Wednesday, August 6, 2014

19th and 20th Month Favourites

Sweet Turtle Soup - 19th and 20th Month Favourites, Baby Registry
1. Munchkin Bath Letters - Aria insists on dumping out all of her bath letters each time she gets a shower. Then she likes to take them one by one and push them through the little opening between the two glass sliding shower doors. Sometimes she doesn't even do much with them, yet she still needs them all over the tub. Bath time is just more fun when it looks like a big mess. Whatever floats her boat, and doesn't injure mom's foot when she inevitably steps on it.

2. Munchkin Snack Containers - We recently got these and they have already gotten a ton of use. I don't know why it took me so long to pick up a set. Now Aria can have her milk and carry around her pretzels too. They were both in the dish washer the other day so I gave her a little cup from her first birthday party that is somehow still hanging around, and she shook the whole thing like she normally does and there were pretzels everywhere. She must have been like hm normally this just makes noise and not a mess. So, lids. Those are nice.

3. Melissa & Doug Puzzle - She's had this one since her 1st birthday (December) but is just now getting interested in putting the pieces in place instead of just dumping them and spreading them out as far as she can manage. Plus, it is a fun way to do the animal signs and sounds...although I'm not sure what an ostrich, rhino, or hippo sounds like. My zebra is excellent though. The sound always reminds me of Disney's Swiss Family Robinson movie, which I haven't seen in years.

4. See Kai Run Sandals - Aria is obsessed with shoes lately, and even her own. These aren't the exact pair she has, but they are on sale! We've had two pairs so far and they are great. No complaints from her, and they are cute.

5. Green Toys Shape Sorter - She loves dumping this thing out, but she almost always puts the shapes all back in afterwards. And, Green Toys is one of my favourite companies.

6. Fisher-Price Popper - aka the most annoying toy ever. This was an Easter present from Great Grandma, and of course she loves it. It took her a while to figure out how to make it pop on the tile, which is a lot harder than popping on the carpet. She just delights in popping around after the dogs, who are also just thrilled about the whole thing.

7. Mega Bloks -Another favourite toy that Aria loves to dump out and spread to all the corners of the living room. At least she helps put them away, and is an excellent retriever for the ones she's slid far away. We had fun identifying colours with these as well. They are all 'blu' 'blu'.

13 comments:

  1. Many of these are our favorites too! I was surprised at how much Kennedy liked the mega blocks! She loves to build with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I loved those snack cups at that age. My girls STILL use them.... only I don't make them use the lids anymore ;).

    I was a bit worried when I saw #6. I thought "doesn't that toy drive her crazy?! The kids did love it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I would love to hear your animal sound. ha! You can hear my elephant sound in exchange. I was super surprised at how much Lils loved (and still loves) her mega blocks! Yet, I'm not sure who loves them more, Lily or Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Identical items to what we have too :) Although I need to get some puzzles as we don't have any of those currently. That's great that Aria helps pick up the blocks - we're working on that part. Have to make it a game, kinda like Mary Poppins :D You find the fun, and snap! The job's a game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup all of these things look oh so familiar! We had to throw away all our letters because they got mold I guess growing in the little cracks. All the bleach in the world oupdnt convince me to keep them. By the way how gross are bath toys right?? Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love the Melissa & Doug puzzles and See Kai Run sandals over here too! Those sandals are the only ones that don't leave red marks on Ezzy's feet. We've got the mega blocks too, but so far Ezzy isn't interested in building things - only destroying things that are already built ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harper loves the Melissa & Doug puzzles as well! They're so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love those snack cups, too! They are a must. I have been debating on whether or not to get Josephine some Mega Blocks. I thinking I might wait till she is a little older. I will definitely be bookmarking this post for the future!

    www.windycitybaby.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mason is OBSESSED with those bath letters. He loves to play with them every time he goes in the bath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sofia loves her Mega Bloks! I got them for her on her second birthday because when we traveled to San Antonio to meet a friend, she loved playing with her son's blocks. Hers are in a pink, purple and green color. I love the idea of the shower letters. Sofia would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bath letters and snack containers are huge hits in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have 1,3 and 7 and loved them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun! My girl LOVES her popper and the Mega Blocks too. The simplest toys are usually the most fun, seems like :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.