Wednesday, September 24, 2014

12 Must Try Fall Recipes - Ideas and Inspiration

I've been gearing up for my Countdown to Halloween with Aria this year. Gathering up ideas for crafts, narrowing down recipes I'd love to try this year - like these cupcakes, and penciling in all the Fall Fests and pumpkin parties I can fit on my calendar. So I thought I'd toss together the fall recipes that are tried, true, and terrific from years past into a post in case you are in need of any festive fall food inspiration. Next up books, activities, and DIY decor!

Sweet Turtle Soup: 12 Must Try Fall Recipes - Ideas and Inspiration
Last year I made it a goal to try a new soup each week in October, and I'm telling you ever single one was a winner. Soup is one of my favourite things to eat, especially with a hunk of bread in hand and a pair of sweatpants on. I have so many new soup recipes pinned to make this year it is hard to narrow it down. I hope they are as good as the ones from last year. But, these four should 100% be added to your cozy menus this fall and winter.

Sweet Turtle Soup: 12 Must Try Fall Recipes - Ideas and Inspiration
I think that baking is an essential part of the holiday months from October to December. And, it just wouldn't be right if these pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies didn't get made at least once each year. I adore soft chewy cookies, and the pumpkin spice flavor is spot on. Another essential part of the holiday months is sharing! Make it, bake it, taste it, and get it out of the house. I made a serious dent in those cookies last Autumn.

I love breakfast. It is definitely my favourite meal of the day. Omlettes, home fries, quiche, bacon, smoothies, pancakes, muffins, and cinnamon rolls. I think it is a totally acceptable thing to Hobbit it up with a first and second breakfast. Yum. Fancy pancakes are my jam though - both these pancake recipes are on board for next month and I already have a stash of pumpkin cream cheese muffins in the freezer. And, cinnamon rolls are in my top 1% of fave things to eat so those are always a great idea. Make all of these, you won't regret it!

linking up with:
What You Wish Wednesday

21 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Excellent list of yummy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited! All those recipes sound yummy! We love a pot of soup at our house in the Fall! I have been meaning to cook up some chicken and dumplings and beer cheese soup! Mmmm! Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite parts about fall is the return of our weekly soup night. Mmmmmm! Can not wait.

    Plus I have been eyeing so many pumpkin cream cheese muffin recipes.... Yeah I need to make some of those asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pretty much just pinned this entire post!! I have been wanting to make a soup this fall, but was struggling with which one to choose The tomato basil parm soup sounds amazing!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG YES YES YES TO EVERYTHING!!! Those cookies look to die for and I've always loved pumpkin cheesecake. I haven't baked anything for fall yet..how sad is that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these sound delicious! I love soup in the fall/winter too, so I'll have to try some of those recipes. Anything cheesy is a winner in my book :) I think I need to have you come visit and help me bake/cook some of that yummy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally had me once we got into the baked goods! I want to try some different pumpkin cookies this year and I need to make pumpkin bread too -- chocolate pumpkin bread sounds even better! Yum! You always make the yummiest stuff. :) I have to keep it low key these year as all my good baking stuff is in storage and there's really no room to get it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great group of recipes! Thanks for doing the hard work, now I can just click and make :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Fall foods and smells and if you can combine the two, I'm in complete Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM-O! I adore soups. Scott? Not so much. He might just have to pony up this year and deal with it though. I mean, I'm the one who makes dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just going to have to pin this and try to ignore it while I'm trying to eat healthier right now.... except for the soups, maybe I can try some of the soups. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, Yum, and Yum! Can’t wait to try some of these!!! Thanks for sharing. Fall is my FAVORITE!!! And I love soups. I plan on making lots of them this Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, why, oh why, would you do this to me?!?! It is currently one million degrees outside and you have me wanting to make soup! Seriously, I LOOOOOOOOVE corn chowder. Mimi's has some amazing corn chowder. (side note : do they have they in FL? If so, GO and get the corn chowder! The BEST I have EVER had!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, girlfriend, these ALLLL look amazing!!! Mm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your idea of trying a new soup every week! I think I might just have to try to do that myself! Thanks for the ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the recipes! i will have to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am all about the desserts. More sweets is my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of these look fantastic! Marli is a HUGE fan of soups so I may need to try one of these for us. Plus, I love making a huge batch to eat for several days, especially with the cold weather :)
    Linh
    http://abeautifulrawr.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. They all look so good! Really the breakfast looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I was more of a baker cook so I can try them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.