Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving - The Parade, Turkey, and Dirty Buns!

Happy Thanksgiving! Again! Can't skip out on the recap...must document all the things. So here it is.

We let Lizzy and Baxter outside like usual in the morning, but Lizzy decided to get stick-ems all over herself this time. When I noticed I said "Lizzy, did you get stick-ems on yourself?", and Aria immediately went over, grabbed her paw, and started examining it. Her end result was that she needed a kiss to make it better.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Do you have stick-ems? They are the ones without the hooks, just the green velcro type. Since I tend to call these things weird names and nobody has any idea what I am talking about.

So, after Lizzy was de-stick-em-ed we started on breakfast and turned the parade on. The Parade! One of my favourite holiday traditions. 
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Aria rather enjoyed the little dance numbers they have before the parade actually reaches their commentating spot. She was too interested to even look for a picture.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Thanksgiving breakfast is a newer tradition of ours. We've only done it since Aria was born. Before we might have made cinnamon rolls or grabbed something easy, but lately we've gone with the whole shebang. This year we had cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage patties, sausage links, and cheesy eggs. We were just missing orange juice and home fries.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
So thankful for this wee little beasty. She's sweet, she's crazy, she's my favourite.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
And then we watched Santa roll into town! My favourite part. By then I had to bribe Aria with an oreo to come back and watch it with me. Floats and people walking just aren't that appealing to this kid.

After Aria's nap we went over to her godfather's for dinner!

I also forgot my camera so the rest of the day is brought to you by my blurry camera photos. Oops...

Aria did all the things and had a blast.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
She was talking about Obi for days afterwards. She's still chanting his name, so I guess that means we need to pop back over so she can be bulldozed some more.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
She went up, down, up, down, up.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Played around in the treehouse.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Sat in her chair with a big stick...
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Climbed up a vine.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
And, then feasted! She mainly had rolls, cranberry sauce, and crackers. There was also turkey, lamb, potatoes, carrots, stuffing, gravy, and crab dip.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
I told her she couldn't swing in the hammock until after dinner, because it is so dirty. So, that is the first thing she did post feast! When she was done I had to go strip her and swipe off all the debris. I mean honestly how can you get so much dirt in your diaper?
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
After the buns were clean we came back out to hang by the fire.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
She also ran around, climbed on things, and asked to have her picture taken after she backed into the 'forest' of plants.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Thanksgiving - The Parade, Dirty Buns, and Turkey!
After a while we gathered back inside for some more crackers and dessert! I brought over apple cheesecake cookie bars, and there was apple pie and pumpkin pie too. We were all very stuffed! Some of us were also rather dirty. But, we all had a gosh darn lovely time.

19 comments:

  1. So that's a Floridian thanksgiving! How nice you guys can play outside if need be! She's getting so big it's crazy!! In her high chair she looks like a giant practically. Sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that got to have a campfire on Thanksgiving! Looks like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, Aria really is the sweetest thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day :) I like the tradition of a Thanksgiving breakfast and watching the parade. We've missed the parade the last 2 years (boo!) because of traveling to parent's/in-laws houses in the morning. Next year though! Reese was not that big of a fan of all the Thanksgiving yummy-ness unfortunately, but that's ok. She seems to be going through a very picky stage currently. I love that treehouse and the picture of Aria in the plants - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nice weather people. Being outside for Thanksgiving is just foreign to me! Sounds like a fun-filled day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Thanksgiving. I think the parade is a favorite of mine to and this year I was to busy to watch any of it #fail. Love the plant picture, so jealous of pretty green ferns. I completely agree with Becky ^ such a crazy thought of doing out doorsy stuff on Thanksgiving. We tried to quickly snap a group photo of the family and almost froze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the parade...Sofia and I watched some of it too while I cooked. I find that it's just not the same as it used to be growing up. So many commentaries and not enough looking at floats and bands and stuff. Sofia loved the dance numbers though. We clapped after each one! I'm glad Aria was loving it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is just adorable! Don't kids make the holidays so much more fun and special?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! I love watching the parades every year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a full day! So great to be able to document holidays and fun for others to read!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for a warm weather thanksgiving! I thought it'd be nice to experience a cold fall, and then I went to Massachusetts and got that out of my system ;) Sounds like a great day. You must have had one worn out toddler after all that climbing she did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We enjoy a fire once a week when the temps drop. I love the smell and feel of a fire.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since moving to California we never see any of the parade. It is on SO EARLY out here! And, it's one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions.
    Aria looks like she had a blast being nature toddler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fun holiday weekend! You know, we've NEVER watched the parade on TV. I bet my boys would love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such cute pics. I love the one with her in the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your Thanksgiving breakfast! I totally would have done that if we didn't go to the turkey trot. Breakfast is my favorite meal (so much so that we have it for dinner often!) and I think it would be so much better to have a big breakfast and a small Thanksgiving dinner. Give me all the pancakes or cinnamon rolls over turkey any day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like it was such a good thanksgiving! I love that she was examining the pup to get the stick ems off of her!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great day! Wyatt wanted nothing to do with the parade. There was a lot more commentating than what I remembered. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seems like an awesome Thanksgiving! & what a cutie you have by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.