Thursday, December 11, 2014

Holiday Home Tour - Christmas link up

Today is the day to show off your home for the holidays. Beth, Jenny, and I would just be pleased as punch if you would give us a peek at how you've decorated your home this Christmas season. Big, small, simple, elaborate, homemade, handed down, worth an arm and a leg, etc we'd love to see it all. 

So please grab a button, show off your decor, and link up below. The link up will be open until December 17th so you can join in anytime between now and then!
Sweet Turtle Soup

Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
Because Aria's Birthday is at the start of December I've taken a liking to decorating the house according to the particular Birthday theme of that year. This year Aria had a stars and moon party so I added stars everywhere - note the star garland on the tree. Last year Aria had a general rustic winter/plaid/moose party so I had a lot of red plaid everywhere. That way it is two birds one stone decorating, and I like trying to think of simple ways to add new elements.

Let's start with the tree...since we already kind of did.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
 We've never had white lights on the tree before. But, after our multi lights gave up the ghost when I got them out this year I thought it would be fun to try white lights especially with the star theme.

I kind of miss my multi lights.

And, if you are curious how I did the star garland I am going to let you know in tomorrow's post - 2nd Birthday Party details.

These are a few of my most favourite ornaments.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
 When Aria arrived almost 6 weeks early we were not at all prepared for celebrating or documenting her first official Christmas. So, it was excellent thinking when Aria's godmother brought her over a baby's 1st Christmas ornament! It is always one of the first ornaments to get a spot on a branch.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
This is Aria's ornament from last year. We made cinnamon dough hand prints. Her hand is so much bigger this year...sniff.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
And, this is Aria putting on her newly made reindeer ornament yesterday.

Here is the living room window.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
These stars were picked up at the dollar tree.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
The window sill is the only place I thought I could get away with putting figurines and nicknacks at Aria level. I picked out a few of my favourite ones that have been collected over the years - including a snowy bird house I painted when I was little (you can't see it in the picture). Aria hasn't bothered them much at all either.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
 I can't say the same for the musical do-dads. The Santa Workshop music box was worn out before December even hit, I think the tape crinkled but my solution of yanking on the paper scroll did nothing so I'm just ignoring it now. Aria goes over and turns it on every few days just to see if it is working again. The Snowman one is newer and so far still works.

Here is the rest of the living room.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
 I had a ton of red plaid ribbon leftover from last Christmas so it made its way over to this Christmas. Somebody mentioned hanging their Christmas cards from ribbons in their home's entry way on facebook, and I liked the idea so much that I added the ribbon to our entertainment center to clip our cards onto.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
The stockings get hung on our mirror since we don't have a fireplace. Go ahead and just ignore the Christmas shopping boxes and the Aria just had a birthday toy explosion you see reflected.

Here is the dining room.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
This is the reindeer foot print canvas Aria made last year. I think it might be my most favourite of all the holiday foot and hand print canvases we've made.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
More stars hung from the chandelier, and the red plaid bows from last year. You can see the snowflakes and spray snow on the back doors too. When you live in Florida you have to make your own winter wonderland.

And, lastly here is the outside of the house.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
This is all Chris. He loves putting lights up on the house, and he has had it up and lit every night since the start of November. We aren't really into the waiting around here. Plus, the thought of kids driving by in the evening, catching sight of it and exclaiming look at those lights, whoa makes my heart grow a few sizes.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Holiday Home Tour - Christmas
These guys are new this year. Our cousins were getting rid of them so we snapped them up. J tends to fall over when it gets windy, but they are cute as a button.

And, there you have it! Our home for the holidays.

Now go ahead and just add your link below. Don't forget if you've already posted your holiday home tour this year you can still add it here too. We don't mind, the more the merrier!

28 comments:

  1. Oh. I'll be joining as soon as I hop on a real computer and add your button. Decorating for the holidays is my favorite. And sharing like this is great because you get other ideas of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a silver and glitter person, but I'm loving the red plaid!! So pretty! I didn't even hang stockings this year, well, not yet. We don't spend Christmas here so it would just be for decor purposes. I'm a white lights person and Sean prefers color, so far I've won every year. ;) Love that you've added snowflakes to the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE so much. The stars are so much fun and so festive and the outside looks fantastic. The penguins are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of the stars! They add just a little something something to everything! And those penguins. I die! I love everything about all your decor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, how CUTE! I did the same thing with our tree... Mia's party is going to be a "Frozen" theme... but not the characters. More like a "Frozen Winter Wonderland" theme so we have snowflakes on our tree!
    Looooove your decor! The nativity under the tree is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love that you incorporate her birthday theme into your christmas decor! Such a good idea! And your outdoor lights are awesome! Your husband did a good job! Can't wait to decorate outside next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, I am impressed with all the lights on the house! Way to go Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how festive you make your home for each holiday! Love it! Aria is going to grow up with such a love for the holidays!! Your nativity is SO beautiful! I have an obsession with nativities, really! Funny, we’ve never used colored lights on our tree. Totally opposite of you guys. Haha! Love the picture of Aria hanging her reindeer ornament. And the lights on the house are pretty impressive!!! Great job to the hubbs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the outside looks amazing! And I love all the star touches. Can't wait for the garland tutorial, looks like a good, non-breakable addition to our tree ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your decorations, especially the lights outside! Hoping to take pictures this weekend so I can link up next week :) Your house looks so very merry and festive! I love the pictures of all of you decorating the tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So festive! I love the star garland! That is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you decorate the tree in your pjs and Aria decorates with no pants on. That's exactly how I decorated too! (well let me clarify... I had pants on LOL, pj pants that is). I also LOVE that star garland that you used on the tree! So clever to coordinate with her birthday theme and it looks super cute!
    I also LOVE how you displayed your Christmas cards! So smart. And so cute! Your entertainment unit looks so cute all wrapped up like a present!
    What's the strand with the cards (?) hanging on clothes pins in the background of the mirror picture? I've been wanting to do something like that at our house but can't figure out how to get it to stay on the wall without falling off.
    Chris did a great job on the outside of the house!
    I'm linking up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your house! Is that paper cup Christmas tree an Advent Calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is the details on the Santa house? Looks so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the stars and white lights on your tree! How fun to tie her bday theme to Christmas decor! I LOVE LOVE the outside of your house - so festive and those penguins are so cute! I don't remember that reindeer canvas last year but it's so cute! Your holiday decor is always so festive it makes me smile! Want to come up and decorate for me next year? Thanks again for the idea of this link up so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks amazing!! && I really love the outside lights!! That must take a lot of time!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks awesome! I especially like how your Christmas cards are hung. Very cute & simple, I dig it! :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You and I are soul sisters on that dollar store. You can find so many amazing things for the holidays in there. Between that and the Target $1 spot, it's on like donkey kong. Your home is so beautiful and festive, friend! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your lights on your house! I wish my husband was more into putting lights up, his excuse is that he is afraid of heights! My son also has the same snowman stocking :) Great job, its so Christmas-y!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH I love all the Christmas decorations. I did a Christmas a couple of weeks ago, but next week I have plans to finish up the rest of my Christmas decorations. Love that you decorate the tree according to A's birthday. We sort of do the same. We have a birthday tree, it's a 'small" tree that sits on our kitchen counter, and we decorate it with whatever he's really into. Although this year we let him pick instead of picking for him, and he picked Power Rangers. Love seeing everyone's decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and I love the lights outside! So festive! I wish my husband would put up more lights, maybe with time...

      Delete
  21. You go all out and I love it. I like how Aria's birthday theme worked for Christmas tree decor as well. Sneaky good move, Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute way to display cards! The reindeer canvas is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE it all!! And how freaking cool that you can tie in Aria's birthday party decor with your holiday decorations? Genius!
    I literally bawled my eyes out when I put Marcus' little hand print ornaments up this year. How did they grow so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE the star garland! Your tree and home are beautiful! I love that it's traditional.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your house is decorated so beautiful! oh my goodness and all the lights outside! Your house must be the prettiest on the block :)

    Renée

    mommyrenaaye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.