Thursday, April 10, 2014

15th & 16th Month Favourites

[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 ]

1. B. Tropicleania - The moment Aria saw a broom she was hooked, so I knew this little set would be a hit. Not to mention much easier to carry around (plus more sanitary) than the grown up version. I don't think a day goes by that she doesn't play with it. Mainly the broom piece, but she likes the other two pieces as well.

2. Bubbles - Such a hit. What kid doesn't love bubbles? We have this blower one for those times when you really just need a ton of bubbles, but the little bottles are just as fun. Aria will sit on my lap and pump the wand in the bottle and then hold it up so I can blow on it. Always cute, always a little messy.

3. Play tent - Aria got this for her first birthday, great grandma made it for her (the link is just an etsy search,  not this specific one). But, she is really starting to like playing in it now. Plus, I think it is just darling sitting in her nursery - I would have moved the rocking moose out of the way had I known the picture was going to be used for this, I just thought Lizzy was cute laying in the flap.
 
4. Board books - One of Aria's favourites of the moment is her Winnie the Pooh colors book. And, it is my favourite that she loves looking through her books so much these days. Although, Christopher Robin likes the grey lolly? Sounds gross to me.
 
5. Plastic Easter eggs - I saw a fellow blogger set extra plastic eggs in a basket for their kid to play with and thought 'hey, good idea'. They get played with every day. Fun, cheap, and festive.

6. Zoli Bot - This one is Aria's favourite sippy because she can flip the lid back and forth all the live long day. My only complaint is that sometimes when you pop the lid water shoots out of the straw from the pressure build up. I tend to unscrew it first, pop the lid, then rescrew it back together before I hand it to Aria so I know it won't soak everything. Science.

7. Boogie Wipes - The love for this product is twofold. For one, it sucks out boogies like a pro and the grape smells awesome. For two, Aria loves to hold the container during diaper changes and point to the kid and pop the lid on and off. Entertaining and efficient!

8. Cloud B Twilight Turtle - Aria got this for her Birthday and it has been a favourite from that moment, but it kept slipping my mind when I wrote out my month favourite lists. I remembered this time! It is such a neat night light. My favourite is the setting where the stars change from colour to colour to colour. It is mesmerizing. When Aria was still nursing before bed I'd turn this on and end up zoning out staring at it. I turn it on every night at bed time along with her sleep sheep, and when the stars hit the ceiling Aria always notices them.
post signature

17 comments:

  1. LOVE THAT TENT! I wanted to get something similar for Savanna. Boogie Wipes are a fav in this house. Always have to have some handy! YES to the plastic eggs. During our Easter Shoot our photographer had Savanna playing with some plastic eggs and she just loved it..so I bought some and have them in a basket for her to play with. She does all the time. I'll put them away after Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids love little spots for themselves, so I'm thinking she will enjoy that tent for years to come. I had a little plastic tent that I played with for years. I'd set it up for sleepovers too and put some sleeping bags inside and me and my friends would sleep in there.
      The eggs will definitely go away after Easter. Fun, but they sure spread out!

      Delete
  2. I need that broom set! Liam is obsessed with sweeping, but our big one is just way too much for him to handle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny Aria would find other peoples' brooms when we visited elsewhere too and steal them. This one is much more her size! Although she does decently when she get her little paws on the big one too, but smaller means less knocking everything off tables =) I bet Liam would enjoy it since he loves sweeping too!

      Delete
  3. Boogie wipes are a lifesaver right?? I've been eyeing that nightlight too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are! I'm bummed we ran out of the grape ones and just have the plain ones left. I need to pick up some in those handy to go packs too. Never leave home without wipes! My new motto =)

      I love the turtle. I had stars on my ceiling as a kid so it is probably nostalgia, but I think it is pretty.

      Delete
  4. Yay! I love your favorite lists! I must check out those sippy cups. Love your play tent!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I give it the edge over my previous favourite sippy the momma lansinoh one. Just wish it didn't erupt. I'm so glad my grandmother is crafty and can sew, because the prices were hard to swallow on etsy. Plus, I think it will be nice to have something like that that Aria's great grandma made, sentimental! I love it myself =)

      Delete
  5. We introduced Mia to bubbles this week and she looooooved them!
    I MUST get this little broom set! Mia is obsessed with ours (and I hate letting her play with it, ew!) but a couple days ago I was sweeping the kitchen and Mia came running inside, grabbed the tiny broom and dust pan, and tried sweeping my pile into it :) ha!
    I've been wondering about a tent! I think Mia needs one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet she did! I can totally picture that big smile of hers too. I love how entertaining and cheap bubbles are.

      Yes, exactly! The real broom is pretty gross, I much prefer this one that is all her own. That is too cute that she tried to help, how did it go? Is Mia the official home sweeper now? Aria likes to put my shoes in the entry way, whenever we come in from out back I'll take them off so she can trot them over to the baby gate and slide them under into the foyer. Kids are too funny with their love for helping.

      I think I still like hanging out in the tent more than Aria but she is definitely enjoying it more and more. I'd bet Mia would love it, if not now than definitely in a couple months! I had a tent growing up that I used for years. Hopefully Aria gets as much use out of hers!

      Delete
  6. Mac is obsessed with brooms (and rakes, shovels, vacuum cleaner) too! Love the little broom and dust pan kit. We bought him a toy broom, but he would much rather sweep with the "heavy" one (ours) and give me the "little" one. :) Kids are funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, Aria is obsessed with all those too. The ones with dirt make me cringe, I hate being dirty myself so I project that on Aria. I'm trying to calm myself and let her play though, it is going slowly. =)

      Too bad he likes the real thing better. Aria is perfectly happy with her mini one, but she likes the big ones too if she can get her hands on them.

      Delete
  7. So, on the turtle, do the stars stay on all night or just a timed period? I've been considering getting Lily something similar (her night light is on the fritz). I like the idea of the turtle but I'm nervous she will wake up in the middle of the night and get scared of the stars. She's a funny child like that. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't stay on all night, just a set period. I'm not sure what the duration is offhand. 20 minutes maybe? just enough to lull them to sleep hopefully. Can't speak for Aria, but I sure like it!

      Delete
  8. Aiden loves brooms and bubbles too! I love the idea of a (sanitary) toy broom. And I have to try the easter eggs- they sound right up his alley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how easy the eggs are for entertaining. Aria is pretty cute toddling toward you with her green basket of eggs on her shoulder. The broom is definitely one of my toy buying wins, there are so many that she is only lukewarm towards (I just couldn't help myself, it's a problem - I've been working on resisting though) but the broom was a hit the moment we got until present.

      Delete
  9. We loved that cup too ! Never had the straw issue. And Lia still uses the turtle at night - we have 2 and just added a rainbow for her room!
    It's like a light show in there every night :)
    Ally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.