Friday, July 25, 2014

Summer Bucket List #6 - park discovery

I totally thought this was going to be one I skipped when I started crossing things off our Summer Bucket List. Our local park is pretty lame, and I didn't feel like putting in the effort to find a different one. Lo and behold Chris did it, so we got to cross it off in the end. He randomly found it on the gps, and we weren't even sure if it was a park or just a plot of land. But, when we got there it turned out to indeed be a park and a pretty decent one too. Good job, Chris!

As soon as we walked inside the fence Aria noticed a squirrel and took off running for him. And, he in turn took off running the other way. She tailed him for a good bit too. I guess she's always dreamed of the day she could chase a squirrel. The ones in our backyard are in the very far back or run across the power lines, so not very chase-able. You can't beat a park where dreams come true, right?
Summer Bucket List
Next up was the slide. Up, Up, and down, down, down. Such a happy face, and ladylike pose. Ankles crossed girls!
Summer Bucket List
Summer Bucket List
Summer Bucket List
Summer Bucket List
Summer Bucket List
You teeter and I'll totter!
Summer Bucket List
Dad has his own personal cheerleader. And, Aria has her own personal extra set of arms. Teamwork at its best.
Summer Bucket List
Summer Bucket List
There we go, that is more her size.
Summer Bucket List
Summer Bucket List
Another play set. Another tunnel she won't crawl through. I'm not sure what her hesitation is, but she will get a foot in and refuse to go any further. She just crawls back out the way she came, even if dad goes first. She didn't go in any further than the picture below. Her crawler must be rusty.
Summer Bucket List
Summer Bucket List
Aria insisted that dad join her in the firetruck. Good thing there was that hole in the top! She's quite demanding about where people sit. We get a lot of 'down' and pointing at chairs around the house.
Summer Bucket List
Summer Bucket List
We were all starting to get hot, hot, hot so a swing session was in order. Unfortunately the swings sucked, like sitting on a ramrod straight board. But, Aria immediately curled into Chris for a little break.
Summer Bucket List
So we moved on to the baby swings instead. Aria was in need of a little air flow, look at those pink cheeks. Poor babe got those from her dad. When we play outside for a few minutes she turns as red as a beet. Naturally it makes me paranoid thinking that she got a crazy sunburn in all of 7 minutes.
Summer Bucket List
Summer Bucket List
After cooling down on the swings we made our way to the car, but not before Chris showed me what the heck that thing did. Aria was less than impressed. I was tempted to join in if I wasn't hanging on to my camera. I want one for the backyard.
Summer Bucket List
This bucket list has turned out to be a lovely idea. I've been motivated to do things I wouldn't normally make the time and effort to accomplish. Just one more week to go, and two more items on the list left - let's see if we can pull it off. I've got faith!
Summer Bucket List
And, how are you doing with your list? Realizing you are glad you made one too? Please link up your bucket list progress below! I've been enjoying reading through all the posts each week. For details check out this post.

13 comments:

  1. I think parks are death traps. I get such anxiety. But letty did break her arm on a slide so I figure it's not unjustified.

    I tell her constantly to "close the gate". Being a lady is important. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another FUN family day!! Loving the pics :) Have a fantastic weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I love the pictures of her on the slide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to discover a new park! Looks like a good one. Especially that weird swinging thing at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the slid pics, so much fun. Playing with littles at the park is the best! Have a super fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for new parks!! It definitely looks like a great one! I'm sure Wyatt thinks I'm totally lame since I won't participate on any of the toys. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo for unexpected park finds! We frequent the same ones over, and over, and over. And, I just cannot find it in me to search for a new one (I'm guessing any "new" ones would be much farther to get to). However, this park looks pretty legit! And that random swingy thing Chris was on. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those slide shots KILL ME. seriously. action shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Umm, your park...has a baby rock climbing wall!!??? Amazing!!! I love that Aria cheered on Chris, then got help climbing, and then looked so stinkin' cute peeping through the hole and then... refused to go through. Poor girl.
    That picture of Aria and Chris teeter tottering together is so cute! I'm impressed she held on so well and didn't lean off or fall off. Mason would probably take a header. He's been getting hurt (just scratches and such) so much recently that I wouldn't put it past him getting a cut on his nose, falling head first off it. lol.

    Oh and I think I know what you're doing next week... a picnic outside! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous of your park, our park sucks!!!!
    You all have rocked that bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That park is super awesome! I can't believe she went down that huge blue slide! Callie would never have done that (way to cautious) but she looks so happy! I love the tunnel and the car and is that a baby rock wall? What a great trip -- kudos to Chris! Totally makes up for not reminding you to wrap all the presents inside the xmas package!!! And OMG how did you redesign your blog so fast lady?! It's awesome! I don't remember how to do any of that stuff I did last fall... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LoL. the daddies and that spin thing! ha! Also, that's a pretty steep slide! Seems like she loved it though. How did your heart react to it? ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the updates to your site! Sooo pretty! That's great that you found a fun new park- especially love the action shots of her on the slide. So far, the slide and going up and down stairs are the only 2 things Reese likes. Not so much with the swings, but we're working on it. I have a feeling she's much more timid than Aria is :) That thing that Chris is on- is that one of those contraptions that spins you on it's own?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.