Saturday, April 12, 2014

Historical-ness: Our Wedding Day - part two

Alright, yesterday I left off with our simple wedding ceremony (if you missed it click here). Today will be the recap of our wedding trip/unofficial reception at Epcot.

So, after we were married (and had celebratory donuts) we took off for Disney along with 10 of our friends.
Our first stop was to Disney's Boardwalk Inn, our home for the next four days, to check in and to check out our room.
We met up with everybody else at the United Kingdom pavilion at Epcot where we were having lunch at the Rose & Crown pub. I'm not a fan of mushy peas. Our waiter was the best though, and he even had everybody sign a congratulatory note for us. Oh, and I got a call from Mickey Mouse when we entered the park too. He just wanted to give us his best wishes for a happy marriage, what a guy...er, mouse.
After that we just enjoyed our day in the park. Making our way around the world, posing for group pictures, riding a ride here and there, receiving a lot of congratulations from cast members and guests alike, and drinking. We had a loose goal of drinking around the world, and we definitely didn't reach that goal. We made it to Germany before calling it a night and eating dinner before retiring to our resort.

A few highlights:

It isn't a trip to Epcot without a viewing of O'Canada!
Figment fun!
Captain EO randomness.
Margaritas in Mexico.
And, a few of my favourite photo pass pictures.
We had so much fun spending the day at Disney with (most of) our closest friends and celebrating our marriage. And, we've been back every year on our anniversary except last year - when Aria was 4 months old and we weren't brave enough (or awake enough).

Hopefully as you read this Aria will be having the best time celebrating with us for her first ever trip to a Disney World park! I'm beyond thrilled to be taking her to my favourite place, and if you want to follow along I'm sure I will be posting a picture or two to my (new) instagram - @baxzarilos.

If you want to catch up with the rest of the historical-ness series check out these past posts: 1: How We Met, 2: The First Three Years, 3: Baxter, 4: Lizzy, 5: Life in Colorado, 6: First Summer Back in Florida, 7: Our Last Months Before We Got Married, and 8: Our Wedding Day - part one.
post signature

13 comments:

  1. Such a fun reception! Love the white Mickey ears! Hope Aria is hing a blast!!! And y'all too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost wore them again this weekend for our anniversary, but then I remember how annoying they were to keep on top of my head...just kept slipping backwards all day. My head must be sloped =) Aria loved the rides - I even got a little teary on her first one because she was just so visibly loving it. My heart grew a few sizes. Epcot isn't super kid-riding friendly so there were only a handful we went on, so now I am super excited for the billions at Magic Kingdom she can ride on. It is gonna rock her little socks off!

      Delete
  2. So adorable and fun. I can't stand when weddings turn out to be all drama and stress and not that much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm hm. It is just plain silly when everybody feels like they should have input into somebody else's wedding. Things get a little dicey when money starts getting involved though. What is that saying...something about too many heads? or too many cooks in the kitchen? I've only heard stories though, never seen it first hand.

      We just wanted to make it easy on ourselves and have a good time.

      Delete
  3. This looks like so much fun!! I especially enjoy drinking around the world. I have never seen O Canada. It the EO thing!!! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only managed to drink around the world in one go once. And, it definitely won't be happening now that I'm a super lightweight after being pregnant and nursing for the last 34 years or so. I meant to try that ice cream martini they have in France but completely forgot about it in the presence of chocolate ice cream macaroon sandwiches. Next time =)

      What? How can you not have seen O Canada? haha, it is so campy it is awesome. Do you stop in any of the movies? We did impressions in France so Aria could run around in the back, and she ended up getting a dirty diaper out of the way...or maybe that was her opinion. She did like the dogs that run by though.

      ooh question! Do you stay for fireworks with your kids? Keeping Aria up past her bedtime just seems like no fun...she was loopy by 730 at Epcot so we left. How do people get their kids to stay up so late?

      Delete
  4. I love that you guys went to Disney! I have always wanted to wear that Groom/Bride Mickey/Minnie ears, but I've always thought I didn't have the right to because I wasn't getting married at the time. I'm kinda jealous right now! (ok, totally hahaha) By the way, I am following your new instagram now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should just go for it =) Wear the ears! Go either on/near your anniversary or just go and say it is in honor of your anniversary (even if you go no where near the date) and then it is totally fine! Nobody will mind. I wanted to wear the ears again for our anniversary but they fall off my head and start to get annoying so I decided against it. I meant to get a pin though but it completely slipped my mind, I always like the celebration pins. Aria didn't even get a first visit pin...I think I will lie next time and get one. I mean come on, she needs one! =)

      Thanks for following. I'm super happy to have a non-stupid phone now. So much fun.

      Been missing you in blogland lately. Hurry up with your moving lady!

      Delete
  5. Love this - It looks like a really good time, and that's what it's all about!! And I love the ears!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you really love Epcot huh?! I haven't spent much time there to compare it to the other parks;) looks like you guys had a blast and what a fun way to recapture your anniversary each year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it!!! What a fabulous (unofficial) reception!!! I absolutely love that you go back every year to celebrate your anniversary (with the very understandable exception of last year ;)) Thanks for sharing!! I so enjoyed hearing about your wedding and seeing these snapshots from that exciting time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love y’alls wedding ears!! Too cute! Looks like a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.