauce could make cardboard taste good I laughed ...and immediately pinned! ;) lol. Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.