Saturday, August 2, 2014

Twenty Months Old

August 2nd
Sweet Turtle Soup: 20th Month Day Stats
Sweet Turtle Soup: 20th Month Day Stats
Sweet Turtle Soup: 20th Month Day Stats
Weight: 26.5 lbs, according to the scale at home.

Height: I forgot to measure her.

Sleep: Down at 8 for the night, after half an hour to an hour of story time and then swaying with mom complete with out of tune Christmas carols. Up anywhere from 7:30 to 8:30. There have been a nice string of after 8s lately. I pushed Aria's nap back to 12:30-12:45 from 12. She was just hanging out in her crib kicking the wall or the bars for almost an hour every day. So now instead of having lunch and then whisking her off for a nap, we do lunch and then she 'helps' me clean up the dishes, the dishwasher most of the time, and then straighten up any messes that have been made that morning. She hasn't hung out kicking her crib since, and I don't have to waste nap time to clean. Win win.

Clothes: I just weeded out all the size 12 months that were still lurking in her clothes basket. No wonder they didn't fit so well. Still going strong with the 18 and 24 months stuff. Although, I'm ready for a few new things to spruce up her collection. She has way more clothes than I do, yet I always feel bored with her choices.

Diapers: Size 4 Pampers baby dry. I can't remember the last time I put a cloth diaper on her other than when we go play in the water. p.s. a fuzzibunz without an insert is the best swim diaper ever.

Loves: Sitting in the glider or running along the couch, dumping the food in the dog bowls in the morning, picking out her own clothes every day, putting on shoes - hers or anybody else's, stealing dad's keys and then insisting on playing in the car, going places, dancing with dad, making mom sing Christmas carol after Christmas carol before a sleep, dancing, getting her toes painted, watching home videos, milk, and bugging the dogs when they are sleeping.

Hates: listening in general, going to her room to get ready for a nap - after she finally gets to her room she is a peach though, on occasion dad taking her out of the car instead of mom, and other irrational tantrum inducing odds and ends. But, again she's really been happy happy this month. She has her moments but they are pretty seldom. Again, let's knock on wood.

Milestone Progress: She learned a few new signs - 'cow', 'lion', 'mom', and 'turkey'. She's been doing 'dad' forever but didn't feel like adding in the 'mom' sign until recently. She doesn't have 'turkey' down 100% yet but I introduced it just over a week ago. She does 'lion' backwards which always makes me smile - it is kind of like running your hand through your 'mane' from front to back, but she does back to front. Close enough!

No new animal sounds that I can think of, but I forgot to add 'sheep' last time. She loves singing 'ba ba black sheep'.

I've been working on identifying thumb, pinky, and wrist. And, having her point to all the right parts when we sing 'head, shoulders, knees, and toes'.

She can point out colours a third of the time, but only says 'blue' and some akin to 'red'.

Her words and almost words have sky rocketed, just like everybody said. She can say: ma, da, down, done, bug, ant, milk, more, boom, bye, bird, eat, and dip pretty well. She tries to say kitty, Minnie & Mickey, pop, hello, Lizzy (diz...which makes my heart melt every single time), Baxter (ba), keys, and spoon. I'm sure there are a few that I've missed too. There was that time she lost her balance and plopped on her butt and said something that sounded like 'shit', and Chris swears she says 'damn'. She does like to say 'da-ma' 'da-ma', which definitely sounds like damn though. I'm working on my 'fiddlesticks' and 'oh poos' instead of all the other expletives that come out.

Kind of a random but I want to add it anyway, she gets very excited when you use the toaster and starts cupping her ear and shouting 'pop' more like 'bop'. She cups her ear whenever she hears the various alarms that go off - the oven timer, the dryer beep, the toaster pop, the microwave beep, etc.

Teeth: 12 teeth, but she has another one or two coming in. She wouldn't let me take a good look, but they aren't popped out of her gums yet. So soon 12+.

Eats: She's decided to cut back on the plate cleaning she was doing. She is still good with trying things, but not interested in eating much of it. Even things she likes. Sometimes I haven't even sat down with my plate when she is pulling off her bib and saying 'done'. She waits until I'm done eating, and since Chris eats at lightning speed it is always me still eating. Sometimes she'll have a few more bites or nibble from one of our forks. At least she is still trying all the things though.
Sweet Turtle Soup: 20th Month Day Stats

12 comments:

  1. Such a sweet dress and a sweet little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the sweetest!! That smile just lights up the whole picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How?! How is she 20 months! I love her!! And I'm always bored by lex's clothes too-- and she has waaaay more than I do! And damn you- I wish I'd know about the fuzzibunz trick when we still used swim diapers! I have a million of me from my failed cloth diapering attempts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photos and her dress! She just has the sweetest little face ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress, those big blue eyes! She could not possibly be any cuter!
    I think I've said it about a million times, but I'm seriously so jealous what a good eater and sleeper you have.
    Can you please record Aria doing the lion? I can about imagine how adorable it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! She's so cute! I hope you guys are having a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cutie!! I love that she gets excited about the toaster - too fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No!!!! How is she only 4 months away from being TWO???
    She is so cute! And I love her dress! And I am so jealous of her sleeping habits. Oh, and I agree... Mason has way more clothes than me and I always put him in the same thing because I feel like I am bored by them. Good thing it's almost fall... shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, sweet girl!! Wyatt's new favorite thing is playing in the car, he loves it!! I just turn some music on and roll the windows down and he's in heaven! And it's so cute that she loves the toaster. Wyatt loves the microwave, he comes running when it's on, or if he hears the timer go off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is too adorable and I love her little green dress! She’s growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That green dress and her eyes? Perfect combo! Love all the signs she knows but excited she's adding words too! 18mo is the key age for sure! Maybe by Thanksgiving she'll be able to say Turkey or gobble gobble and not sign it? :) Has the 2nd bday party planning started yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is really cute- great choice for photos :) I need to do some update posts like these at some point, but I'm terrible at planning these out. That 'damn' thing is funny- sometimes we ask Reese to say 'fork', just because she doesn't have the 'r' sound yet. Hehe, we're bad :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.