Monday, May 5, 2014

Currently: May

Thinking about: our trip to Disney. Same 'thinking about' as last month, but a different Disney trip I promise. I'm extra super excited to be going to Disney World for 4 days starting Thursday. It will be Aria's first trip to Magic Kingdom, and I just know she is going to love it. Plus, we are staying three nights at Disney's Boardwalk and attending one of my oldest friend's wedding. She has always been my Disney partner in crime, and she has always wanted to get married at Disney so I'm super happy she can make it happen with a great guy! Now if I could just do something fun with my hair - honest I can't even do the easiest of hair styles. It is sad.

Working on: finding a red lipstick. Who knew it would be so hard?

Planning: my blog line up for the rest of the week. I'm actually on top of my blog calendar for once, and even have posts drafted. Geesh that never happens! I've got a couple guest post q&a sessions lined up for while I am away that I loved putting together with the help of some of my best blog buds.

Reading: 'the no-cry potty training solution' by Elizabeth Pantley. And, by reading, I mean it is sitting on my bedside table waiting to be read. Parenting books, not very riveting material.

Listening to: the sounds of my husband playing his online game. Chris and I use to game all the time pre-Aria. But, now he plays and I blog. *click click click*

Eating: nothing. But, I did make spaghetti and meatballs over the weekend and got a mall pretzel that Aria and I shared. mm mm.

Watching: nothing. I caught up with Mad Men and then had nothing to watch on Netflix so we canceled it. The next day I got an email saying the next season of Mad Men had been added to streaming. Just my luck, ha. I've also got American Hustle hanging out in it's Netflix envelope waiting to be watched. Never enough time.

Wanting: to be able to even just braid my hair. I spent a very disappointing nap time the other day trying out all sorts of 'super easy DIY hair styles' 'so easy a hamster could do it' hair tutorials. I could do exactly zero. My hair is long and thick and all it does is fall out of bobby pins. I was so frustrated. So, who wants to do my hair for my friend's wedding on Saturday? I'm sure I'll end up just straightening it and calling it a night, like always.

Making: many mental lists of things to pack for our trip. It would probably be much more effective if they were put to paper.

Feeling: like I am in trip limbo. Just far enough away that I can't start to pack, gather, get ready. But, just close enough that I really want to.

Loving: how easy it is to respond to blog emails via my new(ish) phone.

Thankful for: sunny days. I've always loved rain, but when rain means I'm stuck inside with Aria all day...I'm kind of over it quickly. Playing with toys and reading the same 10 board books over and over gets boring really fast. It is super nice to be able to just pop outside and play with the dogs, walk around the yard, go for a push car ride, or play in all the new water toys Aria has now. And, normally rain in Florida comes and goes quickly - just afternoon showers. But, the rain was all day for a while there. So, I am glad the sun came out again...never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Linking up with:
A Mama Collective
post signature

15 comments:

  1. Yay for trips! You guys are so great about making memories :) Red lipstick--ow ow...cannot wait to see!! I just finished the new season of Mad Men via Netflix as well. Ohhh Don...I am going to miss that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, trip limbo! We leave for vacation on Thursday and I've been packed for nearly 2 weeks, lol! Never to early to get those bags packed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you curl your hair and pull it into a low side pony? That looks super cute yet pulled together. :) although...with the humidity unless your hair already has some curl to it..might not be the best of options. :/ so excited to hear about the Magic Kingdom adventure once y'all return! Is Aria old enough for any rides? Ohhhh red lips? Get it girrrrrl! Such a cute link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see and hear about your vacation! I love the Boardwalk area - especially the bakery! :) With kids, there's never time to watch shows anymore; pretty sure that I've had a netflix movie sitting in our entertainment center for over a month now.

    And you made me hungry for a pretzel.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hear ya.. never enough time.
    Disney sounds awesome.. can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. now i want a mall pretzel. . . and a trip to disney. oh how i want a trip to disney!! and for FOUR days?! jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have so much fun at Disney! And definitely update us on the no cry potty solution! I'll be interested to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never enough time. Never. I'm also interested in hearing about the potty training. We haven't really started to think seriously about it yet. Jealous of you Disney trip! And definitely wish someone would come braid my hair now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a failure with my hair as well. I usually just let it air dry. I embrace my laziness. Lol. Excellent post. I always love these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terry and I used to play games too, but now that Maylee is here, we don't. Funny how you said you made spaghetti and meatballs coz I am eating spaghetti right now (leftover from what Terry made last night haha). I'm not sure why you're saying "I am on top of my blog calendar FOR ONCE" because as far as I know you have always been on top of it. I like that you post everyday. I wanna be like you when I grow up lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't soft pretzels from the mall the best???! I could eat like 3 for dinner and still want more in an hour, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Disney -- well not the trip limbo! Don't worry it will be time to pack soon enough! Love love Auntie pretzels! Must get Callie one next trip to the mall for a train ride!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I'm visiting from the Currently link-up. :) Parenting books really can be a drag, can't they? Good luck with potty training. The good news is, it will happen. The bad news is, many kids defy the "rules" and "tricks" of parenting books. ;)

    I can also relate to the hair dilemma! I have tried so many Pinterest 'dos, and they all are impossible for me. So, here I remain, a 33 year old mother who always has a messy bun or ponytail. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Disney wedding?! How fun! And I'm in the same "trip limbo" place so totally understand ya there. I also cannot braid to save my life. My older sister is always getting calls to help me out . Isn't it funny that some of us just can't grasp it. At lead tim choosing to see it as "funny". ;) thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Four days at Disney? I am jealous! Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.