Friday, April 11, 2014

Historical-ness: Our Wedding Day - part one

Chris and I will have been together for 11 years tomorrow, and married for 3. April 12th was our dating anniversary so we choose to get married on April 12th as well. Our wedding was very simple, we went to the clerk of courts and had our ceremony. Doesn't get easier than that.

I hated wedding planning, and finding something we could afford was making me pull my hair out. So at the last minute we decided to do it as simple as it comes at the clerk of courts. Both of us wanted a small wedding, and in the end it was even bigger than I pictured. We invited our family and closest friends to join us, and I think we had 15 with us that day. 
 
We arrived to the clerk of courts bright and early, right when they opened. We thought that they would just marry us right there in the room at one of the little windows, so the whole gang filed in behind us. But, after we filled out the necessary papers we were told we could do the ceremony outside if we wanted to.
 So, outside is where we went.
And, we were married under the oak tree. Of course the moment he started I began crying.
A kiss to make it official.
Our wedding party, Silvana and Kiel. Aria's godparents now. They are the best like that.
We took a couple (hundred) group shots.
Husband and wife!
Helping each other to have a sweet life with celebratory donuts.
Up next we hit the road for Epcot accompanied by our best buds. A party of twelve for the twelfth. (I'm pretty sure I only made that random connection right now) So, check back for part two tomorrow while we are spending the day at Epcot in celebration!

If you want to catch up with the rest of the historical-ness series check out these past posts: 1: How We Met, 2: The First Three Years, 3: Baxter, 4: Lizzy, 5: Life in Colorado, 6: First Summer Back in Florida, and 7: Our Last Months Before We Got Married.
post signature

22 comments:

  1. :) very intimate with just close friends and family! Glad your day was lovely and you were able to do it outside! Happy Friday! P.s you dress was cute, hope you still wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much! I got the dress because I thought it was perfect to wear again, and yet I haven't managed it! I keep going back and forth 'I should wear it' then 'oh but maybe I should keep it special'. Ha. I've gotta man up and put it on again.

      Delete
  2. Your dress is adorable! I'm obsessed with ruffles! So funny that you guys have been together for 11 years and married for 3. Nick and I have been together for 12 and almost married for 3:)

    Weddings are OVERrated. And this is coming from a girl who had a BIG one. I wish I would have listened to my heart and went to an island to get married, but our parents pitched fits and I ended up losing some close family members because of it.. wanna know who your real friends are? Plan a wedding. Seriously. It's awful.

    Congrats on 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me forever to find that dress too, but it was love at first sight! Ha, that is funny - we are just about the same. I had to do the math to figure out the 'dating' anniversary. At least I remembered the wedding one.

      Thank you =)

      Delete
  3. Aw! I love this post! My husband and I had a super small chapel wedding. I love how intimate the small weddings are. I love that your husband wore shorts! Y'all stayed true to yourselves and that's perfect! It's about the marriage not the wedding! Love it!!! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love that he wore pink shorts. We were looking for a green polo, and at one store I spotted the pink shorts and told him (joking) he should wear those. He went with it and tried em on and it was just perfect =) But, exactly we just did what we wanted with limited fuss.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Celebratory donuts! I totally love it!

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seemed fitting =) Sadly we left the leftovers in our car in the hot Florida sunshine when we went to Epcot. Oops. So many wasted donuts.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I love small weddings and it's so nice to hear of another couple married in a registrar office! My husband and I had a similar wedding, married in the registrar office - wish we had celebratory donuts though, we had noodle soup! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that makes me happy that you had a court house wedding too! We didn't have a whole lot of money at the time and we wanted to allocate what we could to going to Disney after, so it made perfect sense. I don't know - noodle soup sounds like a fun wedding treat, unusual which makes it a fun memory.

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donuts = perfection! Happy Anniversary! Love your shoes btw (red right?)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donuts just make everything better! Thank you =) Yup red ones. I wanted gold but had absolutely no luck. Then I found the red and loved them anyway, so it worked!

      Delete
  8. Awww...happy anniversary weekend!! What a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this sounds perfect. Although I'm sure my parents would have murdered me. We originally wanted a destination wedding and ended up with a big one. But it had to be done I guess. And it was fun. So there's that. Disney for a celebration sounds about right to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how many people are pressured into a certain wedding from family. Weddings can be a total nut show. Sometimes just nice to have it out of the way and start that blissful and sometimes bumpy road of marriage. I would have been down for a big ol' wedding as long as somebody else planned it with my exact tastes and also somebody else paid for it. I'll pick the dress and shoes and show up.

      Delete
  10. Celebratory donuts! Love it! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a day late, but Happy Anniversary!!
    Love that you celebrated with donuts and Epcot!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like it was a beautiful day!! Happy (belated) Anniversary!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.