Thursday, October 9, 2014

Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival

Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
I'm so glad we got to check out the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot this year. It was our first time sampling any of the food. And, boy was that food good. It was also miserably hot and ridiculously crowded around the countries. It made me a little stabby sometimes. Pretty sure some lady cussed me and my stroller out, so I guess I wasn't the only one. More drinking is the solution, in case you weren't sure.

We had a little business to attend to in the morning at Disney's The Boardwalk - I took some photos for my review of eShakti. Fancy dress, fancy locale. I got changed in the bathroom to keep it classy, and forgot my brush in the car keeping my hair a mess.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Chris had the camera and Aria while I was putting on heels trying not to fall in a toilet.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
And he thinks I'm the camera happy one? Or, perhaps he couldn't resist his tiny model? She is pretty cute.

We came, we were curiously stared at, we photographed!
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
And, then (after kicking those heels to the curb) we walked to Epcot via the back entrance and made our way to Mexico for the eating portion of the trip.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
But, before Mexico was Hawaii and a 'glass' of Sweet Pineapple Wine. It was light, and sweet, and pineapple-y. I liked it. Aria was a little annoyed that I wouldn't share though.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Waiting for dad to come back from New Zealand.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
New Zealand's venison sausage, which was yummy and Aria's favourite.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
New Zealand's lamb meatball, which was yummier in my opinion although the bread bowl thing was odd.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Australia's lamb chop, which I had no interest in trying but was Chris' favourite hands down.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
And then we made it to Mexico for our cruise! I think Aria likes this one more than Small World. She always seems more animated and into it. Maybe she just likes Donald, or isn't a fan of the Small World song like Chris.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
This bird, he was talking to us. I never noticed him before.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Farm Fresh's griddled 'yard bird', which I left all to Chris because I don't like spicy (it had a habanero sauce). He liked it though! He said it was so good it didn't even taste like chicken.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Farm Fresh's pepper bacon hash. It was almost a little too spicy for me but the hollandaise was delish. I like my potatoes softer and crispier though, so middling in my book.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Dad needed a hug while eating his fare. Aria wasn't a fan of either. She must like her potatoes soft and crispy too.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Hanging out with our troll friend after our last ride on Maelstrom. You are not the first to pass this way, but the last time for us. I was very bummed to hear they were closing it to make way for a Frozen ride. boo. It also started pouring while we were inside and naturally we forgot to put Aria's stroller top up for at least a little protection. Wet buns.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
China's Mongolian Beef was my favourite of the sampling! It was so fun and yummy. I want more now. Neither Chris nor Aria wanted to try it. More for me.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
China's chicken potstickers, which I thought were good but the same as all the other potstickers I've ever tried. I think Aria gave this one a lick.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
China's Mango Green Tea! I love popping bubbles, but the ones that actually popped like gushers freaked Aria out. Every time she would get one of those she would spit it on me. She thought the other ones were okay though. Perfectly refreshing on a hot day.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
She so generously let mom have a sip.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
'Hello from China! Wish you were here!'
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
We wandered around the trains a bit in Germany and had a lovely conversation with a little boy. I was blown away at how much he was 'talking'. Aria was never much of a babble talker especially to strangers.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Next up Poland with the kielbasa and potato pierogi. Another Aria favourite - Chris had one bite, I had two bites, and Aria ate the rest. It was delicious, but how could you go wrong with kielbasa, potato, onions, and sour cream? Yeah, that actually sounds good for dinner. Who wants to make it for me? Or, stop by Epcot and pick up like 12?
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Poland's frozen apple pie. Other than the fact that I could taste the vodka (and I am not much of a vodka fan) it was really good. Tasted just like cinnamon and apples. Aria was again mad that I wouldn't share. Sorry kid, I know all the fun drinks are adult only. Also, sorry I didn't feel like standing up to take this picture so you get people butts instead of buildings.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
After Poland was Italy! I never knew they were such close neighbors. Just look at all those happy faces...you'd think it was sunny or something.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli. And no I'm not quoting the Godfather, but You've Got Mail instead because I've seen that many more times. Italy's chocolate covered cannoli was just as yummy as it's non-focused properly picture suggests. Aria had no problem helping me eat this one.

Aria was heading down the path to exhausted so we 'tucked' her into her stroller and let her pass out.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Unlucky for her she missed out on L'Artisan des Glaces in France, not part of the Food & Wine Fest but a must do nevertheless. I heard they had a pumpkin spice ice cream macaron sandwich, and I couldn't pass that up. A little bite of heaven.

Aria's mini fan also got new batteries so her nap took a slightly cooler turn at this point. I wish I had one for my shoulder.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
The baby is sleeping, let's take an 'us-ie'! I was so full at this point that I couldn't stuff anything else in there so we had to pass up a few yummy looking eats - Japan and Brazil were looking really good. We'll just have to try those next year! Or, hey it doesn't end until November 10th - let's go back Chris!
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
I really love the maple leaves along the fence in Canada, and I don't recall ever actually noticing them before. Somebody is still sleeping! We made our way out of the countries and over to Figment where we rested our feet until Aria woke up.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
This was her first go on the Figment ride and she loved seeing Figment, she got excited whenever she noticed him somewhere. I remember liking Figment as a kid, not the ride per say because I don't remember that but I did have a Figment bath toy that was a fave. Like mother, like daughter?
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
The interactive area after Figment was a little old for Aria but she still touched and hopped and danced and twirled and played with all the things.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
I think she had a good time!
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Next up was Living with the Land, which is totally one of my favourite rides at Epcot.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
This is us making our fish faces. We are pretty good, no? And, Aria wanted to hold everything - the plants, the fish, the gators. Those are her 'let me hold it' arms.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
And, then we did Nemo, which was Aria's first Disney ride ever! Memories.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
I think her favourite bit are the fish tanks afterwards though. She was hitting her insanity it's been a long day and I'm pooped phase and was sprinting all over the place, making mad dashes to the stairs, and trying to do acrobatics on the railings. It just isn't a Disney trip without hitting that insanity phase. So, we moved on back towards the countries.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Canada's cheddar cheese soup, which I have heard is amazing and a fan fave every year. I thought it was terrible. It was weirdly spicy and I literally couldn't even eat it.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Canada's 'Le Cellier' beef filet mignon, which I told Chris was also a fan favourite and he should try it. He thought it was good, but nothing to write home about. I didn't try it myself, not my thing.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Canada's seared rainbow trout however totally wowed him. I'd bet it was his second favourite under that lamb chop from Australia. I, again, did not try it - I don't enjoy fish.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
A hop skip and a jump to Ireland! This was the warm chocolate pudding, which was good but I thought it was kind of mild tasting. I like my chocolate to pack a punch but it was just kind of all background flavor, even the sauce. Aria liked it though. I think she ate just as many treats as real food on this trip.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
Ireland's Bunratty Meade Honey Wine was my favourite drink. It was so so good. I even looked it up to see if I could find it locally somewhere and I am going to try to get a bottle for this weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving dontcha know).

Since Aria was asleep through the last countries and we were on a mission to get a mommy & me picture in each country, we went back through a couple to get awake pictures.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
When we got to the United Kingdom there was a concert going on in the gardens.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
And, it was really good. I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure they were The British Revolution that plays there on the regular, but I had never seen or heard them before. It was the perfect end to the day, especially with that honey wine in hand. Aria danced the night away.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Disney Trip #7 - Epcot's Food & Wine Festival
We inched our way closer for a better view and watched the rest of the show before making our way back to our car at the Boardwalk - we hit the boat perfectly both on the way in and the way out, I guess that makes up for our bad luck with the monorail last trip. We might have been tempted to hit up a few more food stands but Aria was getting tired. Kids, always party poopers.

And the video! Can't forget Aria's favourite part.

Thanks for reliving our Disney trip with me!

9 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!!!!! That cannoli looks fantastic! PS her skinny jeans are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks so successful and yummy and tasty and filling and I want to go to there!!! I may have stomped my foot a little. You guys got so much done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you tried a bunch!! Everything looks reallllly good, and now I'm drooling a little. Love that picture of Aria hugging Figment - so cute! I still really like that dress you got... you mean you didn't want to wear heels around Epcot? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need DL to have this kind of thing. I would eat at every country! Give me all the cannolis, macrons, and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is so much fun and so crazy! I bet you were stuffed all day :). Disney has such good food to, especially for a theme park. That food tour is pretty awesome. I don't always like trying new crazy things but I think I could make an exception.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those skinny jeans and all that food!!!! My goodness, what a day! Looks like ya'll had a blast and LOVE that ya'll tried to get a mommy + me picture in every country!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely what we'll be planning our first trip around!! Sounds like so much fun!! Although, I'm such a picky eater, I probably won't even like anything, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much yummy food & drinks! "It just isn't a Disney trip without hitting that insanity phase" - agreed! After about 9 pm at Disneyland last night, all the kids were bouncing off the walls and all the parents started looking like zombies. Why do kids get more energy when they're tired??

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so fun! I love wine/beer festivals bc they always have such yummy food! I now want pot stickers - Callie loves them and there's no good chinese places near us right now... It looks like such a fun day! Oh as much as Callie never stops talking ever she's pretty quiet around new ppl so kids who talk to "strangers" amaze me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.