Friday, December 5, 2014

Oh Hey, It's Five on Friday: Aria's Top 5 Birthday Presents

Favorite Toddler Birthday Presents
[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]

1. The Slide - If we were going for her most favourite present it would be this slide. She was so annoyed when it rained and I made her come back inside away from her beloved slide. It makes me wish we had a swing set, but in the meantime this is the next best thing. She's barely stopped playing with it since she received it. 

2. Magnet Toy - This one has been fun for the whole family. I was making dinner so I put on a Christmas movie for Aria, and next thing I hear is Chris playing with the magnet toy. It makes the most satisfying little ping noise too when you pop the balls back down. Aria has almost played with this as much as her slide. It would make the perfect travel toy.

3. Disney Playhouse - Aria's is actually the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse design, but I couldn't find an image of it anywhere. Same thing, different picture. And, it is hilarious to watch Aria play in it because she doesn't just crawl in and through it but flops on it and collapses the whole thing on herself before popping out laughing. Definitely not the most stationary of toys but Aria seems to like that even better.

4. B. Toys Bath Boat - Aria was angry with me when I wouldn't let her play with it before bath time. She tried to talk everybody else into opening it for her too. Poor kid. Making her wait. It has been a great incentive for bath time too, not that she's really resisted it ever but now she can't wait to hop in the tub. I'm happy to replace the squeeze toys now.

5. Train Blocks - We've had many choo choo parties since her birthday party with this baby. And, mom has had that Disney Junior train song in her head ever since. I think I'm having just as much fun with it as she is too. And, it is one of those toys that I have to 'fix' after each play session so that all the blocks are in the 'right' spots. 

She also received: mini-cooper power wheels, An Otis Christmas - book, skip hop zoo penguin backpack, beaba cuttlery, skip hop zoo hedgehog plate set, Alice in Wonderland - babylit book, clothes, magnetic fishing puzzles, easel, Disney storybook collection books, stickers and art bits, a huge plush elephant, cookie set and mini apron, alphabet puzzle, Sofia DVD, and college fund money. Plus, everything I'm sure I forgot.

I think she can open her own toy store, now to find places to put it all...

Linking up with:
THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

21 comments:

  1. The slide looks perfect! Callie has a tent coming for Xmas so glad to see its well liked! Yay for choochoo blocks too. Looks like she had a great bday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that train and so would Connor. I'm going to look into the bath toys because really, he needs something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choices! She is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great gifts! The train is a great gift and I love the slide too, but I would only allow Marli to play on this while I'm actually playing with her. This little monkey of mine loves to climb on everything. I'm sure she will LOVE anything you get her :)
    Linh
    http://abeautifulrawr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily would love that bath time boat! Bath time is fun with daddy and this seems right up both their alleys! Also, great price on that slide! We might have to do something about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad Aria's Bday was so fun for her! Lia still loves tub toys - you know it gets boring in there :)
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aria scored some awesome goodies!

    We have the same train, and it is played with all the time! I'm like you, I have to "fix" it after each play session. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that train. Such a great gift. David loves his. And I happened to get him that exact slide for Christmas. Okay well santa did. Glad to know its a tried and true favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! We've got numbers 4 and 5 and they are a hug hit in our house. I found your blog on the 5 on Friday linkup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I think Ez would love all these as well, especially the slide.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen that magnet toy before. So cute! We have a a few of the green toys bath boats, and they're winners for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great gifts, my littl guy practically lived in his toy stroy tent, im sure your kiddo will love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had a slide on Reese's wish list, so glad to know that Aria really likes it! I've never seen anything like that magnet toy- it looks cool though. We're getting Reese a few trains for Christmas/her birthday so I may have to add this one to our list. I know what you mean too - there's so many of her toys I set back up after she's done playing with them. I do that with her Little People nativity every day :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mason had plenty of fun with #1, 3 & 5. He's outgrown his slide and tent thing...but still pulls out the train blocks when he goes to his Nana & Papas house. I've never seen or heard of the magnet toy! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to get Wyatt a slide too, but I'm really trying to hold off until daddy builds him a swing set! He'd love it! It would definitely have to be outside though because I know it would immediately become a stool! I'm definitely going to have to look into that magnet toy. Wyatt's obsessed with magnets! I turned around today and he had actually stuck cheese to the fridge..."look mom, it's a magnet", gah!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this list--- we don't have place for a slide or that tent but the rest…. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can not tell you how many of those playhouse things we have been through! lol Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That girls has good taste ;). We used to play on a little slide now we just use it in the pool, lol. We are almost to big for that now though. Mickey Mouse tent, woo hoo, she will play with that FOREVER. M still plays with one she got a few years ago. I can't believe it has lasted this long.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is that the Melissa and Doug train set? I love that one! I have wanted to buy it so many times for my kids but it's hard to justify when we're up to our eyeballs in other trains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like Aria had the best birthday with all the toys she got! I can just imagine what your days are like now : up the slide, down the slide, up the slide, down the slide, play with train, up the slide, down the slide :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have the bath boat and train blocks. They have been favorites for a while. I'm sure your little lady with love them for months to come.

    I am hosting a Jameson Monroe giveaway on Our Little Miracles. You should stop by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.