Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sweet Sunday

August 10th - 16th
All of our simple and sweet moments from the past week.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
The cat didn't escape to his closet quick enough after Aria's nap so Aria was quite excited to sit with him on the glider. He didn't even run away, he must be warming up to her.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
Dad is reading to her from the Winnie the Pooh book we picked up at the Magic Kingdom. She was running back and forth between the two of us for quick visits.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
So the fridge can make ice, but the water isn't filtered and as a result makes gross tasting ice. We use ice trays instead so I can fill them with our brita water. But, the ice maker got turned on accidentally and contaminated my beautiful filtered cubes. So I got Chris to pull out the holder and dump them in Aria's water table. She was entertained for at least half an hour, and also frozen solid by the end.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
Chris needed some playdoh for work - something about dragon etchings (I don't know either). Since he only needed a small amount he brought the rest home to Aria. She poked and squished it for a good bit and tried to eat it a few times, but she didn't seem to get into it overly. She did however mix up each of the 9 or so colours.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
Tea cozy or a hat? Toddler repurposing at its finest.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
I opened the back door so Aria could run around outside for a bit, and then I turned to the fridge to grab some water. When I popped back to the door, which is like three steps away, she was in the middle of the yard kicking over mushrooms that had sprouted up. I guess we won't have any fairies in the yard.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
 Tiny lady, big world.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
The whole gang hanging out on the floor watching Parent Trap while I made dinner last night. We got home a little later than we hoped from our rainy day Target run, so I tossed in Parent Trap hoping to keep the natives from getting restless. Turns out Aria is a wee terror when she is hungry. She got into all the things, and by all the things I mean all the things she isn't suppose to get into like stove burners. Although she had a few moments of inner angelic child.

Have a sweet Sunday!
 
Linking up with:
http://www.simpleasthatblog.com/

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea to put ice cubes in the water table! Especially on a hot day! Good to know about the play doh. I think I may wait a little longer to introduce it to Kennedy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Parent Trap. Hayley Mills or Lindsey Lohan? I looooathe mixed colors and play-doh. I was the worst kind of child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was gonna ask the same thing - Hayley Mills is my favorite!

      Delete
  3. I bet the ice felt amazing on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our cats are quickly learning to run and hide when Wyatt is around. He kind of goes through phases though, some days he doesn't pay them much attention and others he is their worst nightmare! I know what you mean...Wyatt get "hangry"!! His worst time of day is usually while I'm cooking dinner, and of course it's before daddy gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I thought you did the ice bucket challenge with Aria! Hahaha. Then I read the caption.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you guys have a big grassy backyard for Aria to run around. Our house has a concrete sideyard so it would be tough for those baby knees when Maylee falls down :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love these posts. She is such a precious gal
    Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love how her lovely blonde hair is so curly at the ends!! She is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The repurposing of that tea cozy is brilliant ;) Teehee! Aria is such a doll!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The kitty and Aria - adorable.
    When do these kids get into play-doh?! I LOVED that stuff when I was little and could play for hours with it. For Marcus, it's 2 seconds and he's over it.
    No fairies in your backyard? Bummer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.