Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Twenty Four Months Old

December 2nd
Sweet Turtle Soup: Twenty Four Months Old
Sweet Turtle Soup: Twenty Four Months Old
Sweet Turtle Soup: Twenty Four Months Old
Weight: 29 lbs.

Height: 34 1/2 inches.

Sleep: Bedtime has been wonky this past month. Understatement. And, of course it all started with DST - my enemy. Aria started to refuse to go to bed on her own, and if you left her even for 3 minutes to grab a glass of water she would work herself up so much that she would throw up. So, I would rock her to sleep but every time I would try to lay her down she'd wake up and scream. Eventually she'd be so tired she'd stay asleep when I put her down. Then she would be up a few hours later not being able to fall back to sleep on her own, which she'd been doing beautifully for over a year. A couple nights we were up for 3,4,5 hours. Then she'd wake up at 6something. It's gotten better toward the end of the month. She can put herself to sleep if she is actually tired, but sometimes she wants mom to sit in the room with her. At least half the time so far. I have learned that if I just sit in there with her while she lays in her crib she will eventually fall asleep, many evenings of candy crush for mom. She hasn't woken up in the middle of the night for a bit though, and she finally moved back up to her pre-DST wake up of around 8. So two out of three isn't so bad.

Not only did nights go to hell, but so did the naps. She flat out refused a few. It's been a very tiring month for us. Before we'd go in and get ready for a nap by reading one book and singing a couple carols then I'd lay her down and leave. No fuss no muss. Now she would rather scream for 2 hours than put herself to sleep. So, we get ready for a nap with the usual book or three and some carols while I rock her in the chair until she falls asleep. This usually only takes 10-15 minutes, and she has (so far...knock on wood) not had a problem when I lay her down. I've fallen asleep a few times myself and wake up 40 minutes later with a crick in my neck. She will sleep for about an hour and a half whereas before it was a nice two and a half hours. When she wakes up she immediately starts to cry, before I'd hear her rolling around when she woke up but she never really cried.

It was so night and day, we have no idea what caused the switch to flip. We thought maybe teeth? But, nothing has popped through yet. Perhaps the dark? She has a night light, and sometimes when it turns off she will cry out for mom (always mom). But, not always. It's on a timer. I've been looking around for something that shines out stars but will stay on all night plugged in. Other than one that was about 250 bucks, I haven't really found any winners. Growing pains? Nightmares? Too cold? Too hot? Normal regression? Shrug. At least it is better now. I can handle a shorter nap, snuggles, and candy crush when she is sleeping through the night. Just getting that full night of sleep is the key to happiness. The rest we just deal with.

Clothes: Wearing 24 months and some 2T. 2T pants and PJs seem to fit the best. Tops she can go either way. We had great success at our second hand shop recently for some cooler weather wear.

Diapers: Size 4 Pampers baby dry. No cloth diapers. Same on the potty training front, she'll do her business if you put her on the toilet but doesn't ask. Or, she'll ask right after she's done her business.

Loves: watching TV, 'night moon' (the book), the actual moon, 'diggers' (the book), orange, looking through the mounds of catalogs that arrive daily this time of year - food, clothes, toys, grills, etc...she's not picky, reading, carols, dancing, locking people out of the house (mainly dad), her blocks, going anywhere, rides in her pink car, going to the park, jumping on the bed, and turning on the Christmas tree lights each morning.

Hates: sleeping, when mom isn't around, and being told 'no' in general.

Milestone Progress: all the talking. More and more words, more and more combos of words. She will repeat names, which is just plain adorable. When she says her own name is my favourite. A few of my favourite words this month have been 'diggers', 'pants on', 'loki' (the cat), and 'O B' (Obi, her godfather's dog - his other dog is named Yoda and I asked her to say Yoda but she just prefers to say O B over and over).

Again, not overly tantrum-y. She gets upset if I get Chris to do something for her - change her diaper, or even grab her her milk. She just wants mom all the time and to do everything, poor Chris. She's even less into Great Grandma this month, and Great Grandma has always been a favourite. She was definitely grumpier this month when she wasn't sleeping all night, but no melt downs. That time out she received over biting last month apparently was just the push she needed, she has barely bitten me at all this month. She'll seem like she is going to and then just rests her mouth on me or licks me.

Teeth: 16, as far as I can tell.

Eats: She is a fan of fruit, bread, veggies, cheese, and meat on a bone. No pasta. No pizza. No chicken nuggets. Your average toddler, likes what she likes is picky about everything. But, at least she tries everything too and she is a fan of veggies.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Twenty Four Months Old

31 comments:

  1. I love those Jammie's!! Those are my favorite style. I remember going through something similar with Letty. we ended up just giving up her nap in hopes her evenings and wake times would improve. And they did. She hasn't napped since I think something like 20 months. Desperate times call for desperate measures I'll tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw she's adorable! And so grown up! Happy Birthday little dear! Jealous that she tries things! It's rare for Grey to these days! And agreed on the pjs! They're stylin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2nd birthday, Aria!!! Orange, it's a sign of intelligence ya know! Wyatt loves it too! ;) So glad that her sleeping habits are slowly getting back to normal, I would have died in pretty sure had Wyatt done this. Aria, no pizza?? Wyatt would be so dissapointed, haha! Hope the party was a huge success!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, little lady! Such cute pajamas. Cash doesn't like pizza either. Silly kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Birthday, sweetest Aria!! Now, take a nap and sleep through the night - you're a big girl now!! ;-) XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks just like you! And I love her in those plaid pajamas! Welcome to the 2s!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday sweet girl! The sleep thing has to be so frustrating. It goes in spurts at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Aria! She's getting so big! I'm glad the sleep issues seem to be getting a bit better. We went through a mom stage a while back, but that too has subsided. Reese still wants mom in the night if she wakes up, but now she's happiest when both mom and dad are around. :) What's your secret to getting her to eat veggies?? Reese likes broccoli, green beans, and sweet potato fries, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh I just love those jammies on her!! and the picture with the dog, SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The picture of her and the dog is priceless!! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh 2! She is as always adorable and so are those pj's! Oh the sleep thing, both mine woke up early today, not sure why...I hope it's not a thing. yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cutest thing in the world!! Love those Christmas PJs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's soo cute!! Love her PJ's!! Soo exciting that she's already 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! She's a total doll! And those pjs are so freaking cute!!

    XOXO,
    Summer Ann
    www.simplysummerann.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so stinking cute. But seriously, what is up with the sleep regression? YUCK. No idea there. I wish I could help out. Mac goes through phases where he'll have a couple rough nights in a row, but nothing like this (yet). Hang in there, mama! Hopefully it's just a phase (isn't it always?).

    ReplyDelete
  16. How precious is she! I miss those days so much. Cherish every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's so presh! And looks so grown up in those pjs. As much as I like normal PJ's, I'm going to miss footie PJ's someday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those jammies are adorable! We didn't go through the "terrible two's" but three was real FUN! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Sweet Aria and I completely agree, being told no stinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday sweet girl! I've really enjoyed watching you grow!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, cutest 2 year old ever! Happy Birthday Aria!

    Fingers crossed the sleep situation is working itself out. Seems like it's gotten a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those Christmas jams are perfect! She's the cutest. Happy 24 months, Aria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday Aria!!
    The sleep sounds a lot like us (except we have never been very good at that to begin with). Eventually we found we have to leave a small lamp on allllll night long. The minute that lamp light goes off is the minute we hear "TURN ON THE LIGHTS MOMMY!" So, maybe a small lamp that you can leave on?? I hope your sleep situation gets better!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ok. shes seriously adorable!! and we had some random sleep wakings too. and ALWAYS calling for mom. what is with these toddlers? its so not fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. She is so stinkin cute! I love her jammies too

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy, happy birthday sweet girl!!! LOVE that first picture of her. I swear you should add "smiling like the cutest girl ever" to her list of likes. Oh, and poor Chris! She likes to lock him out? Sounds dangerous if he's home alone with her!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness she is precious! Happy Birthday to her! I LOVE those jammies SO MUCH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh how I love Aria!! Happy Birthday baby girl!! (Why do our girls have to grow so fast?! Ah!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. She is so precious. Those jammies are so cute. Perfect for Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all of this except the sleep woes!! Boo to sleep changes but at least night sleep is better. Yay for being tantrum light. Around 2 wasn't bad but lately they r awful dramatic nonsense so watch out! but I think Aria is more mellow than C so I hope you guys are fine :) And wow tiny little peanut but so cute! I love the pjs photos in front of the tree too! :) Happt bday cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.