Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sweet Sunday

November 23rd -  December 6th
All of our simple and sweet moments from the past two weeks. 

Sweet Sunday
Aria was very helpful when we decorated the Christmas tree. She put all the boxes I had just taken out right back in. bah humbug?

Sweet Sunday
Sweet Sunday
Aria was so excited to help dad sweep off all the acorns from the driveway. Pure determination.

Sweet Sunday
After that was done she took on the job of neighborhood greeter.

Sweet Sunday
I think Aria has gotten more mail this month and last month than I've gotten all year. Opening up a Thanksgiving card this time.

Sweet Sunday
I  made the mistake of not understanding what she was asking. She wanted to take a picture, not have her picture taken. So sorry miss.

Sweet Sunday
Celtic Thunder was on the 'ee' the other night. I'm not 100%, buuuut I think Aria was a fan.

Sweet Sunday
And this move...what is that even? She put her hands up like that and then twisted her hips from side to side. She kills me.

Sweet Sunday
Not only for sliding, but also for a little shade. 

Sweet Sunday
 Hard at work pinging her magnet balls back down. Then she stabs the thing with her magnet pen to get a few popped back to the top before pinging them back down again.

Sweet Sunday
Sweet Sunday
My birthday girl on her birthday day! I made her a three layered chocolate pancake 'cake' with whipped creme in between. She asked for 7ths on the whipped creme. On your birthday right...

She also loved having the happy birthday song sung to her. We sang it for four days on repeat until I told her we'd have to wait until the next birthday to sing it again. She's still blowing out candles every time she can talk me into lighting one.

Speaking of birthdays...today is Chris' birthday! He reads the comments, feel free to leave him some birthday love below =)

Sweet Sunday
This star box was a great idea for her birthday. Simple and we already had everything on hand.

Sweet Sunday
She's been playing in it ever since.

Sweet Sunday
This is how I found her after dinner one night.

Sweet Sunday
Just a little tunnel fun.

Sweet Sunday
We brought the nativity out on Dec 1st and I thought she'd never leave it alone. I remember many Christmases rearranging this nativity over and over and over. But, mostly she's left it be. She did however think all the animals needed to slide down the stable roof a few times one evening.

Sweet Sunday
"Mail is here!"

Sweet Sunday
"Um...what am I even looking at?"

Sweet Sunday
 "Oh, it opens one more time! Gotcha."

Aria has been getting Birthday bits in the mail sprinkled over the past week or so. This time she got a Birthday picture from the sweet Reese whose mama blogs over at Cocktails & Carseats and whose Birthday just happens to be today too! Happy Birthday Reese =)

Sweet Sunday
Apparently yesterday was St. Nicholas Day. And, since I can't let any holiday go unturned Aria put her shoes out by the tree before her nap.

Sweet Sunday
Then lo and behold they were filled with treats when she woke up!

Sweet Sunday
Sweet Sunday
She found a chocolate reindeer, that looks like a chocolate bunny, and Doc McStuffins fruit snacks!

Happy Saint Nicholas Day the day after. And, since I'm pretty clueless about this particular celebration beyond getting treats in shoes (or stockings) I'm hoping to learn more about it in time for next year.

Sweet Sunday
We curl up in the nursery for story time and carol singing before bed each night. Last night Aria all of a sudden gets up and army crawls under her crib. Three times. I have no idea what motivated her to try that out, it was like she had a eureka moment realizing 'hey, I can fit under that bad boy' and immediately went and did it. Kids, so strange.

Have a sweet Sunday!


http://sweet-turtle-soup.blogspot.com/2014/12/holiday-home-tour-link-up-annoucement.html

5 comments:

  1. Looks like tons of festive fun happening in your home lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! When she is waving at the neighbors, I swear she looks 16! Adorable!! Daddy's little helper. That's how Lily is...wanted or not. ha! Happy birthday Chris!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. St. Nicolas day, so much fun. I should have done something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so good! St. Nicolas Day?? Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many cute pictures! I love the one of her peeking out of the star box. And the little broom! I like that you got pictures of her opening the mail too :) Coloring is one of Reese's favorite things lately, so we had to send Aria a birthday picture. Love her birthday pancake stack- I made those yesterday for Reese's birthday but they weren't as cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.