Monday, April 28, 2014

Mommy & Me at the Zoo

We got passes to the zoo last year. And, since they are going to expire in a couple of days we wanted to take advantage of one more free trip to the zoo. Naturally Aria took a super long nap after a week of lame short ones and we almost missed the last admission. But, we hustled our butts there just in time and got a couple sections done before they kicked us out.

 I thought that on our last trip Aria was really into the animals. But, this trip she was really really into the animals. I pointed them all out and when she noticed them you could just see it in her expression. She waved at them and pointed and shouted. It was definitely a great last trip, although now I'm also like shoot maybe we should renew them because she is loving it finally.

 No giraffes to spot, but a couple gazelles (or something) wandering about.

She spotted a bird, one of those tall ones. I'm thinking I should have paid better attention to the signs. A fantastic tour guide, I am not.

Aria got a stroller fan in her second Easter basket, so we brought it along to test it out. I'm impressed with it, it gives off a nice amount of breeze for such a tiny thing. Aria won't stop grabbing it, but I'm hoping the appeal will wear off with continued exposure.

This one is a tortoise! You can see him toward the left, he was plotting his escape over the fence.

Since it was our last zoo trip, I wanted to walk through the bird enclosure. We normally skip it because birds make me nervous. They are totally lovely from a distance, but I really just don't see the appeal of being dive bombed by psychotic flapping creatures.

Aria liked it though, until one tried to take a finger off. But, she got over it quickly.

Chris was in his element. Communing with the birds and all. Nut.

I'd rather watch the warthogs. Much less flighty.

Since it was hitting closing time, we were shoo-ed out of the Australian spoke and Aria was so interested in the lady walking with us that she wouldn't even glance at the kangaroos or the emus. Kids.

Bonus video, 16 seconds of me being odd:
 
Have a great start to the week!

post signature

19 comments:

  1. How cute that she loved the Zoo even more! Loved the video clip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video! I should get Aiden one of those stroller fans for the summer too... good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you =) On those dry hot days in Colorado a little breeze would be perfection. I'm sure Aiden would appreciate it! I told Chris we needed to get a set for us and some sort of contraption to clip it to right by our faces. It would be very stylish.

      Delete
  3. Zoo is the best for kiddos! I loved it when Aiden finally noticed all the animals (for a while he couldn't see far or focus or whatever). But judging by the video, I think you might be having the most fun ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love our Zoo too. It looks like you all had fun. I TOTALLY agree with you on the birds and I laughed out loud ready it!
    Have a good week
    Ally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed out loud reading it ... not ready it .....

      Delete
    2. I think the birds enjoy being annoying too. They practically dive bomb you and fly right past your head. Terrible. I like the ones that don't get too close or screech the whole time and you can watch without having a panic attack =)

      Delete
  5. What a fun zoo! We went this weekend to our zoo as well, but we don't have Rhinos! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! I love the zoo (as do my kids) I just like to go in cooler months because it's too hot down here right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait until I have kiddos to take to the zoo one day - I will probably enjoy it more than them!! :) happy Monday, girlfriend!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never go wrong taking a trip to the zoo! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw so sweet!!! The reactions get better and better!! Love that Aria was even more excited. So funny that you remembered the animal in the one Chris was looking at and couldn't remember the animals in the ones you were watching. Ha! It's mom brain! Have a happy week! And no more lame short naps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got totally sidetracked at a stroller fan! What will they think of next. Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks so engaged in all the animals I love it! I need it to warm up a little more so I can take Callie to the zoo! Stroller fan = GENIUS MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun little trip to the zoo! The last time we went Marcus was just a year old, and hadn't the slightest idea what was going on. This makes me want to pack him up and get him to the zoo asap. I know he would love it.

    I'm right there with you on the whole bird thing. Except, I'm totally terrified of them. Birds are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun! I love that you guys are always doing fun things with Aria and making so many memories. She'll cherish these pictures and videos when she's older. :)) Oh and birds freak me the freak out! I like to look at them and most of them are pretty...but I don't like to be that close to them. I usually let Nate and Mase do the bird exhibit! ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saved that link to the stroller fan - thanks! It looks like Aria had a great time! Seeing new things through your children's eyes really is the best thing ever.

    I so cannot wait for the weather to warm up here so we can start going to the zoo by us, so I'm very envious that you are wearing shorts and flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such cute photos. We're big Zoo fans too. Mac loves the ducks (the one animal that he can see anywhere). :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.