Friday, August 15, 2014

Oh Hey, Friday: 12 in 2014 #8, Pumpkins, and Groot

Hooray for Friday! We don't even have anything exciting on the books this weekend other than toast (see #2), but Aria and I sure do like when dad is around. And, what better way to kick off Friday than with a 5!

p.s. Isn't Joseph Gordon-Levitt the cutest? The pups and I are watching 10 Things I Hate About You.

12 in 2014
 "Cheese"

image via pinterest
 You know what I dislike? Vegetables. You know what I like? French fries. Sadly french fries aren't as good for you as say broccoli. So we've been no carbs and lots of veggies all week. Today is day 5. We've kind of sort of been following a paleo diet, but since it was last minute we had leftovers that we didn't want to go to waste. Things like ribs and yogurt, not cake or brownies. Just for the record. Colour me surprised that I've actually lasted this long without bread and cheese though, like wow. My goal was only 5 days though, because low expectations are the way to go, and then have the weekend off before eating gross vegetables all week again. I'm counting down the minutes until I can have a piece of frickin toast. With butter.


I'm sure you've seen this #icebucketchallenge all over the place, but here is one more. Chris did it last weekend after he was challenged by some brothers in his fraternity. Do you know what ALS is? I hadn't a clue. When Chris said it was 'Lou Gehrig's Disease', I still didn't have a clue but I'd heard of that term. One of his fraternity brother's parents had died from it. And, apparently it can happen to anybody and is nearly always fatal, but it doesn't have a lot of recognition. That is until now. Check this "Between July 29 and today, August 12, The ALS Association and its 38 chapters have received an astonishing $4 million in donations compared to $1.12 million during the same time period last year. The ALS Association is incredibly grateful for the outpouring of support from those people who have been doused, made a donation, or both." Isn't that wonderful? So whether you dump ice water on your head or not you should consider making a donation. Aria made a donation, such a generous heart she has.

Here's a little blurb from the ALA Association website - "Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease," is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually leads to their death. When the motor neurons die, the ability of the brain to initiate and control muscle movement is lost. With voluntary muscle action progressively affected, patients in the later stages of the disease may become totally paralyzed."

I saw this at my favourite consignment shop, and snatched it up in a heartbeat. It was a while ago so I put in her 'next size up' box to save for the fall. Well, I couldn't resist a little preview the other day. I melted the whole time she was strutting around in it. Doesn't she look like a little pumpkin? I dutifully put it back in the box, but I cannot wait for next month! I smell football, pumpkin spice lattes, and candy corn coming...and it smells awesome!

I also asked her if I could take her picture in her cute orange romper so she walked to the end of the porch, turned around, and gave me a big smile. She does that every once and a while and it is the sweetest thing each time, and 85% of the time I have no idea what she is doing so I don't even have the camera ready to capture that 3 second smile. Not this time though, nailed it!

Did you guys see 'Guardians of the Galaxy' yet? If you haven't it is awesome sauce and you should. Chris and I saw it and we were laughing the whole time. So, when I saw this 'I am Groot' shirt I thought Chris would love it, and Aria told me she really wanted to get dad a 'just because' present. He's wearing it to work today, so I suppose that means two thumbs up!

Time to have a fabulous weekend! Eat fried food for me!

Linking up with:

18 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww your lil girl is so precious!!

    Celery is SOOOOOOO not pizza, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled I haven't been nominated to dump ice on my head. I'm pregnant I can't handle that. Love the romper. Huuuuge romper fan. And yes to Joseph Gordon Levitt. Such a baby in that movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love that orange romper!!! Sadly, I don't think Josephine's will fit her come October:( it is super cute for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That romper is just perfect for the pumpkin patch, or really any Fall activity! Sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that romper!! :) Perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your heart...just veggies?? I think Stella and I would die!! ;) Actually, it really needs to happen around here as well. Maybe when I'm not pregnant.
    As always, Aria is the sweetest & best!! Have a great weekend, and enjoy your toast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A romper for a toddler?? TOO CUTE!! We are on the no carb diet, too...we cave every now and then, but it's been working!!

    I also dumped a bucket of ice water on my head yesterday....it's for a great cause!!!

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That jumper!!!!! Oh man, way tooo cute!

    Also with the food- do you notice that veggies start to taste better after a while? Like your taste buds adjust? I *think* that's a thing. Also, salad dressing is amazing on raw veggies! Although not amazing enough to turn celery into pizza....

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha love the celery comparison!! Also, Aria just might be the absolute cutest little baby doll I've ever seen!! Hope ya'll have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you about JGL!! Major crush on him. He's so cute.

    Go you girl! I've been trying to hard to do a modified paleo, but I pretty much suck at it. I'm so impressed with anyone who has the willpower to resist the breads.

    Abigail just fit into a pair of boots that I had stashed back and I'm like you!! SQUEE almost time to wear them! yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carbs are kind of like crack for me. A loaf of french bread versus a veggie tray? Pass me the bread every.single.time.
    That orange romper? I die. And, it sounds like Aria is practicing her catwalk strut when she goes to the end of the deck and turns to flash a smile. Get it little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 and #4. Could her smile be any cuter? I think not. I'm going to need to borrow Aria for a day soon so she can teach Mason to smile for the camera. I swear he sees me try to take a picture and PURPOSELY does NOT smile. Toddlers. Crushing mommys dreams one day at a time.
    PS That romper is to die for. I cannot wait to see it at least once a week from Sept 1-Nov 30!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girlfriend, you are amazing for eating so healthy!! I'm def. a french fries and pizza girl too... it's bad, but so good :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that romper! I can't wait to shop for fall clothes but I'm waiting to make sure Callie doesn't have a growth spurt on me to get the right size. It's so much harder to guess when the sizes only change by year! I LOVE that photo of her in the chair - perfect smile, photo, light, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too dislike veggies. Good for you eating lots of veggies !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, so sweet she wanted to get dad a "just because" present. Also, thanks for giving some info on ALS, I've seen some of the ice dump photos, but hadn't taken the time to research it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you on the veggies! We've been trying to eat more of them, but like you am not that big of a fan. I much prefer carbs and chocolate :) I love that our girls can smile more on command now- so fun! And I've heard so many good things about that movie- Scott and I both really want to see it but may have to wait til it's on Netflix. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That snapshot at #1 just melted my heart!!! So stinkin' cute!!! ...and I'm LOVING both her adorable new romper AND the "I am Groot" awesomeness! :) The celery pic totally cracked me up! LOL. So true! ;) I didn't know much about ALS. Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoyed a fun (& delicious) weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.