Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Disney Trip #2 - "It's A Nice Day For A White Wedding"

We are back! We are tired! We are tan! What an exhausting trip it was. I thought 1 day with a toddler was hard, but 4 days were downright rough. Lack of sleep, itty bitty naps, crowds, hot sun, and late nights made for one short tempered baby by the end. By day four we were just throwing raisins at her and hoping for the best. Really though we had a great time, but it was a lot (a lot a lot) of work. I'm very glad we do one day trips more often than extended ones now. Disney is much better in small doses for Aria we've learned. And, my feet.

Today I just wanted to do the wedding portion recap, because it was amazing. Somebody else have a Disney wedding and invite me, mmkay?

We got all jazzed up. Aria was a little confused about it.
Then, made our way to The Boardwalk's croquet lawn for the ceremony. Aria made friends with the woman sitting next to us. She was grabbing her arm and holding her hand. My kid, the one that doesn't like strangers, was doing this. And, she didn't get bored until right before the end when Chris let her run around on the side for a few minutes. So it was a success! And, my favourite kind of ceremony is the super short and to the point kind, so this one was the best.
After the ceremony we paraded out to the front of The Boardwalk and took a bus to behind Epcot's World Showcase. If you know the area, we came out at the path next to the American Adventure pavilion where the colonial drummers come out. Yeah, it was pretty cool.
Aria insisted on sitting on the edge of my knees so that every time the bus stopped her head went flying into the handle bar right behind her. She didn't care one bit though, so okay sure go ahead.
"Dad, get that camera out of my face. Right now." I love this picture so hard.
We made our way over to the private section in front of the Italian pavilion for the cocktail hour(s) where Aria made herself at home immediately.
Best seat in the house.
She made a bunch of friends again. She kept going up to one woman and putting her hands in her lap and giving her the biggest smiles, and she was high five-ing the woman at the table with us. Honestly, whose kid is this? It was like a switch was flipped and she turned into a friendly little thing. It was pretty cute.
Eventually she started getting a little irritable, but we really wanted to stay for the fireworks. So we took turns letting her do the stairs, which is a feat of balance for me in heels (I'm the biggest klutz). Sorry about the poor quality.
 My friend, the beautiful bride, saw her so she ran over to give her a hug. She and her new husband were still getting pictures taken on the bridge, and during Illuminations. Those are going to be such amazing wedding photos! Completely jealous over here.
Aria made it all the way to Illuminations though! At first she was staring in awe and then she got a big smile, but the floating globe portion bored her. She kept asking for 'one more' firework - she holds up one finger and makes an excitement little noise (she did that after most of the rides too, one more time!). And, by the way, the best way to watch Illuminations is from your own little island with seating (and wine). Just sayin'.
 Right after the fireworks we said good night to the bride and got bussed back to The Boardwalk to put her down to sleep. The rest of the party was heading to the American Adventure for the reception portion of the evening, and we had the intention of making our way back after dropping Aria off with her babysitters. But, by the time we walked all the way back I was ready to take my shoes off and go to bed. So, basically I am a party pooper that was up past her bedtime. Although, the bus driver was like...take people back to the party? that isn't in my paperwork! So, who knows how that would have turned out. But, I definitely think I've earned my old fart badge now.

I've got hundreds of pictures I haven't even had a chance to take a look at yet, so stay tuned for more Disney goodness soon...ish...after more full nights of sleep in my own bed!

See you real soon!

post signature

17 comments:

  1. I heart this post, Courtney!! ...and I'm pretty sure that I'll have "White Wedding" in my head all day long now! lol ;) Loving these fantastic pics of your beautiful family!! Thanks for sharing the details of your exhausting, but amazing day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aria looks like a wedding trooper!! being amazing during the ceremony AND staying up past her bed time. i LOVE it!!! so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wedding at Disney?! SIGN ME UP PLEASE!!! Love your dress and Aria is the sweetest..you make me so nervous to take Savanna in a couple of months now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! Aiden was reading along with me and kept pointing out Aria's shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I especially like the first one of your family. I hear you about weddings at Disney - once upon a time (see what I did there? :) I wanted to get married at WDW but the cost was a little out of reach. I love Aria's dress, and glad you were able to make it through the fireworks with her. I know what you mean about feeling old too, haha - I feel like that all the time when I get tired and am in bed at 9:30 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Day One/Wedding looks like it was a total success! And, so jealous that Aria liked the fireworks. M was scared out of his seat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all look so good!! I would love to go to a wedding at Disney, sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I'm dying! "We were throwing raisins at her and hoping for the best." Too funny! And I love her little yellow sandals! How precious! So glad you all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great wedding location! And you're right those photos would be amazing with Illuminations as a background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing place for a wedding! So great that you guys got to go and take Aria. Mac's never seen fireworks, but now I really want to keep him up late for them sometime soon. Great photos! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You looked gorgeous!!!! I'm such a sucker for all things lace :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my!! Looks like you guys had a blast! Loved your dress!


    http://scaifebabywatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love aria's dress and you guys look pretty darn good all dressed up too! :) She looks like she did awesome! And seriously I don't blame you for not wanting to go back that sounds like a LONG day already! I wouldve been done too :) Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip as I'm thinking maybe maybe we'll come to FL to see the MIL this xmas and go to Disney (wanna go back at xmas?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh you both looks so pretty..
    ha! I like how you just decided to start throwing raisins at her.. a great mental image that makes

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wedding at Disney? YES PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES! Traveling with a toddler is downright exhausting. It gets easier, though! I promise. We did a 4 day trip to Gavelston (texas beach) last Summer and Mason did awesome!! And we didn’t have to bring as much gear! Love your dress! Beautiful pictures! Looks like the wedding went well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aria looks so, so cute in her wedding clothes! And what a trooper! She did SO good! I was TERRIFIED the first wedding we took Mason to. He was almost one and I thought he would cry or yell or ruin the wedding. Oh and to top it off, my husband was in the wedding so it was just me...sitting...sweating in the heat...with a baby. But he did AMAZING. Looks like you all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.