Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Grey Skies, Little Darling

Hi, I'm Courtney and I am 5'2. That makes it hard to find anything in the 'right' length.

Jeans are probably the worst, I'm constantly walking around with the ends under my heels.

Many moons ago I was trying to find dresses to wear on my honeymoon. I ordered a few dresses only to get them to my door and find that they fell to my calves. You know, that awkward length. I also got one that was so short when I sat my bum was touching the seat rather than my dress. Who was that one made for?

It is just too bad eShakti wasn't around. You pick a dress and then you get it customized to your body and height. There are also a whole slew of alterations available - neck line, sleeve length, pockets, etc. When eShakti contacted me about wearing one of their dresses I did a little happy dance. The whole process was fun. And, just check out how not awkward that length is! The hardest part was picking a dress, so many completely fantastic ones. That is what you call a good problem.
Sweet Turtle Soup: eShakti Florence Dress
As soon as I got this baby in the mail I knew I wanted to take her for a spin around Disney's Boardwalk. Fabulous dress, fabulous location. Naturally it ended up being a dreary and rainy day - grey skies. It was also around that time that I realized I am obsessed with lacy overlays. I have three dresses of a similar style now! When it works, it works.

What wasn't working was the humid fuzz ball my hair was quickly turning into. That and Aria had exactly zero interest in not being in every single picture. She was rocking her outfit though, so it all worked out anyway.
Sweet Turtle Soup: eShakti Florence Dress
I was a little apprehensive after I placed my order, since my online clothes shopping has such a low success rate. But when I tried on my dress it was perfect. Everything fit just like it was suppose to. Bonus points that it was so comfortable. A big sigh of relief.
Sweet Turtle Soup: eShakti Florence Dress
If you are tired of ordering things online that look amazing on the model and like a potato sack on you, I would recommend giving eShakti a try. I was pleased with everything from a to z, and will definitely be considering them again for my future online shopping needs.
Sweet Turtle Soup: eShakti Florence Dress
Sweet Turtle Soup: eShakti Florence Dress
Find out more about eShakti on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
You can also get 10% off with the code 'sweetturtles' from now until October 13th, 2014. As well as a $25 credit when you register.
Sweet Turtle Soup: eShakti Florence Dress
Happy shopping!

19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. Jeans. The short ones are too short and the regular ones are too long. And I don't like wearing heels... so i'm forever hemming jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I love hearing about a cool new website! Thanks for sharing! Ps..you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love. Man that is so fun. I tend to have the opposite problem 5'10" here so everything thing is INSANELY short :(. Maybe I will check this out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress! I've never heard of that site, so will have to check it out. ... Just took a peek, and those dresses are awesome! Some of them are going on my wishlist for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the dress I got from them. So customizable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beyond in love with that last picture! Did you wear your dress for Daper Day at Disney ;) it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome dress! And a perfect length!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Courtney! Super cute!! And looks like Aria did really well being in most pictures. Always a bonus when it's comfortable AND looks good

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOWZA momma!!! I love the dress and YES. I'm forever having the Internet buying woes so I think I'm definitely going to check out this store. Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just 5' 1" so I feel your pain lady! Love the look... you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE eShakti! My favorite part is that you can customize it to your body exactly! This one looks AMAZING on you! And of course the boardwalk is gorgeous. Gosh. Can I just move there already?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress looks so beautiful on you! How perfect to have it customized! At 5'3" I feel you on the jeans never fitting right. I will have to check that site out! Even more fun -- I think this might be your first sponsored post?! YAY for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it funny how everyone has a "thing." Tough to find jeans for you; too big of bust for me.

    You look gorgeous in that dress, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm 5'2 and have the same problem with dresses! (and jeans..and everything else) You look so good in that dress!!! and I just realized I've NEVER been to Disney's Boardwalk.. WHA?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous dress!!! It fits you like a glove! Great pick, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.