Monday, July 21, 2014

Currently: July

Thinking about: chocolate covered potato chips. They just sound like they would hit the spot, you know?

Working on: my water drinking. I realized I was slacking big time in my water servings per day, so now if I don't drink my allotted amount I can't have my afternoon iced coffee. It is working like a charm so far. Iced coffee is excellent motivation apparently. Sadly, I broke my favourite cup the other day so drinking just isn't as much fun anymore.
Planning: on redesigning the blog. She needs a facelift!

Reading: The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness. I've been so excited to get my hands on it (it just came out), and it did not disappoint. It was the final in the All Souls Trilogy. So well written, great story, and full of awesome. I hope she continues to write because she can weave a damn good tale.
Listening to: my dog snoring at the moment. Such a delicate lady beasty Lizzy is.

Eating: chili and bbq ribs sometime this week. Menu planning is super hit or miss with me, but this is the third week in a row with some sort of game plan for dinner. So, we will probably be eating crackers and cheese next week.

Watching: the Christmas in July show on QVC. I've never purchased anything, but I very much enjoy having it on in the background all day. Christmas in July is my favourite part of the summer, and I'm even more excited for the Christmas in July exchange link up on Thursday. I love seeing what people come up with to send to others.
Wanting: Aria to knock it off with the cat food eating. The cat has a closet where his litter, bed, and food bowl goes. I open up the door and give him his food whenever he asks, but now little miss can open the door. I turn my back for 3 seconds to wash up the dishes (always the dishes) and next thing I know she is down the hall and into the closet double fisting cat food like she's starving. I've taken to putting the laundry basket in front of the door (because it is always full) to slow her down. By the way, she can't get to the litter box as easily. Praise the Lord. Where do people hide their cat things with kids around? Somebody let me in on the secret!

Feeling: like a nap would be awesome...
Loving: that the AC is blowing on me right now. It is melting weather outside.

Thankful for: my husband, who said we might be able to run to the chocolate shop for some of those chocolate covered potato chips after work!

Linking up with:
A Mama Collective
 

24 comments:

  1. That's too funny that Aria's eating cat food. We always had the cat area baby gated when Henry was little. Not always possible for everyone though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! I didn't even realize chocolate covered potato chips were a real thing! That's something I could go for! Wyatt like helping me feed Angel (our dog) and recently he's started sticking his hands in the bowl to try and grab some for himself. It completely grosses me out!! Luckily we have an attached room that's only accessible through our garage that we were able to put a cat door in and move all of the kitty things out there. He has absolutely no access to there "stuff". The thought of that makes me nauseous, I can only imagine what he would do if he found a litter box these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas in July! Oh my goodness I love it. In the kitchen with David is one of my favorite shows, I could seriously bankrupt us ordering tons of gadgets. I LOVE kitchen gadgets.

    Sorry about the cup :(.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you have me wanting chocolate potato chips also - must find! I regularly keep a water bottle with me and find that it's easier for me to drink from a bottle, especially if it's cute! My parents are in Orlando right now, so I imagine they're melting as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god the cat food thing gives me such anxiety. Thankfully my kids never bothered with such things when we had a cat. Yikes! And good luck with those chips!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet man! I have never heard of this -- chocolate potato chips. Sounds really interesting! I may just have to try it soon. And yes, so sad about your cup!

    Speaking of water, I better go grab some now ;) Thanks for linking up with us! ~Jenna // A Mama Collective

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these posts! I feel lucky that Liam has never been interested in the cat food! He calls it " Charlie's Beans" which is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god!!! Seriously with the dog and cat food eating. Over it. I can't even leave dog bowls on the floor because Savanna is over there munching like its chocolate coated cereal or something. It grosses me out lol and yay for the CIJ link up!!! I can't wait to see all the goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marcus used to do the same thing with the dog food. Gross. We keep the cat food on our bathroom counter, so the little man (and dog) can't reach it. Hopefully by the time Marcus is tall enough he won't have any desire to taste-test the cat food.
    A nap… Yes, a nap sounds positively delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PLEASE let me know how the chocolate potato chips are?! Seriously, I'm so curious now!
    Oh sick to the nast... kids eating animal food is the worst!! Good luck getting her to stop :) ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocolate covered potato chips???!!! Oh, hell yeah! You are speaking my kind of language. And I'm so stoked about Christmas already!!! I mourn all year without my Christmas tree. Can't wait! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh my my my, we have a dog food eater over here. She mainly just likes to transfer dog food from one bowl to the other, but if I'm not paying attention one to two will slip into her mouth---ew.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, chocolate covered potato chips sound divine! Now I'm totally craving some!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chocolate covered potato chips?! You're speaking my language, lady! And yes, naps are totally glorious!!! Good luck with the cat food consumption ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha this sounds like a great day. I'm trying to work on my water intake too, I don't like drinking water. It's just so blah. Currently my dog is laying on the floor by the couch snoring his butt off too. It's a rainy day here & I've got a migraine. I hope you have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea on the water and not drinking your iced coffee... I will have to try that! I love my afternoon coffee so that is a great motivation! Just curious do you make your own iced coffee?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chocolate covered potato chips??? Are those a real thing???? I'm going to have to look into these!!!!

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chocolate covered potato chips!!! Yes. Sounds interesting. Saw you did get them (!!!) on IG , but where did you find them? Or did you make them??
    Random question... I've been thinking about doing a post like this! But can't quite figure out how to link up or what I'm supposed to do (seems pretty straight forward but apparently it's beyond me LOL). Help!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you get your chocolate covered potato chip fix soon. I must confess, I've never had them!
    My Annalee is constantly in the cat and dog food. I don't have a solution either!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Callie used to do that with the dog food... but it only lasted a few weeks and me telling her she was making Winston hungry by stealing his food and it stopped. Oddly the cat food she never bothered with and that's always just out (laundry room or basement so not in plain sight but not restricted either).

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol.. cat food!
    a nap does sound really good

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll have to check out the All Souls Trilogy. Always on the lookout for great reading recommendations :) Ah, and the cat food...one of my first memories was of eating cat food. I still remember the taste, and I never went back for seconds after that first bite. You guys must have much better cat food than we had for our cats!

    The Joni Journey

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, I've gotten horrible about drinking water - I need this goal as well! Also, I'm excited for your blog redesign. I've got some blogging upgrades I need to work on as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I too am working on increasing my water intake. I like coffee so much, unfortunately I'm often tempted to grab coffee over water.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.