Friday, August 22, 2014

Oh Hey, Friday: My Favourite Memories


Happy Friday!

I have Doc McStuffins stuck in my head...time for a check up, time for a check up. Peachy.

Moving on.

Aria's bestie is turning 1, well already did, but her birthday party is this weekend. So I was thinking back on all the warm fuzzy memories of Aria's first year of life. I thought that first year was fast, but this second year is flying. I'm also working on our 2013 'yearbook' so I'm chocked full of yesteryear and days gone by. So here's to being sentimental! Enjoy five of my favourite memories from Aria's hazy baby days.
Right off the bat, Aria's entrance into this world. It's the only thing that is crystal clear from the whole labor and delivery, and really the pregnancy too. Relief, sweet relief. Then a flood of all the emotions. I was just in awe, watching her scream. She was so tiny and purple and had the littlest tongue. It's just such a shame that she had to be whisked off to the NICU. I think that it is a wonderful experience meeting your baby, and to miss out on that is such sadness.
Sweet Turtle Soup: My Favourite Memories
Then there are all the memories of having Aria nap on my chest. I never wanted to put her down, and we enjoyed countless hours snuggling while she napped and I read. And, she was just so tiny and fit perfectly. It is hard to believe she was so little at one time when it is like being tackled by a full sized man when she hops on my lap now.
Sweet Turtle Soup: My Favourite Memories
October is my favourite month, along with just about everybody else. And, last October was a blast with all the countdown to Halloween bits we had going on, and the weather was on occasion really quite lovely, and the best was that Aria was at such a great age.  My favourite memory from the fall though was hanging out with her on the back porch when the weather was cooperating. We'd go out in the morning while the dogs stretched their legs and emptied their bladders. Aria would explore, and I kept her from eating plants. I've got my fingers triple crossed that we have so many nice days again this fall and winter.
Sweet Turtle Soup: My Favourite Memories
Sweet Turtle Soup: My Favourite Memories
October may be my fave month, but I just plum love the whole holiday season from October through December. And, one of my top holiday festive bits is watching the Macy's Parade on Thanksgiving. You get up and flip on the TV and have breakfast in your pjs before starting on your to do list for the Thanksgiving feast. I love it! And, last year I got to do that with Aria. We rolled her high chair into the living room and had a Thanksgiving morning breakfast feast while dancing along to the Parade music. I'm hoping she turns into a Parade fanatic just like me!
Sweet Turtle Soup: My Favourite Memories
And, of course you can't forget the memory of Christmas. I loved all the present opening that went on last December. She had her first lesson in ripping the wrapping on her birthday, so she was a pro by Christmas and definitely wanted to do it all herself, which also meant that it literally took all day. We had to break for food and naps, but we just kept unwrapping until it was time to start dinner. It would have been perfect if I wasn't sick. It felt like her first Christmas, which works because her actual first Christmas was pretty miserable being a few days postpartum and completely zombiefied.
Sweet Turtle Soup: My Favourite Memories
Now it is your turn! Go ahead, think of your favourite memory from anytime. I'll wait. Ok, got it? Doesn't it just put a smile on your face? Smiles make for a great start to the weekend! I hope yours is full of making memories. Feel free to share your fave memory in the comments too! I'd love to hear it.


Linking up with:


15 comments:

  1. What precious memories and gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness baby downward dog, I LOVE it :)!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree, October was a great month for us as well! I feel like that's when Wyatt's personality really started to show, such sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your spin on oh hey! Friday! Today I did random favorites from this week but I think favorite memories is a great way to reminisce about the year you've had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love looking back on old pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie!! Have a great weekend making new memories!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dyyyyying over how little she is here!! It's crazy how quickly they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh! Little Aria!!! LOVE it! She looks almost exactly the same now, but with more hair I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aria is just the CUTEST!!! :)
    Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday, Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great memories! I especially love her yoga poses on the porch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is just the cutest!!! I always think the first Christmas with a baby must be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My wedding day, and seeing Scott for the first time that day, ranks near the very top of one of my favorites. And, meeting Marcus, that was pretty spectacular as well. Both are moments that are fresh in my memory, like they happened just yesterday.
    And, is Aria checking out that little leaf while downward-dogging??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh she is just the cutest! Love the picture with her butt in the air. Savanna does that ALL THE TIME now haha and it's so crazy how fast a year flies by.. but it's even crazier how much they change every month once they hit 12 months. I feel like Savanna has already changed so much since her first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "And I kept Aria from eating plants" - lol! That pretty much describes me all day, every day, except you can replace plants with any other noun. When does the age of tasting everything end?

    All of these memories have me nostalgic for the holidays. Ezzy was only 5 - 7 months last time, so this year should be a lot more interactive. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a sweet post! I don't really remember callie's birth (so much medication) but I remember like it was yesterday the last time we BF and her first 5 solo steps ever. The walking makes me smile the most because she was so close for so long but wouldn't take a solo step. Then she did and her face was so happy but she also clearly knew she could do it. I've got a video but I remember it clear as day. 1 year and 2 weeks old. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.