Friday, January 30, 2015

Historical-ness: Disney Pass

As a wedding present to ourselves we got annual passes to Disney World! So, we spent the first few months of 2012 making good use of it. Not that we didn't go in 2011, but the camera I had then wasn't worth the effort of toting it around. Chris got me a new camera that Christmas, a little tiny thing easy to bring to Disney, so I actually have some pictures from 2012. I picked a handful of my favourites from those trips for today's historical-ness post.

Historical-ness: Boma and Mickey Mouse

We went to Animal Kingdom lodge for breakfast at Boma as a belated birthday present to Chris. I told him we were going to Animal Kingdom that day and then as we got closer to the park I made a detour to the lodge. Disney buffets are some of my favourite eats, and we really enjoyed stuffing ourselves before making our way over to Animal Kingdom.

Historical-ness: Animal Kingdom

Historical-ness: Epcot
Our favourite park pre-Aria was Epcot. A few fun rides, but the best meandering and lots of good food and drink. We still enjoy it with Aria, but Magic Kingdom has definitely taken back the top spot.
 Historical-ness: Epcot

Historical-ness: Epcot, Flower & Garden
We spent the final day on our pass, and also our first Anniversary back at Epcot, which is where we went right after we got married. It also happens to be the Flower & Garden time of the year so it is always extra pretty on our Anniversary. We had lunch at the Rose & Crown, also where we had lunch back when we got married. Traditions, traditions!

A few weeks later we found out we were pregnant, so next up for the historical-ness series is pregnancy highlights and terrible bump pictures from way back before I understood how to use lighting better.

And, if you want to catch up with the rest check out these past posts: 1: How We Met, 2: The First Three Years, 3: Baxter, 4: Lizzy, 5: Life in Colorado, 6: First Summer Back in Florida, 7: Our Last Months Before We Got Married, 8: Our Wedding Day - part one, 9: Our Wedding Day - part two, 10: Honeymoon Day #1, 11: Honeymoon Day #2, 12: Honeymoon Day #3, and 13: Bachelorette Parties & Tough Mudders.

14 comments:

  1. These poss are such good ideas. I can't even fathom how often Matt and I would be in Disney should we have an annual pass. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are sooo lucky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, sweet wedding/anniversary traditions. Definitely want to make my way over to Epcot someday! Looks like so much fun based on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so much fun! I lol'ed when you said before I knew how to use lighting better. Man so true. I feel like I am learning more all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun tradition! Neither myself or my husband, have ever been to Disney. I hope to make it there sometime with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! You always make me want to pack my bags and go to Disney World!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you're going back and sharing about fun things you did in the past! What a fun record you'll have to look back on someday! And for real, who doesn't LOVE Disney!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you two had such a great time :) I haven't been to Epcot in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I would love to go to Disney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I wish I lived close enough I'm sure I would do the same! I've always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I wish I lived close enough I'm sure I would do the same! I've always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun and genius thing to give each other Disney passes for your wedding! I love it. We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon but I keep kicking myself and wish we went to DisneyWorld instead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute pictures! I wish I lived close enough for an annual pass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pictures! :) So awesome that you had/have annual passes. I would be there all the time if I had one of those bad boys. I am so in Disney withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.