Monday, December 1, 2014

Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby

Happy December!

I'm back from my blog-cation. It was not the super productive week I was hoping for. Aria sensed that I had a million things on my to do lists, there were four, so she decided to have trouble falling asleep for several nights. So instead of using some much needed baby-free time checking things off my lists I was hanging out with her trying to talk/soothe/rock her into falling asleep. But, in the end I did manage to get all the important things done and I only broke down in frustrated tears twice!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving over at Aria's godfather's house. And, Aria's birthday party was the best. totally worth all the work. More on those soon.

So, I thought I'd kick off December with our trip to visit Santa!

Remember last year's visit to Santa? The one where we waited in line for 3 hours and then Aria fell asleep right before our turn? Probably not, so check out the post. The 3 hours sucked. A lot. But, those pictures are some of my absolute favourite forever and always.

This year we flipped things around. We went early in the season (last year we went the weekend before Christmas, and this year we went well before Thanksgiving), and we got to the mall before it opened (last year we got there when it opened) so our wait was a short one. But, the pictures...well keep reading to find out.

We were second in line, we were feeling good. We took some pictures in the whimsically festive waiting area, which is one of the coolest Santa queues I've ever seen.
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
After a few more families filled in behind us we sat down with a few good books. I should have stuffed her diaper bag full of em though. We read the two I brought over and over. They did the trick though, and our wait was only 20-30 minutes.
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Then Santa arrived to cheers and it was our turn shortly thereafter...
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Aria clearly loved it. The photographer guys tried everything to get her to crack a smile, but she was not having it. They even let us pop back after a few more kids went through to see if she would calm down some, but nope nope nope. This year's photo is in the traditional 'why are you giving me away to a strange old guy' style.

So, a short wait and lame photo. Too bad she didn't feel like taking a nap this year too. Fingers crossed for acceptance or even excitement next year!

After the sad Santa sitting we took a ride up the escalator, looked down at the first floor, and then rode the escalator right back down. Aria's request.
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Followed by a quick pitstop at the fountain.
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Then snapped a couple of pictures by the tree and split. We actually popped over to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day, which I recapped in this post!
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby
Mommy & Me Monday: Santa Baby

How'd your Santa visit go if you've been? Which age is the tolerate Santa age?

linking up with:
Our Pretty Little Girls

28 comments:

  1. Oh yes those ️Santa pictures. Been there done that girl. Sometimes it helps if mom and dad join in. Which we have done for two years. This is the first time we didn't have to. I brought mnms. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baha ha! Oh my goodness. Is it crazy that the crying pictures are actually some of my favorites. I have had both. The child who has adored Santa since birth and the one who SCREAMS every time you put her near the guy. I almost like the crying pics more. Maybe I am weird. You did get some great before and after pictures at least. Hopefully next year goes better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her outfit is so sweet! Great idea with having books to wait in line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lame photo? They crying ones are my faaaaaaave! But maybe I feel that way because Mia screamed each time she met Santa last year, ha ha! I'm hoping for a better outcome this year, but I'm not counting on it :)
    That is the cutest decor ever! Love how the decorated Santa's area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek, I lI've seeing Santa photos! Aria looked adorable even though she was not a fan of Santa! We are doing our Sant photos on Thursday and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww poor her! She looks so excited up to that picture.. i think maybe once she understands who santa is she may feel a little less scared

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are back! That Santa pic is great! I am not sure what Hallie will do! Lol! His face makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the crying pictures too! We had one crying picture when she was 1, and then the last 2 years have been tear free!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, poor Aria! "Don't give me away, mom!"

    Does Magic Kingdom have a Santa? That's where we took Ez last year and he did really well. Santa even requested a picture just with Ez, and Ez still didn't cry. We tried to get a picture of Ez and one of Santa's elves though, and that was when the tears started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! I must be a horrible person, because I LOVE bad Santa photos. Seriously, the more tears, the better. I'm hoping for a real fit from both Mac and Mim this year. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Aria's dress and she looks precious!! We are taking Harper this weekend to see Santa and I'm afraid it will go the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her dress is so cute! At least she was happy after the Santa visit. I so wish we lived closer so our girls could play together! Reese would have so much fun with Aria :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Connor didn't cry but he wouldn't get anywhere close to Santa's lap. I love crying Santa photos though... I think they are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw your daughter is soo cute! Even though she cried, it's still a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh well, she's super cute anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. HA!!!!! I hate to admit this, but I freaking LOVE Santa fail photos. They're better than the big cheesy grin ones.
    Last year Marcus HATED his Santa experience. This year we talked up the jolly old fat man a solid week before going to visit. And, I was so surprised at how well Marcus took to Santa! We're meeting up with Santa a few more times before Christmas, so we'll see if the rest of our visits go as well as the first.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How adorable!! The picture with Santa is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my such a fun day together. Santa pic fails are my favorite. I was told at Thanksgiving that when I was about 4 I decided Santa wasn't real. I was taken to see "Santa" and I started yellin' I believe. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aria is so beautiful and I love her dress! We haven't visited Santa yet but we did pass him in the mall and Chickie starred at him from far away. When I asked her if she wanted to see him she yelled, "No mommy! He's a pizza face!!" So I think we have an idea of how it's going to go this year... haha. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Her santa pic is my fav!! She's so happy and excited and then BOOM. She has to sit with the big guy. It's seriously perfection. I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh! I love Aria's dress and Santa's face in that photo is priceless! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hunk everyone ends up with the screaming Santa photo! We did last year when Grey was like 9.5months and I have this crazy feeling we will again this year since we tried a few weeks ago & he tried to run away! Maybe lots of Santa books will help? Ha she's super cure in her little dress either way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. She's so stinking cute! And really, I would have done the same thing had I had to sit on that Santa's lap. He does not look jolly! Just creepy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Her dress!!! LOVE! You will love that picture years down the road and she will get a kick out of it too. So cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I might be the minority but I love a good crying with Santa picture… they are the cutest and great to show the kids when they grow up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my she did not like santa:( It's still a great picture though:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I remember sleeping Aria!! Her dress this year is so cute and so many cute photos in line.... and then the tears! I haven't posted our Santa photo yet but while no tears it was not a success either. although we weren't planning to see Santa he was just at Frizen and that was way more important. Next year for Sanata it is! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.