Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's the Little Things :: 11

One of the goodies that the Easter Bunny left was a water table for Aria. I'd planned on having a water table this spring/summer for months, so it is pretty nice of EB to bring it for her. To me playing outside in the water is the quintessence of childhood. I have so many memories of running through the sprinklers with my cousins as a kid, or splashing around by the ocean, or having a ball in one of those small kiddie pools. It is just one of those simple pleasures you experience as a kid that I'd imagine is a pretty universal thing.

Aria has been a water baby from her very first bath so I just knew she would have a blast with any type of water play. Since it was in the 60s on Easter, and way too cold for us Floridians to be playing in water, we had to wait a day to break in the water table. And, it was everything I'd been hoping for. Aria was a little wary of the whole thing at first, but then warmed right up to it as soon as she realized she got to make a big mess. Plus, she couldn't be any cuter in her new bathing suit the EB also tucked in her basket.

We waited for dada to come home from work and splish splashed until dinner time. It was fun for everybody, because when your kid is delighted it is impossible not to be delighted yourself (even if that is the delight of throwing cucumbers on the floor when you really shouldn't and mama and dada just told you not too...sometimes you just can't resist that naughty grin). Naturally I captured a little video of it, take a look.
Linking up with Ashley at Words About Waverly and Jess at Sadie Sky Boutique:
littlethingslogo
post signature

19 comments:

  1. OMG. Her little swimsuit is SOOOO cute on her!! The water table looks like SO much fun!! Here's to it warming up so it gets all kinds of use! What a great Easter Bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Baby swim suits are my favourite! I'm sure it will get the heck used out of it all summer long! Probably want it a little less warm by then though =)

      Delete
  2. Love this!!!!! Such a generous Easter Bunny you have ;) he brought a gift for mama and baby! The sweet relief Lily's water table brings is ah-maz-ing. So guiltless too because it is fun and learning! Win/win for us all!!!! Adorable video!! -xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. the water table is such a hit!! i'm loving that such a simple thing is something the kids love so so much! lex now climbs INTO her table and goes "swimming". . . IN HER CLOTHES. so an adorable swimsuit is always a good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water table is a great idea! I'm thinking I need to buy one of those this summer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you probably do =) Such a simple thing that has so much fun potential!

      Delete
  5. Yeah that swimsuit is crazy adorable! I have such fun childhood memories of playing in the water too- I think it is universal

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and her swimsuit is totally fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that water table looks pretty awesome to me too! And so smart for the swimsuit idea. I've just been letting callie play with it while in her clothes and they are soaked every time! And I love how "the 60s are too cold for us Flordians" Callie had us out on the patio Easter morning when it was only 45! Luckily it warmed up later in the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an adorable little swimsuit!! Looks like the EB did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's having so much fun, adorable! Now I want one too :)

    The Joni Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I wrote this with you in mind! We'll probably be breaking it out right after nap time again today!

      Delete
  10. Stopping by from the link up.
    She looks adorable in her little suit! Water tables are one of the best kid toys ever! Mine made its way through 3 kids and will be passed down to our 4th when he's old enough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that it's crazy hot here in Texas, I am so excited to spend hours in the water. Connor hasn't experience water in his water table.. right now it's full of sand but man oh man, he is going to love life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours has a spot for sand and then the lower part for water. Honestly it just sounds super messy to me. But, I hadn't even though of ALL sand. That will be great in the winter so it can be used year round. Such a smart mommy you are =)

      Delete
  12. That water table looks so fun! I'm dying to get Mason one... I saw a Jake and the Neverland Pirates one at Costco and am desperately trying to convince my husband that we NEED it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Water tables are the best! We've had ours for well over a year and it still provides an abundance of entertainment.
    And, holy smokes Aria and her little swim suit - SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's such a cutie pie!! I adore her sweet lit'l swimsuit!! I'm sure she'll have MUCH fun with her new water table! (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. So stinkin' cute! Love her little swimsuit!!! Love that she's a little water baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.