Thursday, May 22, 2014

Disney Trip #2 - [Day 3] Boardwalk Breakfast, Strolling, and UK Pavilion Meandering

Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot, The Boardwalk Inn

Disney's The Boardwalk
Disney's The Boardwalk Inn for breakfast, Walt Disney World
Gooood morning Boardwalk! We all needed that long solid night of refreshing sleep. The only reason everybody else got out of bed was because I was starving. Time to feed mom! We ate on The Boardwalk at the Boardwalk Bakery. I got the breakfast sandwich, which was very good, and a cinnamon roll,  which had killer icing. Chris got the breakfast bowl, which I don't think he loved, and an eclair, which he ate so fast I didn't even notice he was eating it. Aria shared bits of ours, ate all the fruit cups, and people watched.

Walt Disney World resort, crescent lake
After filling our bellies, we walked around at an Aria pace along the Boardwalk. Watched the boats, looked for ducks, tried to unplug things, etcetc.

Walt Disney World resort, crescent lake
The cool kids. This was the longest Aria kept her sunnies on the whole trip (it wasn't very long).

Walt Disney World resort, crescent lake
Walt Disney World resort, crescent lake
Walt Disney World resort, crescent lake
It was a beautiful day with a lovely breeze.

Walt Disney World resort, crescent lake
We made a pit stop at the Screen Door General Store to pick up batteries for Aria's fan, only to realize we couldn't remember what size battery the thing took and naturally we left it in the room. But, Aria found a friend right away. Proud mama when she went right for Mickey!

Walt Disney World resort, crescent lake
But, she traded Mickey in for a butt sit on Sulley.

Walt Disney World resort, crescent lake
Walt Disney World resort, crescent lake
Continuing our stroll in the hopes of finding out the location of my friend's wedding ceremony that would take place later that evening. We did!

Chris is terrible at taking 'us-ies', and he is even worse if he is the one holding the camera. It's like he can't multitask pressing a button and smiling. So, I try to make it easier by taking all the us-ies and he still gives me the worst non-smile smiles.

kidcot, Epcot, United Kingdom Pavilion, The Toy Soldier
After walking around for a while it was getting close to lunch time so we snagged a last minute reservation to Epcot's The Rose & Crown Pub at the UK Pavilion. When we got there we were still a bit early so we decided to check out the kidcot station. Something we'd never done before! Aria got her very own Duffy bear on a stick and even coloured him with me for a little bit. And, then she and I walked up and down the three steps next to the coloring area a million times until we could go check in for our reservation. I think the stairs were her favourite part of Disney...

Rose and Crown Pub for lunch
UK pavilion us-ie!

Epcot's UK pavilion
Epcot's UK Pavilion
The wind was so nice that it was even pleasant sitting outside, although everything tried to blow away.

Epcot's UK Pavilion
One of our favourites, the Scotch egg. Aria devoured that bread stick on the side so quickly that we ordered her her own plate of them. I got shepherd's pie, which is always good, and Chris got fish and chips, which he didn't stop raving about for at least an hour after lunch so I'd say he enjoyed it. Aria of course just ate the fries and her bread sticks.

Epcot's UK Pavilion
 Chris' turn to entertain the baby before settling our bill.

Walt Disney World Resort, Epcot
Dad keeping her happy on the walk back to our room for a nap because mom's shoulders were killing her from the clingy babe the entire trip. 'How about we let dad carry you?' hugs me tighter. The shoulder ride only lasted for a little bit before it was more mom you need to carry me.

Disney's Mousekeeping, Magical Experience at Disney World
Our mousekeeping had come and gone by the time we got back to the room for Aria's nap, but they left us a slightly creepy towel doll! It was around this point that I just remembered we'd forgotten to leave the tips each morning, so I hope the person that cleaned on our last day was the same all 4 days because they got an extra big tip.

Aria went down for her nap, Chris went off to try out the slide at the main pool, and I started getting ready for the wedding along with drinking the margarita Chris brought me mid way through the nap.

Aria ended up taking a short nap, but I sent her off with dad and her newly arrived babysitter, her godfather, so I could finish getting ready.

We asked Kiel to come hang out in the room so that we could bring Aria back anytime if she got too cranky and we could still have the freedom to go back to the wedding. Turned out she was awesome sauce until close to 10, and by then I was ready to crawl into bed myself. Chris talked me into dropping her off to go to bed and then enjoying a little pool time instead. Something about...when you have a babysitter, you don't hang around. For the full wedding recap check out this post!

Aria woke up 3 times this night, but thankfully she just went right back to bed each time. A definitely win over night 1.

And, here is day 3's video - the shortest of the bunch!

Thanks for joining us on day 3, day 4 (the final day) will be popping up soon!

See you real soon!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. I've never done KidCot. I'll have to check that out next time. Your daughter and the stairs. I get it. Sometimes it's all the kids need. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love your sundress! Second, I know what its like to play entertain the baby while eating. Quite the feat sometimes. I've heard really good things about Rose & Crown and have never been there - may have to change that whenever our next trip is. I like the photo of Aria on Chris' shoulders - my hubby likes to carry our daughter that way also, but lately she's been clingy to me too. Must be something with the age :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food always looks SO good in all of these posts! I wish Disneyland had such good food! Or maybe I'm cheap and always go for the chicken strips and fries? LOL. Either way.. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely sunny day full of fun! Sounds like you got quite the workout carrying A around too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just amazed at the amount of "us-ies" Chris will participate in! Sean HATES the camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The boardwalk looks beautiful!! I want to gooooooo! What a PERFECT day! And to end the night with some night swimming? We have got to get a babysitter and go have some fun like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a late night swim! I would be totally done by 10pm too - she's such a flexible kid - 10pm?! That's so awesome you all got to enjoy the wedding so much! I want Chris's eclair and I love her little yellow outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a magical day!! Love that Aria went straight for Mickey!! She was too cute with Sulley too! lol :) The cocktail portion of the wedding looked incredible! What a beautiful place to celebrate!! (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.