Monday, November 10, 2014

Currently: November

Currently: November
What I'm thinking about, working on, and planning...
For starters, I'm been pondering why Aria decided to do a 180 and go from awesome sleep habits to less than thrilling ones. I'd take the biting over the middle of the night wake ups, long evenings trying to get her to sleep, skipped naps, and extra early mornings kicked off with crying. Praise the Lord Chris took charge over the sleep duties this weekend.

Aria's birthday party is at the end of this month. Holy crickets. The invites have been sent, the menu has been made, her present from mom and dad has been ordered. Now I just need to knock out some DIY crafting. I'm trying my best to keep it simple, and I'd love for her to have as much fun at this birthday as she did at her first!

Definitely nailing down some Christmas planning. Gifts, goodies, cards, and activities. So much to do, so little time, and never enough in the budget. 

Currently: November
What I'm reading...
I started reading Kristin Hannah's Winter Garden and then Aria stopped sleeping. Sadly things began piling up and I haven't picked it up in days. I was enjoying the whole two chapters I managed to read though. I also grabbed Night Road and Firefly Lane by her. I finally have a breather after a whirlwind October and what is better than a good book when it is cooler, but...life, man. Fingers crossed I can finish at least one before the library wants them back.


Currently: November
What I'm reading on the internet...
This seasons Day in the Life round up over on Navigating the Mothership - Fall 2014. It takes me ages to get through them all, but it is always interesting to see another coin.

The Countdown to Halloween posts all throughout October - Recaps 1-5. All those posts just make me happy.

eShakti reviews - Andiamo, Our Pretty Little Girls, Happily Ever Mock, and Cocktails & Carseats! I love seeing what everybody picks to try, and I know how fun it was for me to review so I feel the fun again when I see other bloggers get to work with the company.

Adventures in Tullyland's DIY Pumpkin Prize Punch Game - what a cute yet simple idea. I've been looking for excuses to make one asap - like perhaps a Christmas Advent calendar type excuse.

Lisa Loves John's 5 Ways to Dress Up Your Christmas Cards - since my writing is ghastly I loved getting some ideas for spiff without trying to write pretty.

Currently: November
What I'm watching...
I just finished watching all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls the other day. Again. Probably like 5 agains now.

Now that October is over it is time to bust out the Christmas movies. I've watched While You Were Sleeping, The Family Stone, The Holiday, Little Women, and Muppet's Christmas Carol so far. Movies with a little (or a lot) of the Christmas spirit are the best.

And, the holiday shows on QVC because those just put me in a festive mood.

Currently: November
What I'm loving...
That I finally picked out Aria's Christmas photo outfit. It is so cute I could die. I'm jonesing to put it on her.

That Chris put the lights on the house over the weekend. It is just so dang festive outside now. The tree is also up, but I'm still troubleshooting the strand of lights. Plus, since Aria's Birthday is close to Christmas I like to theme the tree to her party so I've got some crafting to get done for that too.

That Southern Comfort Egg Nog is now available at our Publix. I wait all year for that Egg Nog so I can make French Toast with it. Pretty much the only time of the year I make French Toast, and boy is it good. Worth the wait!

That the Macy's Parade is inching closer and closer, as is our Thanksgiving breakfast feast tradition. It really is a yummy time of the year.

Currently: November
What I'm eating...
I cooked, and I cooked, and I cooked some more and then I also baked, baked, and baked in October. So our meals have been super low key this month. Chris has grilled lots of chicken. I roasted some pork. We had baked potatoes the other night. Nothing overly thrilling. I also froze a lot of individual portions from all the cooking and baking in October, so that makes things even easier.

I do have cheddar beer soup on the to-make list, that egg nog french toast I just mentioned, and I've been begging Chris to make his out of this world crab dip. 

Currently: November
What I'm thankful for...
Those nights where Aria sleeps through. And, even more thankful for the other night where she slept all night, woke up at 7:45 (instead of 6:20), and didn't cry upon waking. That day was golden. Nobody wants to be around me when I'm tired, and Aria is even worse. So I was appreciating that rest the whole day.

34 comments:

  1. Aaaahhhh so much to love here. Thoughts of Christmas, the birthday invite, finally some sleep. Man I really need to get on the ball and start making more Christmas plans myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg..I just finished season one of Gilmore girls. I never watched it before and it is strangely addicting!

    Sorry about the sleep thing. I think it is a normal part of their development. Get it while you can and try to nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I swear it's the time change!! Mia's still sleeping fine at night but nap time is a disaster each day!! What makes it worse (besides weaning from the bink) is that she has a cold now as well. She needs the sleep more than ever but UGH! The time change ruins everything!
    Who did you use for her birthday invites? I have nooooooo idea where to go for that and I really need to get rollin' on Mia's!
    I love seeing everyone's eShakti reviews as well! I did mine monnnnnnnths ago and I'm still obsessed with my skirt! I just posted a photo on IG last night again in it, HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Holiday is a favorite movie here all year round!! I just love it! :o)
    Hope you start to get some better sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh mama!!! Sleep issues is definitely no fun for anyone!!!! Lily has been crrrranky and waking up at the crack of dawn. Must be time change but if doesn't make it any less annoying. I can't wait to see what all you come up with for the mini's bday!!! Last year was pretty fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There must be something in the air, everybody is watching Gilmore Girls. I'm thinking that I better get on the train & watch the series again. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Aria sleeps better for your. Those times when sleep goes to crap are just so hard. Love her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you guys are ahead of the game decor wise too! Or maybe not ahead of the game but right on time! I finished decorating inside last week. Still need to put the lights up outside. Do you light them or just have them on? I'll probably wait till he week of thanksgiving to turn them on. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had when they make you think they're good sleepers and then bam, waking up all the time. We do a Birthday Tree for Baby Fox. A tree just to celebrate his birthday. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Aria's birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the birthday invite! And yay for Gilmore Girls on Netflix! One of the best shows ever made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all the Christmas stuff in this post! I'll have to live vicariously through you for a bit, I doubt any Christmas decorations will make an appearance till after Thanksgiving round here. Excited to see Aria's Christmas outfit and see all your DIY projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see all the birthday goodness, the Christmas outfit, and all the decorations that I know will be amazing.
    Tell me more about this egg nog french toast, and maybe a recipe too? Please and thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. birthday planning! i am busy doing the same.. little H is turning one. And turning one is never low key.. so the evites have been sent, the menu sent, cake picked now just waiting on rsvp's.. ah the wait.

    good luck with the sleeping.. i have no advice.. with D it was as if a flipped switched the day after he turned two and all hell broke loose and while he currently sleeps well it is rarely in his own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that your tree is up! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do for her party too :) Sorry that her sleep is still out of whack. It's hard when you have to get up multiple times a night. Hopefully it will get better sooner rather than later. I was actually thinking of rewatching Gilmore Girls from the beginning as soon as I finished the last season. Such a great, great show! I hope I can have a relationship with Reese like Lorelei did with Rory :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol, i have already been pinning away for Hallie's 1st birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry that sleep has been difficult for Aria lately. We've always struggled with M's sleep so I can really empathize. I hope it turns around soon for you! And your noms sound delish! I also have a recipe for beer cheese soup that I've been dying to make but the temps here have been in the 80's so I've been trying to hold out for a cold weekend. Yay for Birthday party planning! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry that sleep has been so challenging lately. Hopefully, she will be through this phase soon!

    I love birthday party planning! Do you have a theme?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you still going with the Harry Potter theme for her party?!! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Hate that Aria's sleep patterns are so messed up, hoping you catch a break soon! Love that you're already decorating for Christmas! Sean refuses to decorate too early, and I can't get the stuff out of the attic by myslelf...or else I would! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What is "Navigating the Mothership"? Sounds interesting... not that I need more to read (because I am AWFUL about getting to what I want to read in a timely fashion already) but it sounds like something I would like!
    Also, can't wait to hear more about Aria's party! You are so festive, I can only imagine what it will be like! Do you have a theme yet? Did you tell me? Oh man, did I forget?! So sorry!
    LOVE that you have decorated for Christmas! For fear of the stink eye, I have yet asked Seth to get our stuff, but I'm so excited, I just might have to!

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you ever have an overage of food feel free to mail me some! I haven't baked in forever since we've been so busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm absolutely loving all of the holiday in this post - it's making me quite excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love Kristin Hannah books! Haven't read Winter Garden... I need to read more than just blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. sleep sleep is a beautiful thing! I hope she's getting more back on track! I love that you've already started to decorate for Christmas! I hope we can this weekend (my dad is gone deer hunting and I'm thinking we can do it all while the grinch is gone).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this post. I hope you all get some decent sleep soon. Sleep regression is no joking matter. I'm also a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan. I really wanted to name Mim Lorelai, but my husband was adamantly opposed. And I love Christmas movies! I can't wait to put up our tree and start decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww! Hoping Aria’s sleeping schedule gets back in gear asap. That can be exhausting for all of you! Can’t wait to see Aria’s Christmas photo outfit. I have to live vicariously through you all with girls for the cute girlie outfits. It’s all boy over here. Ha! And Southern Comfort Egg Nog French Toast? Yum, that sounds amazing. The Macy’s parade has been a tradition of ours too. I used to get so excited when I would see my cousin on there (Selena Gomez).

    ReplyDelete
  26. I feel you on the sleeping schedule! We still have issues and my youngest is almost 12. LOL. What a great wrap up post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. GIRL. I am relating to you SO HARD today. Savanna used to go to bed as soon as I laid her down at night at 7:30 on the dot. Now? She fights sleep FOR HOURS and is waking up in the middle of the night. Maybe it's a growth spurt thing or something. I don't know. But considering she hardly naps I really look forward to that semi early bedtime!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love her invites! And Aria is seriously adorable! I love me some Christmas movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've been watching Christmas Hallmark movies like its been going out of style!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a doll! My husband and I were just talking about the sleep thing as well with my youngest daughter. She used to be a sleeping champ and now it makes me want to cry just thinking about the 5:45 wake up call she gives me lol Luckily, she goes back into her room and plays for a few hours then tries again LOL

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your daughter is SO CUTE! I just started Gilmore Girls on Netflix! Woohoo! And I LOVE eggnog! I just bought my first carton of eggnog ice cream last night! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this idea of a "right now" post. And you know, I don't think I've ever seen the full Gilmore Girls series. I think I need to start rewatching it. What is your favorite episode?

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have a busy holiday season ahead of you with a birthday to prep for!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've never seen gilmore girls but I hear I should watch it!! I hear its amazing! Have a great holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.