Friday, August 1, 2014

Summer Bucket List #7 - beachnic

We left this one down to the wire and finally got our butts in gear just yesterday. Elizabeth gave me the idea to go to the grocery for our eats, and for some reason that hadn't crossed my mind before. It was easy and delicious, and since we ate it on the beach also sandy. I loaded Chris up and we made our way to the sand for our beachnic at dinnertime. So I get to cross off picnic and dinner outside, right? Doing it.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Aria was like oooooh waves...
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
But, then I told her we had to sit and eat first.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Chicken, and wedges, and fruit, and tea, and a pouch that Aria got all over but wasn't a big fan of.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
A mouthful of fruit and a wave to the birds.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
To that one that stood in that same spot at least half the time we were there.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
I was there too!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
After the eating, we did the beaching. I'm surprised at how long she did the eating before she insisted on doing the beaching. Didn't predict that one!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
Sweet Turtle Soup - Summer Bucket List
I think she had a good time. Being knocked over by waves, and rubbing sand all over herself, and trying to eat periwinkles, and chasing birds. She ran around non stop, and was passed out as soon as she found her comfy spot that night. We all had a good time.
Summer Bucket List
Last link up! Time to share one more time how your summer bucket list is going. For details check out this post. I hope you enjoyed crossing off things as much I did. Best part of making a list is getting to cross parts off. Please link up your summer fun below.

14 comments:

  1. Wow that beach is empty! And gorgeous. Ahhh perk of Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I'm glad she sat and ate for a while. It's always hard to get kids to do that when they see the possibility of adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeeeee the beach picnic! I think the whole family had a blast!! I love the pictures of her in the water!! Those big smiles are the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!!! And what a fabulous word "beachnic" is!! Wish I could go on one today ;) Loving your precious pics (as always :))! Fun post! Wishing you and your beautiful family a terrific first weekend of August!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so relaxing! And you have the beach to yourselves?!? How cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous...not even going to lie! I'd love to have that a short drive away. I think that definitely wins as best picnic/dinner! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! What a genius idea to take dinner (from the store - so smart!) to the beach! I love that you just let her swim in her diaper - so much easier to clean them up when you don't have to deal with a swim suit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture of Aria sitting in the middle of the wave is BEYOND ADORABLE!!! Seriously love it. Also, a few beach things...1) how is your beach never packed? So jealous! Also, do ya'll just bring a regular blanket or is that an over-sized towel-like blanket? So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her little painted toes are so sweet - and I love her waving to the birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like such a fun day, sandy food and all! I'm impressed you actually ate dinner on the beach, I know how much you love the sand. :)
    Aria in that little swim diaper is just too much cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aria is so fearless when it comes to the ocean! Looks like you guys are having a ton of quality family time this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aria looks like a beach baby…so natural in the sand and water. I love the picture of her waving to the birds…sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shouldn't have read this when I'm hungry- that chicken looks realllly good right now. I love that you're able to go to the beach whenever you want, and it looks like Aria had a great time! Question- what are periwinkles?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.