Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Secret Santa: Mommy & Me Book Exchange Reveal & Link Up

Remember way back in October when Jenny, Elizabeth and I announced a 'Mommy & Me Book Exchange'? If you don't you can check the original post out here. Well, today is the big reveal!

My Secret Santa was Jamie from Cocktails & Carseats! And, while Aria and dad went out on a walk I popped our books under the tree for her to find when she came home.
Secret Santa: Mommy & Me Book Exchange Reveal & Link Up
It actually took her forever to spot them. Much gesticulating and name calling was involved to get her to finally notice, ha. She's a pro now though because any time she's gotten a birthday gift in the mail I put it under the tree for her to find usually after her nap. That's why I haven't put any Christmas presents under there yet, I'm pretty sure they would go from perfectly wrapped to ripped apart in 2 seconds flat.

But, find them she eventually did.
Secret Santa: Mommy & Me Book Exchange Reveal & Link Up
Secret Santa: Mommy & Me Book Exchange Reveal & Link Up
Secret Santa: Mommy & Me Book Exchange Reveal & Link Up
Secret Santa: Mommy & Me Book Exchange Reveal & Link Up
And, she got 'diggers'! One of her faves. We rented it from the library and she was so bummed when we returned it. It was great timing that Jamie sent Aria her very own copy just a few days later. Now we just need to add 'night moon' to the collection because she was pretty bummed about that one going back too.
Secret Santa: Mommy & Me Book Exchange Reveal & Link Up
I told Aria she could open up mom's too, which she did in record time and then flipped the pages once before looking at me like...what in the heck kind of book is this?
Secret Santa: Mommy & Me Book Exchange Reveal & Link Up
I got 'I Capture The Castle', which I have heard good things about and I haven't had two seconds to even start it yet. I had such high book aspirations around Thanksgiving because I was taking a blog break, so that must mean I had tons of free time for leisurely book reading, right? Wrong. I did manage to finish the book I'd started weeks prior, and ended up hating it. Honestly, I've had the worst luck with books this year. Fingers crossed for this one.
Secret Santa: Mommy & Me Book Exchange Reveal & Link Up

Thanks so much Jamie and Reese!

I was Secret Santa to Stephanie and Connor over at Wife Mommy Me - go check her blog out to see what we sent.

And, if you participated in the book exchange please link up your reveal posts below so we can hop around and see what everybody received.

http://sweet-turtle-soup.blogspot.com/2014/12/holiday-home-tour-link-up-annoucement.html

21 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea! Who doesn't love books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate that I missed out on this, so fun!! Maybe we'll have to do it again in the spring! Wyatt loves the "diggers" book and Goodnight Moon. I had Goodnight Moon memorized for a while. Love that they love their books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letting the kid open your presents. Classic mom move there. I don't think I have opened a present myself in about 6 years ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad we picked some good ones :) I hope the one we got you turns out to be good! I love that Aria opened both presents... you'll think this is funny, but I couldn't get Reese to open any presents recently. Everything on her birthday I had to open. We couldn't get her to rip the wrapping paper off, even though she did last year on her birthday! Such a timid little thing... hoping we have better luck at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun exchange! That digger book sounds like something I should get for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove the books you got! Mia would be all over that digger book! One of her current favorite books is "trucks" it's a flap book and talks about all major construction/emergency trucks, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night? is one of our favorite books! I got it for Mason a couple months ago (his bday maybe?) and we have read it almost every night since. He loves it. And how funny Aria opened your book and then was like "what the heck?". She was probably wondering where all the pictures were! LOL. Sucks to be an adult. There are only words when you get older.
    Good choices Jamie and Reese!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had so much fun, thank you Courtney! Sorry about your bad book streak, I hate when that happens, but its all part of the experience of turning that first page.
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun, I was bummed I missed/forgot to join in on this...boo! But what a fun thing to do. I hope you like the book you got! I think my son would love that books A got, will have to go get him a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea! Books are always the perfect gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard good things about that diggers book! Looks really cute! Do you mean she doesn't own a copy of good night moon? Your book look interesting - you'll have to let me know if you like it... if I ever find time to read again... I don't even watch TV and there's still just never enough time for well anything. Oh well such is mom life right?! So glad we teamed up for this - super easy fun gift exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love our books. I've read "Mouse Cookie" daily since your package arrived. I'm holding off on reading Jenny Lawson's book until after the holidays. I have so much going on.
    We have the book Aria received; it's a favorite of Connor's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this idea so much! Wish I would have followed you sooner, so that I could have joined in. Looking forward to the home tours on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you put the books under the tree for her to find. :) She's such a doll! And I have never heard of the book you got. I will h ave to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We haven't read Diggers, but that seems like another one Ez would love. And I totally know what you mean about not having a spare second to read. I need to pull a Rory and just carry a book with me everywhere I go (along with the million other things I carry around for Ez...yeah right!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Digger book looks like something right up our alley!
    Fun exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fun! I'm bummed I didn't know about this! I love seeing all the books everyone got though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute idea! Books are my fave gift to get (or a gift card to a bookstore). Happy reading to you and Aria!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea. It's never too long to start reading and loving books.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I would've got in on this! What a neat idea! That book looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.