Friday, May 16, 2014

Five on Friday: Disney World, Cinnamon Rolls, and Mice

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Linking up with the good life blog, Carolina Charm, A. Liz Adventures, and Hello! Happiness today to share my top five favourite moments from our recent trip to Disney World!

On day one of our trip taking Aria to Magic Kingdom for the first time and walking down Main Street USA for the first time and seeing the trolley performers. Aria was mesmerized by the little show, and watching her stare in awe instantly made me tear up. That annoyingly catchy song is still in my head a week later too....'spring, spring, spring'.

Everything about Gaston's Tavern, but mainly LeFou's Brew and that giant cinnamon roll. I've been craving frozen apple juice ever since.
 
Successfully keeping Aria up long enough to enjoy Illuminations, but with the fantastic addition of it being during one of my oldest friend's wedding at our own little private Italian nook. No better way to watch the Epcot fireworks show.
Check out my recap if you want to see more about the Disney wedding! Hint: it was over the top amazing.
 
Chef Mickey's Mother's Day Brunch! For one, the food was delicious. Disney definitely can do a buffet right, even if I only managed one measly plate. For two, Aria was definitely into the characters. I wasn't sure how she would react to Mickey and friends, but she loved it. She gave kisses and held hands and waved and awkwardly touched her dirty hands to the faces and got annoyed when they didn't get to our table fast enough. If I had to pick a single favourite moment, it would be this one!
 
The Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom. I was super impressed with this parade. It was downright magical, and creative, and colourful, and had a fire breathing dragon. I'm glad we managed to see it on our last day of the trip.

This is just a taste of the fun we had on our Disney trip. I'll be recapping each day in the not too distant future, so stay tuned for that!

Have a top notch weekend!
 
post signature

18 comments:

  1. OK I kinda LOVE all of this! Breakfast with Mickey? a parade with Minnir in a giant balloon? That cinnamon roll?! This is just the highlights?! Looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING every lit'l detail of this post, Courtney!! Thanks for sharing this taste of your magical trip!! I can hardly wait to read more about your fun (and see more of your adorable pics too! :)) Happy Friday!! Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I rrrrrrrrrrreally want to go to Disney like now!!!! The husband and I both went when we were young and still remember it. Your Disney recaps really help too. Can't wait until that fabulous day we get to take Lils!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cinnamon roll!!! I've never seen one so big. Have a great weekend as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a fun & special trip! I have never been to Disney World (only Disneyland) and want to bad. Kids or no kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Biggest cinnamon roll EVER. Yummmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so in need of a Disney fix! I cannot believe the size of that cinnamon roll - crazy! I loved all of your photos, but the one with Aria and Mickey is my favorite - so super cute. Looking forward to the rest of your recap - have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just made me so excited to take my babies to Disney...some day!! If we were closer we would've definitely already been. I want to make it a memorable experience, and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun photos!! I'm sure you all had a blast! My boys would LOVE to go to Disney someday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun! Disneyland + cinnamon rolls go hand in hand, in my opinion. And I remember those character breakfasts when I was little, can't wait till Ezzy finds the characters fun instead of creepy. He does like the princesses though, lil flirt. Glad you had a fantastic Mother's Day and that Aria had fun :)

    The Joni Journey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! What a fun recap! Love this peak into your trip. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING! Love the parade pic with minnie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Disney World, cinnamon rolls, and mice. Somehow I didn't connect that that would mean Mickey MOUSE. I was like "what a random combo... that's not good if there are mice in the kitchen at Disney while making cinnamon rolls". LOL. Hey its late. Past my bed time. But seriously, that cinnamon roll is HUGE and AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like such an amazing trip! I'm in desperate need to get back to Disney World ASAP! And of course now I'm craving a huge cinnamon roll!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cinnamon roll!!!!! Oh my word, I am drooling!! That looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO ridiculously jealous over here right now!!!! What an awesome trip! I love the mother's day brunch pic...Aria is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like an absolutely magical trip! Glad to see that Aria was enchanted by Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seeing this post has me so excited for our trip this week! I'm really hoping Marcus will give Mickey a BIG hug this time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.