Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Desserts & Tacky Sweaters Link Up Party - Announcement!

I don't know about you but this link up just brings a smile to my face. When Jamie, Liz, and I got together to host something this Christmas our original idea was Christmas Cookies & Desserts, but we knew we could make it just a little bit more fun. So the Christmas Desserts & Tacky Sweaters Link Up was born! Honestly, it has been making me laugh ever since we landed on it. Just look at those fabulous sweaters above, if that doesn't put you in the Christmas spirit I don't know what will.

So, the details...
Get in the kitchen and whip up one of your favourite Christmas desserts, or find something that looks fabulous and new to try, or even go the semi homemade route and decorate some store bought sugar cookies. Take lots of pictures to share and if you are up for it snap one of you in a delightfully tacky Christmas sweater showing off your dessert as well. Write up a recipe post so we can all try it for ourselves, and then come link it up with either Jamie, Elizabeth, or myself on December 23rd & 24th. The link up will open at 5am est and close just in time for Santa to make his rounds at 11:59pm est on Christmas Eve. Don't forget to leave a little of your Christmas dessert out for Santa to try too.

Not sure if you feel like finding a tacky sweater? All three of us doctored up sweaters we either already owned or nabbed at Goodwill for a few bucks. It doesn't have to be anything complicated, the point is to have a little random Christmas fun with it. But, nothing to worry about if you'd rather not you can absolutely link up just a Christmas dessert recipe - no silly sweaters required!

Not sure what dessert to make this year? Try one of these: incredibly easy oreo cookie truffles, one of my absolutely fave cookies - chocolate crinkles, I don't even like gingerbread but these are delicious - white chocolate topped soft gingerbread cookies, my favourite sugar cookie - lofthouse sugar cookies, or a yearly tradition in our home - red velvet cheesecake cake.

We hope to see all of your Christmas treats next week!

Sweet Turtle Soup

18 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! This looks super fun! I will be on my extended blog break then but I might have to pop in and check out all the fun. maybe just mabye I'll share a recipe too. ps I can still totally do the linky code for you before my blog break don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! And I'm loving y'all's sweaters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I will definitely check back to see what y'all are up to! I have a sweater.... let's see if I can break it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha! What a cute idea. Sadly I don't have a tacky sweater, oh darn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! This is so fun! I don't have any ugly Christmas sweaters, but I think I can manage a dessert to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! So fun! So excited to co-host with you and to see all the recipes that are shared :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, Love all your sweaters! Can't wait to see all the yummy desserts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what everyone wears for their sweaters. I wonder if I could through something together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! How fun! I just borrowed a sweater from my mother-in-law for an Ugly Christmas Sweater party we are going to on Friday! I guess I need to whip up a recipe in that fancy (ha) sweater, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. of course!!! I wouldn't expect anything less festive from ya'll!! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all three sweaters! You guys did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word... Can't wait to see more of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE those sweaters ladies!!!! Sorry, but all I saw in this post was oreo cookie + truffles...haha! Just might have to make these for our Christmas potluck. Who doesn't love a good dessert?!?!
    Linh
    http://abeautifulrawr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christmas sweaters are so much fun! Just another reason I love this season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great link up!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. how fun! It just so happens that I will be baking my favorite xmas cake on monday..I'm so going to link up! :) can't wait

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.