Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Desserts & Tacky Sweaters link up: Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies Recipe

Today is the day! The day for a Christmas Desserts & Tacky Sweaters link up party! For all the details check out this post. But, the gist is share a Christmas dessert recipe and link up below. Easy, yes?
Aria and I have been having a messy ball in the kitchen lately baking up a storm. We've made chocolate crinkle cookies, chocolate covered gummie bears, oreo peppermint bark, lofthouse style cookies, and the recipe I'm sharing today - chocolate chip snowball cookies. These are a snap to make. The ingredient list is tiny and they bake up in no time without needing to chill.
Taste: They are flaky, soft, and covered in powdered sugar. It was my first time making them, and they may be my favourite of the bunch.
Amount: Around 40 cookies depending on ball size. I went with a rounded tablespoon ball size.
Time: Your butter will take longer to come to room temperature than it will take you to whip these up. They were the easiest and quickest of any of the desserts I've made recently.
Source: Crazy for Crust.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • additional powdered sugar for rolling
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prep two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until fluffy. Mix flour and salt together in a bowl, and then slowly add to the butter mixture until the dough comes together. Fold in the chocolate chips. If the dough is too sticky chill until it is easy to work with. I chilled all my cookie doughs because I made them ahead of time, but my dough was ready to work with without any chilling needed.

Scoop around 1 rounded tablespoon size balls of dough and place on your cookie sheet. They don't spread, so you can get a decent bunch on each cookie sheet.

Bake for 7-10 minutes until bottoms are slightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool until you can handle the balls. Fill a small bowl with powdered sugar and roll each cookie until coated. Place on a rack to cool.

Enjoy!
Sweet Turtle Soup
 So what kind of Christmas desserts have you been making this holiday season? Were there any tacky sweaters involved? Snag the button above, and link up!

13 comments:

  1. Your house sounds like a confectionary wonder. It's a good thing I'm up here and you're down there. Yikes. Do you give stuff away or keep it all for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl..you are ON IT! I love it! My Christmas baking has been limited but I want to make fudge today! And your tacky sweater?BOMB. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound really good! I may have to try those at some point. I like easy :) Love your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy baking? That's right to my alley!!! These sound delicious! Love your tacky sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't baked a single thing this holiday and I am A-OKAY with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Those sound delicious and I will definitely need to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! My mom always makes a similar cookie, but with pecans instead of chocolate chips. Can't wait to eat them when we go home tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look adorable, tacky sweater and all!
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're sweater is suppper cute !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love a quick and easy dessert!! Great for a random sweet tooth too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cookies sound so tasty! Love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) Your sweater for the win.
    2) I love how easy these sound.
    3) They look amazing. Adding them to the rotation for holiday goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that you are wearing your sweater in these pics! And I think you sent me some of these? I don't know what any of them were but they were all DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.