Friday, April 25, 2014

Five on Friday: The Second Coming of Easter, Pizza, and Cat Stories

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Linking up with the good life blog, Carolina Charm, A. Liz Adventures, and Hello! Happiness today to share five random tidbits from the week. I also deep cleaned the living room and gave the cat a bath, just in the name of being thorough.
Somebody kind of forgot that when you order things online they take a few days to get to you. I'll give you a hint, it was me. I picked out a few things for Aria's Easter basket, but they didn't get here until four days after Easter. You win some, you lose some. The water table arrived in time, and a couple little things I had been saving from Target too. Plus, she made out like a bandit from everybody else that sent Easter goodies. So her Easter wasn't spartan or anything, don't worry!
But, the rest of her basket arrived during her nap so I made up her Easter basket again and let her find it after she woke up.
She went right for her new book and bunny.
And, then she got me to put her new shoes on. Too bad they are way too big right now.
I'm thinking she didn't mind having two days of Easter baskets.
 
Now that I can pull up recipes on my phone I've been much more motivated to cook lately. I made classic waffles and garlicky pizza crust cheese pizza just yesterday.
Classic Waffles
Garlicky Pizza Crust Cheese Pizza
 
Aria and I made an Easter canvas that I never managed to share. Mainly because I never got around to writing "Hoppy Easter" at the bottom. And, I haven't done that yet because my hand writing is terrible and the end result is never as pretty as I want. So, who wants to paint on "Hoppy Easter" for me? There is leftover pizza in it for you!
 
Lizzy decided to have some sort of allergic reaction to something a couple days ago. Toward the end of the day I noticed that her muzzle was gigantic, like horse sized big. I'm not sure what she got into or if something stung her, but it did not look pleasant. She also developed lumpy bumps all over her head and back. They don't seem to bother her at all though, and her face is just about back to regular Lizzy size. My poor lady.
 
Aria spotted the cat under the end table yesterday, which is a rarity normally he hides away in my closet all the live long day. So, she flopped down to say hello.
Then, she thought he looked like he could really use a story.
And, then she wondered what she had gotten herself into.
Have a fabulous weekend! Try not to get stuck under too many end tables.
 
post signature

24 comments:

  1. the bottom picture gave me a good laugh, kids don't over think anything, do they? haha I love that she's modeling her new shoes, even if they're too big. Better then being too small! and yay for two Easter baskets..lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry everything didn't make it on time, but it sounds to me like she had twice the fun receiving gift goodness both on Easter and a few days later! :) The snapshot of her smiling and holding her new bunny & book melts my heart! Too cute! :) I'm not sure I could really concentrate enough to read beyond #2 {lol} *drooling!* YUM!!! The Easter canvas turned out adorable! I'll be right over to paint those letters for ya -- in exchange for some yumminess - lol ;) What a fun post!! Have a great weekend, Courtney! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I'm happy I came across your blog via the link-up. She is an absolute doll!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two Easter baskets? I wouldn't complain either man! I love the ears on that sweet bunny... And poor pup! I feel like our dog got that way once after bee stings? He's allergic or something. But I'm glad the pup is feeling better and almost back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha love the cat pictures! Can't believe she got under there! That dress is too cute on her btw! You always come up with the cutest hand and foot print crafts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That canvas is SO CUTE!! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That print!! Oh my gosh, so cute. And that food looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids never seem to notice if their Easter basket came on time or not. Or late. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Send the canvas my way and I'll put the "Hoppy Easter" for you! hah, then again it's gonna cost you just to send it! It's so hilarious whenever kids get themselves into something and they don't realize til they have to get out, and they're like "uh-oh! Help, mom!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, you can tell em it is a bad idea all you want but never helps! She quick got herself right back out though.

      Delete
  10. She is so cute!!! And your meals look great, happy Friday!!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You put awesome stuff in her Easter Basket!! I am in love with SKR shoes, but they totally run huge. Bummer!

    That print is SO sweet. I LOVE it!! I'd be worried about messing it up with my handwriting too :/ That's a lot of pressure! Could you maybe stamp it or something instead?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughter and your pup are the cutest!! I LOVE the artwork you made! Super cute!!!


    visiting from the 5 on friday linkup
    stop by: mitchalycia.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm a nut for hand and foot print art. So cute.

      Delete
  13. Love that Easter canvas. What a wonderful idea. Also...those waffles and that pizza!!!??!!! YUM! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, I love the picture of her underneath the coffee table - too funny! Both the waffles and pizza look SO good right now, and that print is adorable! I'll definitely be pinning that! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she didn't think that one through too well. But, she got herself back out and hasn't been back so I suppose that works. She sits in front now and waves at the cat.
      Thank you =) I love making a hand or foot print canvas for each holiday. It is a slight addiction now, good thing it is a cute one.

      Delete
  15. Aria is too precious! Love her kicked out side leg when modeling the shoes! And I love your sass in the opening blurb! Ha poor Lizzie!!! That is so sad when animals get sick. :( those waffles looks DELISH! Oh and that canvas is way too adorable! I think it looks perfect how it is. I've seen a lot of foot print art but haven't ever seen that idea. Love it. -xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aria is a cutie! :) Love the canvas

    ReplyDelete
  17. That plate and bowl set is SO cute! I love it! And that canvas you made...genius. I always forget to do things like that and then regret it because I'm sure in a few years I'm going to wish I had a cute keepsake of how small (or big!) Mason's feet are at this age!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love her under the table -- so fun and the oh no mommy help help! Yay for extending the easter holiday too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That bunny is precious! I love the print in the ears. And Aria is so adorable showing off her new shoes!! That canvas came out great! If you don't want to write on it you could always get sticker letters or stencil some painted letters on it! And hope your sweet girl (pup) is back to normal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.