Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happiest Birthday Weekend Extravaganza - Part One

(because there was too much fun for just one post!)
 
We kicked off my Birthday on Saturday and didn't stop until we all crawled into bed yesterday. I don't remember ever celebrating my Birthday for so long and with so many fun little adventures. Now that I have Aria though I love to do festive odds and ends any chance I get. So we partied hard in honor of my 28th year. Just see for yourself...
 
I just don't think it is a Birthday celebration without a Birthday breakfast that involves me not cooking. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, so I wouldn't turn down the chance to devour something covered in fruit and whipped cream. We hit up Mimi's for some big round booth time - Aria's favourite. And, a big ol cinnamon roll too - mommy's (and Aria's) favourite. Coloring with dada and learning French was just the cherry on top of a yummy morning.
After breakfast we stopped by the zoo. It was just a stone's throw away, so why not? It was Aria's first time playing in the play ground section. Naturally she face planted on the bridge and came home with a scratched nose and a bruise under her eye. (Poor baby, I just wanna give her face kisses every time I see it. So, really not much change from every other day...) It was also her first time getting hands on with the beasties in the petting zoo section. She gave one of the goats several hugs, loves handing out hugs to the furry things. We made a pass by the fish, checked out the giraffes, and then headed home for a nap. (The picture on the turtle kills me.)
After nap time and a few errands we grabbed some dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. Aria is totally into all this March Madness business. And, she even came home with a new pet - a doxie balloon animal named Donut.
An excellent Birthday Eve Eve if I do say so myself!
On Sunday morning we woke up, tossed a bunch of fruit into a bag, and popped over to the beach. It was a decently chilly morning though so hot chocolate would have been a welcome addition over icy water. We chowed down on our eats, and then ran around in the sand for a cold second before packing up and heading back home.
My family's traditional Birthday get together is dinner at our local Mexican restaurant on the 30th. My mom's Birthday is on the 29th and mine is on the 31st so we celebrate on the 30th, right in between, with tacos. mmm, tacos.
And, then we head back to our home for gifts and cookie cake. Aria was super helpful this year lending a hand with card opening, present paper ripping, candle blowing, and cookie cake eating. I got Ree Drummond's new holiday cookbook, among other goodies, this year - excited to sink my teeth into that!
I was worn out from all the festiveness over the weekend that I called it a night early. I had to rest up to keep going on Monday for my actual Birthday. Very blessed I am! I'm not sure I've ever been more happy than I am right now with my little family - Chris and Aria have completed my heart. Can't ask for more than that!

And, that concludes part one. Part two is even more full of happiness! (Teaser - we spent the day on Disney property) Be sure to keep an eye out for that post.

Happy April Fool's Day! Chris said I should pull a prank, but I'm just not that great of a joker. Anybody have any fun April Fool's stories to share? Maybe it'll inspire me  - share in the comments!
 
post signature

20 comments:

  1. So much fun!!! What a memorable birthday weekend/birthday!! Happy for ya, Courtney! Can't wait to read part two!!! ;)
    I'm not a great joker either, but I did share a Disney themed April Fools' Day post today - couldn't resist! (: ... Have a great day! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best birthday I've ever had! I've never had more fun now that I have my little family to celebrate with me. I know they say people with kids are less happy, but it baffles me. I've never been so full of happy! I think I'll keep her =)
      Loved your April Fools post! I'm not creative enough to think of silly somethings like that, so I'm glad other people can and share it! Makes my job easier. Another fave I saw was this dinner idea...http://dixiedelights.blogspot.com/2013/04/april-fools-silly-supper-sideshow-free.html . I've got that bookmarked for a few years down the road for Aria.

      Delete
  2. SUCH a fun birthday weekend!!! AND there's a part two. . i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I relished having an excuse to just go everywhere and make our daily happenings a little more fun, like breakfast at the beach. You have to eat breakfast, so why not enjoy it at the ocean?!

      Delete
  3. Aw, love this post! And cookie cake? Sign me up. Twice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookie cake is my jam! I wish it lasted longer than 3 days because I feel like I have to eat all of it all the time so it doesn't go to waste. I at least remembered to send off a nice chunk to family this year though. It is too bad I couldn't send a piece, or two =), to every single reader!

      Delete
  4. Aria is such a sweet little helper, and Happy birthday mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) She even helped me sort out laundry this morning. Normally she is the opposite of helpful when it comes to laundry, some might even call it downright unhelpful. I had quite the pile of clothes to fold because psh like I was going to do that over my birthday weekend?! no! I don't think I've had such an easy time of folding since she was born. She helped sort, and then played sweetly with her toys a few feet away. Blow me over with a feather!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday weekend! What a fun action-packed weekend you guys had! I'm jealous of all the amazing food, beach time and tacos. Mmmm...tacos. Please have some extra cake for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) I've never really been a go go go type of person. I love sitting at home having downtime, but now that I have Aria all I want to do is go to all the places and do all the things. It is so much more fun with a kid I guess. I'll see how I feel about that after her first public tantrum...
      Oh, no worries, I had extra cake for every single person who stopped by the blog! I can roll both ways.

      Delete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY weekend to you! Looks like it was a fabulous way to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Who has more fun than mamas? (probably mamas with a nanny, maid, cook, and money to burn...) But, really I love doing things with Aria. She makes the ordinary extraordinary. Feeling very blessed this year! I am not even sure what I did last year for my birthday. Hopefully slept!

      Delete
  7. What a fabulous way to celebrate! Can you send some of that cookie cake this way? And a cinnamon roll and BW3s?! Sign me up! I'm glad you are teaching your daughter well about March Madness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was! I think Chris would appreciate one of those lazy do nothing weekends on his day off soon...but not gonna happen soon. Back to Orlando next weekend, then Disney, then Easter...I think maybe after that we can plan a no plan day =) Funny how you have to plan those type of things, or at least I do!
      I sure wish I could send some cookie cake to all the lovelies who stopped by the blog on my birthday! It would have made it easier for me to not eat allllll of it.

      Delete
  8. Looks like Aria had a blast! She is such a doll. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than tripping on the bridge I think Aria had a lovely weekend! I just love watching her have fun and explore and see/do new things.

      Delete
  9. LoL. I actually thought you were going to say, at the end of your post, that it wasn't even your birthday. You know, for April Fools. ha! It looks like yall had a blast! I love the picture of Aria lounging in your lap while you are opening a gift! HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Can't wait for part 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, now THAT would have been a good April Fools! I'm not that good =) If my birthday weren't actually the day before April 1st I would totally do something like that. Somebody should, you do it - next year, make a note!

      Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!

      Delete
  10. How great! So glad you had a good birthday weekend. Happy Birthday friend! We love going to the zoo. Love all of your pictures! Sure signs of a great time. And the beach? So jealous!! Love your orange/coral shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think Chris has been itching to take Aria to that play zone since the start. I was just like 'no...what are you going to do? Carry her through the whole thing?' Now that she can walk through it though of course our zoo pass is about to expire. Since we just got Disney passes I'm not sure if we will renew the zoo. Only so many hours to spend doing fun things!
      Those shorts are the jcrew 3 inch chinos! Love em.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.