Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sweet Sunday

August 3rd - 9th
All of our simple and sweet moments from the past week.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
She cracks me up when she searches through her books like this.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
Is that the face of boredom, or what? I think she was sliding off the couch, and lost motivation half way through the ordeal. Looking out the window is exhausting!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
We had ourselves a 'fall' breakfast - pumpkin muffins and a nectarine. Too bad there wasn't a brisk morning to accompany it.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
Practicing her bag racing.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
She slept in a bit later than usual during her nap, so dad got home just in time to go collect her sleepy cuddly self from the crib. Half awake baby cuddles are some of the best type! And, then obligatory story time.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
The skies were threatening doom and gloom, so we took the dogs out for a last chance potty break before the rain hit.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
Breakfast out!

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
I finally remembered to bring along our new placemats. Clean up was a snap, so far I'm liking them. Plus, Minnie! Somebody is a big fan of Minnie around here.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
I got Aria to take a selfie with me! She is very uncooperative when it comes to the selfies. So, this one was a total win.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
Step one - help dad shuck the corn.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
 Step two - take a big bite as a reward for all my effort.

Sweet Turtle Soup: Sweet Sunday
'Riding along in my automobile...'

Have a sweet Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. Letty had that bag racing outfit. How I miss it! And her sweet toddlerdom!! Shucking corn is the kids favorite thing! Messy and helping? Winner winner. Thumbs up to your fall breakfast too. Is it too soon? Never. Ever ever. Already plotting out Christmas decor I need. I have an illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting too cute & sassy! Love it! Lily does stuff like that first picture and I'm all "hello?! Are you 2 or 16?!?" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get those placemats? We love using those when we go to chick fila. I had no idea you could buy them! A fall breakfast sounds fabulous. I am so ready for fall! Love the pictures of Aria cruising in her car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how she gets her books by laying on the table and looking through them! And that second picture. "Mom, I'm so bored. So bored in fact I can't even finish sliding off the couch because I'm so bored". Oh my gosh. Kids!
    Are you at Mimi's Cafe? I'm such an old lady and LOVE that place. Mainly LOOOOOOOVE the corn chowder. Oh my gosh. It's like 85 outside right now and I could totally go for some soup! YUM.
    SUCH a CUTE selfie!!!! (Mason won't take them with me hardly ever either so I totally cherish them when he smiles!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a little bookworm! Love that she is so into books.
    That "Fall breakfast" looks perfect. I'd love me some of that, along with the actual season of Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toddlers are the best! I love the one looking for her books, and the sleepy one :) We have some of those placemats too and I keep forgetting about them! Definitely will need to bring them on vacation though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some corn on the cob sounds so good right now! That may be one of the first things we grill when we have a porch again ;) Hate to tell you this, ma, but she's looking so grown up! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her boredom face had me laughing! Gosh even though she looks so bored I still think she's so cute with that ponytail! Those pumpkin muffins and nectarine are making me hungry! Pumpkin stuff yummm. Hey, Fall is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your yard is seriously amazing!! I wish we could come play, ha!
    Aria is the cutest! These are my favorite posts!
    And that selfie! You both are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.