Monday, August 4, 2014

Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play

Hello, are you joining in with Erin for the documenting life challenge? Because you should! This week's prompt is 'sweet treats'. As soon as I saw it I thought ice cream date. So, we made it happen this weekend. It was Aria's first. Not her first ice cream, we've always got that on hand, but it was her first trip to an ice cream shop. She 'picked' chocolate with rainbow sprinkles. I say 'picked' because I couldn't get her to so much as point to a tub of ice cream or nod her head when I told her the flavors. Rainbow and chocolate though, can't really go wrong with that.

I was intending to just post our 'sweet treat' on IG, but the pictures of her and me turned out so sweet that I was either going to flood IG with all of them or put a few on IG and a few on here. Clearly I opted for a few on each!
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
I enjoyed our ice cream date immensely. And, it definitely had the least to do with cake batter ice cream. Aria insisted that she eat her ice cream all by herself, and she dripped it every where. I almost went through a whole pack of wipes. But, she would make this super cute alarm noise each time she dripped or missed her mouth and I would wipe it up for her. Kind of like 'eeee'. And, occasionally she would reach her spoon over and grab a bite of mine or dad's. Her enjoyment was completely contagious.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
After a while she had a cup of mostly melted chocolate ice cream so I had to call it quits and toss it before we ran out of wipes completely. Naturally the skies choose that moment to really start raining, so we ran between rain drops on the way back to the car.

Later, after an unwanted too full of sugar but finally crashed nap, we headed out to check out a park Aria's grandma recommended to us. Aria was all smiles, so I think she approved.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Remember when I said that she wouldn't go through tunnels?
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Bam! All of a sudden she doesn't have any issues with it. Although I suppose technically she didn't crawl, but rather scooted on her tush the whole way. Whatever works for her.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
She is getting so good at going down slides by herself and getting up the stairs and crossing the bridges. What the heck man, where did my baby go?
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
And, it wouldn't be a trip to the park without cooling down on the swings.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play

The park is right between the beach and the intercoastal waterway, so we walked over to the pier to take a look at the water.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
We saw a few birds, and watched a fish swim past. And, then made our way back to the car.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Chris told Aria to check out the tree stump, and it wasn't until we walked closer that we noticed all the dolphin carvings around the top.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Next to the park is a house that was built in 1890. You can see it in the background of the swinging picture. We walked past it again on the way back and I thought the flowers out front were pretty, but Aria wasn't interested in anymore pictures with mom. I went with the monkey hold technique and then let her run up the stairs to the house because that was really all she wanted to do.
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
Sweet Turtle Soup - Mommy & Me Monday: Ice Cream Dates and Park Play
I'm not really sure if there is anything inside, since it was locked up, but Aria appreciated the big porch and stairs to go up and down.

Basically, we had an excellent day. And, I ended up with a few pictures of Aria and me, which as the primary camera holder doesn't always happen. Thanks for taking over the camera duties for the day, Chris!

Have a great start to the week

24 comments:

  1. She's a total doll with that ice cream! How perfect (and yummy!!)! That looks like an awesome toddler park too - she looks so grown up tunneling and sliding around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Ice cream and the park, it doesn't get much better than that! Cold stone is our fav place to get ice cream too!
    Btw, I think our girls are just days apart. Kennedy was born 11/28/12.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that first picture is THE SWEETEST! i love both of your expressions SO much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay so now I am craving ice cream at 7:40 on a Monday morning... eeeekkkk!

    And, a park next to the beach sounds nearly perfect to me. Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Love all of the pictures. And how cool that the park is that close to the water. I am mega jealous that you live that close to the ocean/beach. PS – love your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely sounds like an excellent day!!! Such a perfect park location btw! Isn't it wild how these girls are so fearful of something but then one day they wake up and decide they are comfortable enough to take the plunge? Idk about you, but sometimes that's a bit difficult for this mama to handle!! Love how she is making sure to get the ENTIRE ice cream bite in her mouth btw. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously? THE best kind of dates!!! <3 She is getting SO big. I can't.. our babies are growing up too fast!!! I need an Ice Cream date with my mini ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love coldstone. We don't have one here so it is a big deal to get to eat some of that heaven!!

    Abigail couldn't figure out how to do tunnels for the longest time either. It was so ridiculous and HILARIOUS watching her try to figure out how to get inside. She definitely did the sitting up scoot thing too. Silly girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful family time! ice cream and the park are always a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun day! Aria is just getting cuter and I agree- I can't believe how old our girls are getting! Reese hasn't quite mastered the playset yet, as she still needs help with going up stairs, but she's a big fan of the slide, and just recently, the swings. (Only if we swing a little) Glad to see you in the pictures too :) That's a problem I have very often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many sweet photos of the two of you :) And since I'm still trying to cut back on the sugar after a week of nothing but birthday cake, you're killing me over here with those Cold Stone pics! Seriously, too much cuteness though...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ice cream dates are the best kind of dates. And, summer is the perfect excuse to go on said dates as often as possible.
    Your day looks like perfection, and the cherry on top was getting to be in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is getting soooo big, oh my gosh!! I haven't taken Maylee on a swing coz I am a little scared hehe. At what age did you first put Aria on a swing at a park?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness. The ice cream date is the most perfect date ever (for adults and kids!). I love the pictures of you and Aria! She looks SO happy! And so do you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Obsessed with the ice cream pictures!! Her face!! And again- you rocked some park pictures. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful day! Nothing beats ice cream and a park :)
    Cutest photos ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fun day! Love that you made the IG challenge a blog post! I did as well since I took way too many pictures [& even found some more on my phone I forgot about! oops].

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eeek! Aria is such a little doll! I love this idea. :) I wanted to do the same thing with Charlotte with frozen yogurt. Great minds, sister! We'll be working on our #documentinglifechallenge prompt this week, too. Yay for summer fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. how awesome is that that you can leave a park and walk to the water? so envious. ice cream and parks and water. a perfect summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What? This is the cutest idea everrrrr! Mia and I do everything together so for some reason I never thought about setting aside a really special, sweet date for us to make it fun! Totally going to do an ice cream date with her! (If only we had a Cold Stone in my stupid, little town! I'm majorly craving it now!)
    Aria is sooooo beautiful! Her smile kills me! AND THOSE CURLS! I die!! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so sweet. D went through a pink phase.. in fact we are now finally nearing it's end. He wouldn't eat ice cream if it wasn't pink. He wouldn't even try chocolate or any other flavors.. He'd actually rather go without than go with any other color.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fun day! Perfect for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.