Friday, April 4, 2014

Five on Friday: DIY Easter Ideas

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Linking up with the good life blog, Carolina Charm, A. Liz Adventures, and Hello! Happiness today to share the Easter DIY-ing I've been up to and a few bonus ideas for more.
 
Materials:
-Styrofoam wreath
-Yarn (any will work)
-Spray adhesive
-optional: flower embellishments (I got these stickers from the dollar section at Target)

How to:
Directions on A Million Moments.

Note:
The spray adhesive is a decently sized mist, so I did most of this one outside. I also only did one pass around the wreath with the yarn, I thought it looked sloppy when I started to layer on top.

Materials:
-Yarn, string, twine etc (Whatever you want to hang the bunny butts on. I used yarn.)
- Felt (I used the squares you can find at craft stores in all sorts of colours)
-Bunny template (I used the one here)
-Poms
-hot glue

How to:
Directions on A Girl and Her Sparkles.

Note:
Don't forget to glue on the bunny tails prior to hanging your garland, not that I forgot to myself or anything...
Materials:
-Fishing line
-50 plastic eggs with holes on each end
How to:
Directions on Eclectically Vintage. This method on Every Day Cheer looks promising too.

Note: 
I find fishing line super easy to work with when it comes to stringing. I did the double hole method as described in the link above for one garland, and then made a second garland stringing just through one hole. The double hole method was more time consuming, but easier to tie and hang. The single hole method took a fraction of the time, but was a pain in the butt to tie and hang. Can't have everything I guess.
Materials:
-yarn or ribbon
-paper, card stock, foam etc eggs
-stapler
How to:
Simply cut out your desired length in yarn or ribbon. And then staple eggs along its length. It is fast, easy, and cheap. I practically always make a garland for the holidays with this method, and I can always find cute shapes from jo ann's.
Note:
Sorry about the dark picture. I forgot to snap one during the day.
[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 ]

Have a lovely weekend! 
post signature

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Courtney!! LOVING all of these fabulous projects!! Nicely done! ;) Thanks for sharing! ... Wishing your cute family a fantastic upcoming weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never decorated for Easter before other than when I was a kid I got to put up window clings, which I loved. I don't know why I didn't jump on board before this year, it makes me smile to see all the pastels all over the place! And, Aria loves to take down the window clings =)

      Have a lovely Friday and an even lovelier weekend! As always thanks for popping over!

      Delete
  2. your so adorably crafty. and i LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you =) My husband looked at my cart after I grabbed all the plastic eggs I wanted, and he was completely baffled why I wanted so many! I was like because...garland, duh!! I've also got some hanging from our dining room chandelier, and a basket full for Aria to make a mess of, and left overs for an egg hunt! I think I'm set forever now.

      Delete
  3. You are definitely in the Easter spirit, friend! Trying to kick my butt into gear! :) Love all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I am missing is a basket full of candy that I do not need but would eat way too much of!

      The bunny butts are my fave, but took the longest - although I spread out the cutting over 3 days. I have a longer one above a mirror. 24 bunny butts! Aria's favourite animal is a bunny, so we look at them often. She is probably like...those aren't real mom where is the real one?

      Delete
  4. Love that bunny garland!!! The cotton tail is too cute :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it too much?! I knew I wanted to make that as soon as I saw it! Love it so much.

      Have the best weekend!

      Delete
  5. Love all these ideas! Your house must look so festive right now :)

    The Joni Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, colourful plastic eggs everywhere you turn =) I love it!

      Delete
  6. How cute!! You are so crafty! I wish I had the patience and energy to do these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so crafty! I love it! I wish you could come decorate my house for Easter! (and every holiday!) That egg wreath is calling my name though... might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the plastic easter egg one! Very fun! I don't know if we'll craft for easter this year but saving that one for the future for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.