Wednesday, June 4, 2014

It's the Little Things :: 17

First bowl of cereal with Beaba Utensils
I love firsts! It just doesn't get much more exciting than watching your baby do something new. This first is just a little thing that is a pretty big thing at the same time. Aria had her first bowl of cereal complete with a spoon and milk the other day, May 29th to be precise.
Beaba Utensils
Beaba Utensils
Her new spoons arrived and she was smitten immediately. She tried to carry every single one around, and was really miffed that I stole them to put in the dishwasher. Every meal the rest of that day she asked for silverware, it was funny how excited she was to try them out but they were still sitting in the dishwasher so no dice. The next day though I thought we would break them in in a super fun way, with a bowl of Lucky Charms (leftover from St. Patrick's day...still). And, she did such a good job of scooping up and shoveling in that I couldn't help but just watch her and smile. Eating cereal with a spoon, I mean that is a life lesson right there...that will carry you through many mornings! My momma heart was so proud that I had to get a video. Take a look, the ending in particular is a gem.

 Linking up with Ashley at Words About Waverly and Jess at Sadie Sky Boutique
 
littlethingslogo
post signature

19 comments:

  1. Okay, I immediately died over the cuteness of that first photo.... and your bravery! I don't think Mia will get to treat herself to milk and cereal for... years? ha ha! But then I noticed Aria's bib, I've got to get bigger ones! That thing is awesome! AND the video? SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love a good bowl of Cheerios for breakfast! Lucky charms taste way better though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those first with both girls, it was a scary moment. I was so sure I would be mopping the floor but they both did great! Looks like she did great to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I'm so jealous that she is still sitting in a high chair. My 13 months old started refusing to go in his this month :( Wants to be like the big kids, I think. It's so funny…now that we are on our 3rd, I just sort of forgot to start giving him utensils to use, ha! One day he put up a bit of a fuss pointing at mine and took it over. Now he uses utensils to eat…but he uses regular grown up ones, haha! I remember getting all sorts of cutesy baby silverware for my first, and even my second. Oh well…I'm just happy he knows how to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that was so cute! Especially loved her "drinking" the milk out of the bowl - I was cracking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I waited to long to let Callie try this and now it's a great thing to offer her when she's cranky bc it's so easy and she feels like such a big kid! And really cereal just is yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this!! milk and cereal!! we are kinda lame and STILL don't allow lex to have a go at it herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!! Ha ha so funny when she sticks her head in the bowl!! Way to go, mama for letting her get her hands in there, you're brave! HA HA! She actually does REALLY well with the spoon!

    Stopping by from the link up :)

    Tawnya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... I love firsts too! They are so much fun to watch. Aiden just has had bites of my cereal (which he loves), but I've never given him his own yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm.I was wondering when you started to introduce silverware to the littles.. It's been so long since I've been through that with Nick. :( I just got some silverware in this months Bluum Box but I think Savanna is still a little too small. Guess it's never too early to start though!!

    PS. I miss you! I'm sorry I haven't been able to catch up lately. SO BUSY! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky Aria! I need to be better about letting Arden get messy and just try things. We do oatmeal a lot because it tends to stick to the spoon pretty well ;) Love this though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firsts are the best! And they don't really stop...I still get excited to celebrate firsts and milestones with my 9 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, learning to slurp the milk directly from the cereal bowl is almost as valuable a lesson as learning to use a spoon - so cute!

    The Joni Journey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at that girl go! Teehee (: So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The lapping of the milk - I DIED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! The end is CLASSIC. And then her little giggle! So sweet. What is it with kids and spoons? Mason tries to put forks and spoons in his mouth sideways too. I'm like if you just put it in straight... the possibilities would be endless! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you document all of her sweet milestones!! Love when she put her face in the bowl. Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.