Monday, January 12, 2015

And Now - A Christmas Recap!

And Now - A Christmas Recap!
Christmas, I still can't believe it is already long over. I mean the Christmas tree and all the decorations are still up because...lazy, but as soon as I find some of that motivation and get Chris to drag out all the boxes from storage they will get packed up. It may still look like Christmas, but it certainly doesn't feel like Christmas anymore.

Christmas morning was the best. When I went in to get Aria from her crib she whispered 'santa'. She knew, she was ready. We walked down the hall to see what appeared under the tree, and she was very calm about the whole thing. She was just staring at the new presents. We checked out the plate of cookies we left out for Santa and the carrot for the reindeer, and then she couldn't wait anymore.
And Now - A Christmas Recap!
She opened her gifts from Santa first, and couldn't wait to get her Little People North Pole Cottage out of its packaging.
And Now - A Christmas Recap!
She half listened to my reading of Little Blue Truck's Christmas.
And Now - A Christmas Recap!
And then she ripped open her new kitchen set from great grandma and all bets were off. I had to talk her into opening the rest of her presents by saying they might be more stuff for her kitchen. And, a good chunk of them were. Best present hands down.
And Now - A Christmas Recap!
I pulled out present after present from underneath the tree and handed them out to various recipients. Aria's pile of unopened presents got higher and higher. All she wanted to do was wash her hands in her new sink. She's very cleanly this one.
And Now - A Christmas Recap!
I got a pair of Tieks which are every bit as awesome as promised, a planner, a replacement mason jar tumbler for the one I left on the roof of the car that one time, and clothes. I'm sure a few other things, but that was last year...so long ago it has slipped my mind.
And Now - A Christmas Recap!
Aria got every toy ever made - Hape kitchen tools which are 100% adorable, this play kitchen, play fruit and veggies, puzzles and games, clothes, new shoes, books, a little record player, and on to infinity. She is still head over heels for her kitchen set, and likes to start her day off by grabbing some play fruit and butter sticking it in her mixing bowl and bringing it with her wherever she goes. She is also a pro at making everybody coffee now too. I love that her imagination has quadrupled by getting this kitchen set. Nailed it!
And Now - A Christmas Recap!
And Now - A Christmas Recap!
Chris got a much needed new pair of Birkenstocks - his all time favourite sandal, pj pants, bar glasses, vodka, and whatever else I'm forgetting. I also made him beef jerky because it just isn't Christmas without jerky in his book.
And Now - A Christmas Recap!
The pups got boxes and boxes of treats and a couple of toys to destroy. Lizzy is chill about the whole thing, but Baxter feels the need to help open each and every present. 
And Now - A Christmas Recap!
We had one fun and fantastic and festive Christmas! Now will somebody please pop over and put away the decorations for me?

pst...this is from last Christmas! She wasn't even walking yet, and she had no hair. It feels like such a long time ago. I can't even imagine what new wonders next Christmas will bring!
And Now - A Christmas Recap!

16 comments:

  1. I am SO glad that you are back friend. I have missed your posts so much. What an AMAZING Christmas. You definitely nailed it with the kitchen and she will keep playing with it for several years to come! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Christmas! That little kitchen is too too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aria is so adorable! I love that she said Santa!!! So sweet. That kitchen is awesome, I'm hoping to get one for Ellie for her birthday in May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! Aria is adorable. It's crazy how fast they really do grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAIT! Little Blue Truck has a Christmas book!?! I need that. Need. David would about die he loves them so much.

    What a great Christmas! That's so wonderful that she loved her kitchen so much. It's nice when a gift is that well loved... so long as all the others get attention as well. And the givers won't feel so bad then... I hate when a gift is kind of ignored because of the bigger better option which i mean, a kitchen is just that. Hope she is just loving up all her toys still!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing Christmas :) That kitchen is such an awesome present! Looks like the kind of toy that will still be fun for years and years. Joe was all drill sergeant about taking down the Christmas stuff as soon as we got back from my parents, so our house has been de-Christmasified for awhile :( I kinda miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad Aria loved her kitchen! Especially after the birthday car event :) Reese got one too from my parents, but we haven't bought play food for it yet. I'll have to check out the sets you got for her. Oh and don't worry- our decorations and tree are still up too. A little bit lazy on our part, but we like to leave everything up until at least epiphany. Oh, and last year's picture - so CUTE! I can't believe how much they change in that span of time. What kind of planner did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing more magical then watching a child on Christmas morning.
    Such a sweet post.

    Happy Monday,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great Christmas!! Love the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great Christmas! Our kitchen play set was a family favorite when we were kids :) I like that Aria's set is pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stop it!! I can't believe how much she grew in a short year! Especially her adorable hair! ha ha.
    What a great Christmas! I can't wait to pull out Mia's kitchen... but after seeing how much she got for her birthday, and knowing how much more she would get for Christmas, we decided to hold off a few more months, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like guys had an awesome Christmas! I can't wait until Greyson is excited about gifts! And I've been eyeing that Hape coffee maker for awhile now since it's like a tiny play Keurig & Grey is fascinated by ours. What do you think of it? We definitely need to get a play kitchen for mommy, er I mean Greyson! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great Christmas. Each year it gets better and better! I love Aria's kitchen - it will be a great toy for years!
    And I love the pink retro look. Imaginary play is the BEST. Lia loved her kitchen and now loves helping me in mine - for real. The dogs look like they want in on the action in the kitchen too.
    Happy 2015
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you guys had the best Christmas!!!
    Aria TOTALLY scored with all those goodies! Mason got a kitchen as well but Aria's looks so much cooler! I wanted to add all those Hape items to my cart but refrained. Although now that I see yours, I pretty much regret that decision. Dang.
    You totally scored too and I pretty much love that Chris got booze and food for Christmas. The ultimate man gift! (ps how did you make the beef jerky? Seth and I like it but it's so expensive... would love to learn to make it! As long as it's not too hard lol)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you guys enjoyed such a wonderful Christmas!! I especially love the pic of Aria getting into the kitchen gift! Super cute!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.