Monday, April 21, 2014

The Easter Bunny Came to Town

We Easter-ed hard yesterday. Just take a look!

A water table (that we couldn't break in because it was too cold...I live in Florida still, right?), popper, and bunny board books oh my!

It was too funny watching her chuck the eggs (the hard boiled eggs) into her basket, which naturally shattered their shells. I think she cracked over half of them. I even had to boil more eggs for deviled eggs to go with dinner. I think she enjoyed herself though, so that's what counts.

The Easter Bunny left Aria a new jug of bubbles. He must have seen her making her bubble noises every time she saw her bubble machine and granted her wish. Pretty nice bunny.

Aria's grandma came over in the afternoon because the EB left a basket at her house for Aria too.
 
Did you notice the many outfit changes of the day? That's all me, I practically change her clothes every diaper change just because I feel like it. And, I wonder why I have to do laundry constantly.
The outside egg hunt wasn't as successful as the inside egg hunt. Aria found a few eggs and after much convincing put them in her basket and then was over it. O-V-E-R it. I have the video to prove it.

During all of our other Easter festivities we also made a Thanksgiving style Easter feast. We had a turkey left over from the low price after holiday specials in the freezer, so instead of ham we made a turkey with all the fixings. I would have been fine with just 4 or 5 of the honey yeast rolls though, they're my fave.

So, basically we had a great day.

I hope yours was as full of fun and eggs and too much candy.
post signature

21 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all her different outfits :) She's adorable! It looks like you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She has so many clothes it only makes sense to have 5 outfit changes per day! Ha, okay normally it is more like 2 or 3.

      Delete
  3. This is why I love Easter!! It just reminds us of all the good stuff that is to come..cold in Florida? And I was thinking about coming down to visit;) Love the bubble blower, my mom got one for Savanna but didn't get batteries..I'll be making a special trip to the store just for them today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys definitely did easter hard! Super adorable- Aria's a lucky little bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, your day was action packed, and looks like it was the best Easter!
    I had to chuckle at your "cold." We think 68 is too cold for things like the water table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had such a great time! Loved Aria's outfit changes! Also, love the water table - we need one for Arlo, he'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure did! So many cute clothes so little time this size, gotta get their uses in. I can't wait to try out the water table when dada gets home from work today, it is nice and warm and sunny out there today. Yesterday was a weird cool fluke. I see pics of kids enjoying their water tables a lot, I'm sure Arlo would love one!

      Delete
  7. The clothes changes are hilarious! That's funny, but I can totally see it, especially with a girl. I have a hard enough time with a boy. I think she looks like she was into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks =) I don't think she ever makes it from sun up to sun down in the same outfit. At nap time I like to keep her in something light, usually a onesie. And when she wakes up I change her into more of an outfit outfit, so it just snowballs and next thing I know there are 5 outfits in the laundry pile just from Aria. I wonder what she will think when she can articulate her wants this coming year, and what outfits she will want to wear herself.

      Delete
  8. I totally thought your water table was a ball table and I just realized those are Easter eggs in it!! I love that! you r a genius! bubbles are always a fun hit! I love your Easter spread yummy :) you always do the holidays right lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute. she went through like 4 different outfits.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun! We love our water table!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute photos!! And I LOVE your shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun Easter! I could live off of honey yeast rolls + butter too ;)
    Let me know how you guys like the water table, that sounds like a good bday present for Ezzy.

    The Joni Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! Oh yeah. So good, soooo good.
      We used the water table yesterday when it was nice and sunny out. Aria had a blast! It was so much fun watching her, it will definitely be getting a lot of use this summer =) I'm thinking Ez would love it too!

      Delete
  13. Looks like a wonderful Easter! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man you guys are hardcore about Easter!!! I'm so happy to see all your photos!

    http://scaifebabywatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, sure looks like that, huh? It wasn't as busy as the post makes it seem, we had a leisurely super full day =)

      Delete
  15. I LOVE this post capturing the FUN Easter you all enjoyed!!! What a day to remember! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Over it as in a meltdown? Please say we weren't the only ones! Ha! Love the picture of her in the pink shirt sitting in the grass. So so sweet! Did y'all hunt the boiled or the plastic eggs? Such a debate in our house. I had never heard of hunting for plastic eggs but apparently that's what my husband did growing up. He was practically disgusted by the thought of hiding hard boiled. (Or raw as he called them). Loved this post. Looks like y'all had such a special holiday! Don't you love how each one gets more and more delightful with the little ones!?! -xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.