Thursday, August 21, 2014

Historical-ness: Honeymoon Day #3 & The Reception

I've made my way now from how Chris and I met up through our wedding day in this historical-ness series. After we got married and reception-ed at Epcot, we honeymooned for the next three days at Disney's The Boardwalk. Today's post is from April 15th, 2011 - honeymoon day 3.

This is the last day of our honeymoon and we spent it at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Historical-ness
We started off in Dinoland USA so that Chris could ride on Dinosaur, which for some reason or another (maintenance etc.) he hadn't been able to ride yet. It is one of his favourite rides so he was pretty excited about it.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Historical-ness
It was also the first time we rode Everest.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Historical-ness
We had lunch and excellent daiquiris at the Yak &Yeti.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Historical-ness
We did the treks, we did the safari, we got soaked on Kali River Rapids, we caught some of the Jammin' Jungle Parade, and we ended with the Festival of the Lion King.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Historical-ness
We ended the evening at Downtown Disney with Ghirardelli's sundaes, a few hours at DisneyQuest, and dinner at Paradiso 37. Somehow I forgot to take a single picture the entire evening, I wasn't as photo happy as I am now. And, then we made our way home from an incredibly fun, magical, and much too quick Disney honeymoon.

We also had our reception get together the following day. It was super casual. We invited all of our friends and family. We made a pot-luck style feast of just about all of our favourite dishes - crab dip, paprikash, stew, mac and cheese, broccoli cheese casserole, enchiladas, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, lasagna, garlic bread, and corn on the cob. One of our friend's made us a cake and cupcakes, which was delicious along with the rest of the gigantic spread. We ate, we spent time together, there was some bocce ball, and a sprinkling of presents (that I hadn't even considered people would bring -  one was a Disney collage frame that hangs in Aria's room now). It was the perfect ending to our wedding week.
Sweet Turtle Soup: Historical-ness
And that brings my 'wedding' section of the historical-ness series to a close. I'm not even sure what is up next precisely. We spent the next year running around Disney with our shiny new annual passes, and Aria was a 1st anniversary present. So something along those lines will be up next!

If you want to catch up with the rest of the historical-ness series check out these past posts: 1: How We Met, 2: The First Three Years, 3: Baxter, 4: Lizzy, 5: Life in Colorado, 6: First Summer Back in Florida, 7: Our Last Months Before We Got Married, 8: Our Wedding Day - part one, 9: Our Wedding Day - part two, 10: Honeymoon Day #1, and 11: Honeymoon Day #2.

11 comments:

  1. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn.
    xoxo

    http://www.styleshower.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cupcakes at your "after-reception" party! They are super cute! I stand by what I said before you make Animal Kingdom look like the best park at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinosaur is a great ride. Love that you guys naturally take Aria to the same places you honeymooned. Someday she will think that's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love how you celebrated you wedding and honeymoon. Such an awesome time.
    I've only been to DW once, and never Animal Kingdom. Clearly I am missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Animal Kingdom was actually my favorite of all the parks. Looks like you had a magical wedding and honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was such a great time! I have always wanted to go to WDW. I have been to Disneyland several times and we even spent part of our honeymoon there. It was truly magical, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaahhh all of those pictures make me smile. I due to us being there with tiny kids I had to ride the dinosaur ride alone. I literally almost peed my pants at the end when that huge dino face roars. I was the lucky person who happened to be sitting RIGHT there, alone. OMG.

    Honeymoon at Disney. Sounds beyonde perfect to me. What fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome way to end your honeymoon! I still haven't ever been to Disney but it's definitely on my bucket list :) I think it'd be extra fun to go when my girls get a little bit older!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! Love Disney pictures. We're going in December and I CANT. FREAKIGN. WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this series! You are inspiring me to do one too. I would love to recap my wedding since I didn't blog back then. Maybe next year for our 5 year anniversary? That would be fun.
    I love seeing your Disney pictures!!! I've been quite a few times but never to Animal Kingdom. You're making me want to go on vacation ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just catching up on all the posts I missed while I was gone :) I love AK - probably my second favorite park after Epcot. Recapping your wedding/honeymoon is a great idea! Not sure if I'll ever do something like that, but I loved reading about yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.