Monday, October 6, 2014

Halloween Home Tour

Beth from Our Pretty Little Girls nominated me to do a home tour. But, since we don't own our home and it isn't filled with our things I thought I would do a holiday home tour instead! I'm all about the holiday decorating, and for Halloween I love a little autumn and a little spooky. So, here is our home for the holidays!
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
 The entertainment center complete with a photo-bombing beagle.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
A wee bit closer.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
 And a wee bit closer still. Aria's ghost feet from last year, my favourite part.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
 The front window. We haven't made it to the pumpkin patch yet, but I'd like to pick up some mini pumpkins to go between the pictures.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
 Across from the window - bats and banners.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
 My cloud of bats. It might be Aria's favourite bit.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
 Aria's growing stack of Halloween and Autumn books. It never stays in a stack for long though.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
 Ghost bells, ghost lights, and wreaths. The apple cinnamon bread almost looks staged, right? But, that is where all our goodies go so I figured it could stay. It was fresh out of the oven not too long before this picture was taken and we already polished off more than half a loaf - it was pretty good =)
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
 I pondered organizing/cleaning this up a bit, but then thought nah. It is the total catch all zone. But, look at those fancy witch hats!
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
Day Time.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
Sweet Turtle Soup: Halloween Home Tour
Night time.

The porch isn't completely done. The pumpkins are missing for one, but we also hang up a ghost when it gets closer to Halloween. I really enjoy the spider web, it looks way better than the bag of web fluff that I can never put up without it looking terrible. And, the big prints along the wall are something we use to put up when I was a kid. It just isn't Halloween until those go up.

 And, there she is in all her DIY glory!

Thanks for nominating me Beth, and thanks for having a look around.

Next week Jamie from Cocktails & Carseats is up. I love getting a peek at so many homes with this home tour hop!

22 comments:

  1. love your holiday decor!!! well I always do but loved seeing the full tour! The ghost footprints of Aria are so precious! I think your front porch at night is my favorite part! It looks festive and kinda spooky but not scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I absolutely love it. Very, very fun. I need to get some fun outside lights like you have and I LOVE all of the bats :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the little ghost feet! Hallie and I started some over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya on the renting part, can't wait to own a home and truly paint/decorate how I want!
    Your Halloween decor is sooooo FUN! Cutest decorations ever! I have to ask, did you make the bats?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so awesome at lit up at night!!!! Loving he bat decorations!! I noticed the Frankenstein Eats (makes?) a Sandwich book on your coffee table. Would you believe Frankenstein and Mummies are apparently Lily's favorite spooky Halloween characters? ha! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those ghost footprints - did you do that on a tile? I think the bat cloud may be my favorite - looks great! I love all the lights and everything you have up; I need to get some more decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is decked out! Makes mine look super pathetic! But you've inspired me to actually do the DIYs I've been wanting to do! I love your wreaths & banners! So festive & yet simple at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! So festive. And her little feet prints as ghosts….darling!!!! Also, I love all of the bats. Great idea. Did you hand cut each of those? That bread sounds delicious! Do you have a recipe for it? Mason was looking at this post with me and he said your house is SOOOOOO cool! I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house is so festive!!! I don't want to get ahead of myself but I already can't wait to see how you decorate for Thanksgiving and Christmas now! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Love all the décor! I should stop cleaning a bit and get to decorating! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super festive! I can't decide what I like more! You did a great job, i'm sure the little one loves it. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your that house i always strive to be like, but always fail. for reals. i'm obsessed. and those ghost feet and hands down the cutest things EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at all of your fun Halloween decor. I love the candy corn bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love all of the holiday decor! I was proud that I got our mantle decorated! Everything looks great. How did you make your bats look 3D? Did you just attach it by one wing? Looks fantastic however you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't realize all your stuff wasn't your stuff! I don't know if I would like that for a long term thing. I am oddly attached to my stuff. Ha. Love all the decor! You know how I feel about the ghost feet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your decorations ROCK! Our extent of decor for this season include three floral arrangements, a wreath, and pumpkins when we get around to going to the pumpkin patch. You're hired. Come pretty up my place!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Especially the nighttime shots. Ez is obsessed with pumpkins right now, so the few mini pumpkins we've bought wind up in his toy box (with teeth marks on them). Other than that we have no fall/halloween decor at all. Will you come decorate our place? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it all! My goodness, you guys are so ready for Halloween. I don't even half of our house decorated yet! You are so on top of it. Wanna come over and help me decorate my house? hahaha I seriously feel like I barely have time to do all that but let's see what I can conjure up before Halloween! I really like the bats on the walll and Aria's ghost feet. I am thinking of doing the same thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing, I love seeing sneak peaks into other people's houses!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love glimpses into other people's houses and at their decor. Awesome job making your house to festive. I am super excited for tomorrow's countdown to Halloween link-up. I have my post all ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok, your home is festively amazing!!! And I'm glad I'm not the only one with a catch all zone :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.