Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Historical-ness: Honeymoon Day #1

I've made my way from how Chris and I met up through our wedding day in this historical-ness series. So the next few posts will deal with our honeymoon at Disney World. After we got married and reception-ed at Epcot, we honeymooned for the next three days at Disney's The Boardwalk. Today's post will be from April 13th, 2011 - honeymoon day 1.

We woke up and met our friends Kiel and Atty for breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe, which is at my favourite resort. It was delicious, and they gave us complimentary mimosas to toast our wedding too.
After good eats, Chris and I went to the Magic Kingdom and enjoyed some rides before meeting up with Chris' brother and sister-in-law, Ian and Arianne.
Ian and Arianne got a good night's sleep and then met up with us in the afternoon. It was their first time to Disney, so we did our best to show them all the magic.
After we hit up all the classics we had dinner at our favourite restaurant at Magic Kingdom, Tony's.
Then we watched the Electrical Parade and the fireworks before Ian and Arianne headed back to their resort and we spent the last few hours doing our favourites again.
After our last rides we caught a few photo pass photographers on the way back to our resort to crash.
And, with that our first honeymoon day is over and done. Stay tuned for the remainder in the next couple posts of the series.

If you want to catch up with the rest of the historical-ness series check out these past posts: 1: How We Met, 2: The First Three Years, 3: Baxter, 4: Lizzy, 5: Life in Colorado, 6: First Summer Back in Florida, 7: Our Last Months Before We Got Married, 8: Our Wedding Day - part one, and 9: Our Wedding Day - part two.
post signature

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you guys spent your honeymoon in Disney. Seriously? No place better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! My dad is already talking about wanting to take Wyatt and baby #2 to Disney when they're a little older. I already can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet :) I appreciate you telling us your love story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great way to spend a honeymoon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you both had a great time! I wanted to spend our honeymoon at Disney, but we landed on Hawaii instead :) I love this series that you have going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to do recap posts. I blogged about our honeymoon when we took it, but I don't think I've looked at the photos since. I might need to break them out again and relive the magic. :) Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how do you still manage to look cute after a full day at disney?! i mean really now. its not fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. You are giving me major Disney withdrawals with this post!!! I'm having flashbacks to my childhood with the electrical parade pictures. LOVE that parade! Your night time pictures are SO CLEAR and amazing! How did you do that?! And love that you ate your way through the place! Do you guys have churros at DisneyWorld? We have the BEST ones at Disneyland and I have to get one EVERY time we go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.