Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Nineteen Months Old

July 2nd
Month-day Stats
Month-day Stats
Month-day Stats
Weight: 24 lbs.

Height: 33 inches.
Month-day Stats
Sleep: The new summer bedtime is closer to 8, and she has been waking up between 7:30 and 8:00. Naps are from noon to 3:00ish.

Clothes: Wearing a few 12 months but mostly 18 months.

Diapers: Size 4 in Pampers baby dry. After a brief stint back in cloth, I got lazy and have been just using disposables.

Loves: Climbing, being outside, playing in the water, dad being home from work earlier, watermelon, making people laugh, making animal sounds, reading, helping mama in the kitchen, any helping really, and chasing the dogs and trying to make them play fetch.
Month-day Stats
Hates: Not much these days other than the irrational things that trigger a mini tantrum. She's happy to be outside and running around and coming inside for eats. Sometimes she isn't happy to stop playing, but she's been pretty content this past month. Everybody knock on wood with me, okay?

Milestone progress: She picked up the dragon sign, which is pretty much the cutest sign ever - you use your hand to imitate fire breathing and Aria throws in some sounds just to seal the deal. I've been trying to get her to do her signs for the camera, but no go so far.

We've been going nuts for animals sounds lately. She can do owl (hoo hoo), wolf (there's a video!), frog (rrrrrr), cow (moo), sheep (ba hahahaha), horse (neigh), snake (sssss), pig (sniff/snort), and elephant (squeal?, hard to describe ha).

Words are the same five: ma, da, down, bird, and bug. Plus, the rare hello (mumble-ooo) and bye (buh).

Potty training light. She doesn't ask to go very often, but she is pretty consistently trying to do her business if you put her on the potty. She just started checking under her tush after she pees in the diaper, so that looks promising, I think. We aren't pushing it, but she is definitely getting the concept.

She knows every body part I can throw at her. My favourite is 'where's your butt?'. I may ask her that one all the time. She is hit or miss with colours, but blue seems to be her most recognized hue.

She has mastered climbing onto all the furniture now. We are all so thrilled. Working on the whole don't run on the couch bit, and how about we sit instead. I say 'sit' all day long.
Month-day Stats
Teeth: 3 new teeth! She got around to popping out the fourth front bottom one, and then two top molars. That makes it 12 total now. Definitely scary to put your hand in there.

Eats: She has been eating great. Still up for trying new things, can definitely clean her plate when she wants, and getting pretty good with her fork and spoon. Nothing different to report.

post signature

17 comments:

  1. Oh these photos! I can just imagine the dragon sign, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute. And holy Spanish moss how I love that. And Minnie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so adorable. I love her sweet expressions!!!
    Check out the DVD Dance with the Animals by Rock N Learn! Lia loved it at Aria's age and still asks to watch it sometimes. I found it at a teacher store for $5.00 but Ebay and Amazon (used) have it too. If you cant find it let me know and I will look at our store too.
    Have a HAPPY 4th of July !
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pictures! And wow I'm totally jealous about her sleep! Sounds just dreamy.... Those signs sound adorable- especially the dragon- I bet that comes in handy quite often ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks way older than 19 months!! I love love love her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a doll!! What a fun age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two things: She, as always, is so stinking cute. And that tree, that tree is beautiful. I really like trees and sadly there aren't many left around here post tornado :(.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh please get the "dragon" sign on video! I can about imagine the cuteness.
    That little red dress is adorable - and even better considering Minnie is on it. :)
    Happy 19 Months!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, what?! 19 months!!?? The time is flying! She is so cute and I can't believe that she knows a sign for dragon! Please get it on video! Maybe I can show it to Mason and he can imitate and that can be their secret love sign ;) Happy 19 months sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE that red minnie dress! It's so stikin cute on her -- or maybe she's just that cute?! Is she getting curls or did you just style her the perfect little hair flip in the back? Either way she's getting so much hair now it's so sweet. Little blondie (where does she get that from anyway?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable dress! Those are great pictures, by the way. I can't believe our 'babies' are no longer babies! I love watching them grow, but sometimes I miss those early stages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is such a smartie! Love the photos - she is a doll. And I love babies making animal noises. I can't believe she's getting so big! And those blonde curls! Kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love her dress! Is her hair getting blonder!?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girlfriend!!! You have a lovely sleep schedule! Especially with that nice long break during the day!!! So jealous!! Love that picture of her laughing under the "Loves" subtitle. Sooooo adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you on the whole "sit" thing. I feel like I'm constantly saying, "sit on your bottom, please." Luckily, he hasn't quite mastered climbing but he's definitely trying. Mimi had a stool and now he is trying to use anything as a stool, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is such a little cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.