Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Baby Book

Sweet Turtle Soup: The Baby Book
You know what, you guys are awesome. I got so many comments about the baby book that I was finally motivated to put those pictures in it. You know what I completely forgot to get a picture for? The front cover. You see that baby up above? So not Aria. Oops. Not only did I just about finish the baby book, but I also started working on a digital scrapbook. My vision is to have a 'yearbook' of sorts with monthly collages of only the highlights plus all the holidays - minimal journaling, maximum photos. I figured I'd need to limit myself or it would end up being 420 pages and worth the down payment on a house. So thank you for the encouragement!

Sweet Turtle Soup: The Baby Book
And, since you asked to see the final product. Here is Aria's baby book. I bought this one off of Amazon before I had a blog. I read a few blogs at the time, but I wasn't really thinking about starting my own. In hindsight I wish I would have kept up with everything digitally, because it is so much easier. But, on the other hand I stashed some of the life bits in here that you couldn't do digitally. For example, our hospital bands are stuck on the first page and I have a folder with all her ultrasound photos and another folder with every single card anybody has given her. But, on the third hand there is so much more I have recorded on the blog. Good thing I don't have to choose, she can have both things to look back on whenever she wants. Plus, a digital yearbook in theory. You really can't lose no matter what way you choose to record your child's life.

Here are a few of the pages.
Sweet Turtle Soup: The Baby Book
I stuck all the photos to the page in a way that you can lift them and see the rest of the book underneath. There just wasn't enough room for photos in my opinion!
Sweet Turtle Soup: The Baby Book
I've slowly been working my way to posting about my pregnancy, gender reveal party, and the baby shower.
Sweet Turtle Soup: The Baby Book
You can find her birth story here, which I still plan on printing out and popping in this page too.
Sweet Turtle Soup: The Baby Book
Sweet Turtle Soup: The Baby Book
You can find her first steps here.
Sweet Turtle Soup: The Baby Book
You can find all of her month-days here.
Sweet Turtle Soup: The Baby Book
One page spread would never be enough to adequately record the first holidays. We did so many lovely things especially as she got closer to a year, and all I could fit was a quick sentence about each and all the pictures I could stick in. You can find all our holidays here.
Sweet Turtle Soup: The Baby Book
I had so much fun celebrating Aria's first birthday, and I really cannot believe her second will be here in a few short months. Best time of the year! You can find her first birthday here. She also has this birthday keepsake book that I love, and would recommend as an addition to anything digital because you can stuff life bits in there.

A life well documented.

Thanks for taking a look!

Linking up with Ashley at Words About Waverly and Jess at Sadie Sky Boutique:
littlethingslogo
and
OurJoyHisGlory

19 comments:

  1. Impressive! Job well done mom. I wish that I had done that well with my littles. She is going to LOVE looking back on all of your hard work someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend! You are like a ninja with posts. We say "show me ----" and by golly that week, you show us!!! So impressive! Love the hard copy version. Lily doesn't have a baby book at all. :/ When you say you are only going to add in holidays and milestones..what about allllll those adorable pictures in between?!?! That is what has be stuck. I just can't decide!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that looks beautiful! what a lovely keepsake for her to look back at! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Aria will love it when she's older. I love to look back at my baby book. I have a book for Mason, but it's mostly blank. Ahh. I had this blog when I was pregnant, so everything is mostly on the blog. I need to go through it and fill in his book so that he has it when he's older. You've inspired me, friend. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a physical baby book for Connor, too and I'm so glad to see you thought to do one. So many people don't know a days and it makes me sad to think our childrens generation won't have a baby book to flip through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I keep buying baby books for my kids, but with each child we have, they have fewer and fewer updates in them, haha! Oh well…they have my blog to look back at and know more then they ever wanted about themselves as babies and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are quick with your posts! Now I'm motivated to do some more of mine. It'll take me a while though, that's for sure. How did you attach your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! That's one of my goals to get accomplished before Stella is born...we'll see. I have his digital scrapbook (on Shutterfly) done and I have photos in an album, but I'd like to finish his actual written book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and I commend you on pairing down the photos to just a few, I don't know how you did it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I am so bad at printing out pictures and such. I love how you say that you really "can't lose" no matter how you document your child's life. I totally agree! I tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to albums and scrapbooks and such but my children REALLY aren't going to care about that in the future. I love pouring through my mom's big albums full of photos of my childhood and I've never once thought that they weren't perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's adorable. And really so difficult to record a life into just a few pages. I have a book for each kid but it really doesn't have enough like you said. I made a DVD with photos and videos put to music for each year of their life. About 25 minutes long and I like it. Still a ton of work but I hope one day they will enjoy. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a book, and it sits pretty much empty. There are a few pages of recorded items, and a lock of hair from the first hair cut. Aside from that? Nothing. I need some motivation to get that book finished (or, rather, started). Your book looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet, and you rock! I have sucked at keeping our baby book together. Totally not even close to updated or finished

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! Are you doing Project Life online? I've been actual scrapbooking but it takes SO much time (and so much money!) that I'm thinking of switching over to online. I love the idea of Project Life which lets you just document life as it happens (instead of only like big events) which is more my style. I haven't really looked into it, but I was thinking I might!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this!! I have the best intentions to print my blog into books because I just don't document Mia's life any other way, but I have yet to do it! It's going to be expensiiiiiive! I wish I could get motivated to do something like this! I'm seriously considering doing the chat books so that I can at least have SOMETHING printed into a book (and I love that chatbooks prints the caption along with the photo)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Great work crafty lady! I have no idea what i'm going to do for Callie's next yearly book. I mean I know i'll do one just not sure what it'll look like without month updates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great! Aria will love looking through that. I think I left off around month 9 or 10 on Ezzy's book, but I just ordered a ton of new prints, so maybe I'll actually finish it before he turns two. Or three... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome baby book! Aria will definitely be so happy one day that you did this for her. I just had baby #3 and just got around to finishing #2's baby book, looks like it will be a while until #3's gets completed LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.