Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Birthday A to Z

In honor of my birthday today I thought I'd do a little about me post! I saw this A to Z idea around blogland and book marked it for a rainy day. And, although it is technically suppose to be sunny all day...today is that rainy day. So, here is a little peak at my Courtney-ness - just for you!

A - Age: 28.
B - Birthday: March 31st.
C - Chore you hate: Emptying the dishwasher. I know, such a random and easy chore to hate.
D - Drink: Raspberry Iced Tea and Iced Coffee.
E - Eyes: Hazel.
F - Favourite colour: Blues and pinks.
G - Gent: My husband, Chris.
H - Hobby: Blogging tends to take up the majority chunk, but also reading, DIY-ing for holidays, and napping.
I - Indulgence: When Aria goes down for her nap I make myself an iced coffee so that I can sit down and savor it while relaxing for those few precious hours. I look forward to it every day.
J - Job: House wife and mama.
K - Kids: Aria and three fur babies.
L - Love: Disney, nail polish, flip flops, and October to name a few!
M - Music: Top 100 type music for me, but I also love The Beatles and Queen and 80s pop. I go for something you can sing along with and dance like a fool to, as long as it isn't twangy terrible country.
N - Nickname: Sweet bottom, just kidding...Court is the only thing I can think of.
O - One Wish: A shopping spree, and world peace.
P - Pet peeve: The use of prolly. And, when people go slow in the fast lane.
Q - Quote: "The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen.
R - Residence: Florida, lived here most of my life.
S - Siblings: I have a half brother.
T - Time you wake up: 7:30 most days.
U - University: University of Colorado. I studied anthropology, and before that environmental studies.
V - Vegetables you dislike: Um, most of them? Beets, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, green beans, lima beans...
W - Worst Habit: Sloth.
X - Xrays: I had my teeth x-rayed about a year ago, such a pain in the mouth.
Y - Yuck: Rare meat. Disgusting, give me that shit well done. My husband loves rare and it makes me want to hurl.
Z - Zoo (favourite animal): Giraffes, or elephants, or tigers.
post signature

30 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! Rare meat is the worst. Here's to hoping for fully cooked meat tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ugh, totally. I think it was a well cooked kind of weekend, except there was a rare steak one evening. But, so much going on I didn't even notice minus a quick glance!

      Delete
  2. Have a great Birthday Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was SO cute! Happy happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, HAPPY Birthday!
    What a fun post!
    I have to ask, what is "prolly"???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I love these type of posts. Great for behind the blog stalking.
      Prolly is a short version of probably. Yuck!

      Delete
  5. Such a fun post and hope you had a happy happy BIrthday!
    Love the family photo at the end, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much! I did =)
      I am obsessed with our Christmas photos. I have so many I pull them out any chance I get haha.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute + fun post, hun! Happy Birthday!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love behind the blog type posts! Always fun to read!

      Delete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! This is the cutest post and I loved getting to know you better!!
    I hope you have the BEST day ever :) You totally deserve it!
    p.s.I love blogging so much but whyyyyy is it so time consuming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Agree, I always love reading little tidbits like this about bloggers. A fun get to know you!
      I did have a great day, and weekend =)
      There is a lot of behind the scenes with blogging I think. You write your post, but you also take 300 pictures a second then go through them and edit them. You read other blogs and comment. You comment back to commenters. Answer emails. Blog maintenance. Etc. Total job! But, a lot of fun too!

      Delete
  8. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COURTNEY!!! (: I love this fun post & adore that sweet family photo it concluded with!! {Super cute outfit by the way!} Wishing you an absolutely fabulous day, sweet bloggy friend!! *Big Birthday Hugs attached here*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know I've already thanked you via another reply, but I'm behind in the comments. Too much fun not enough blog!
      We went to the Grand Floridian and The Boardwalk for christmas pictures this year. I have hundreds, so any chance to pull out one for post I jump at =) That dress? It is lovely isn't it? Dry clean only...I didn't even realize until I got home. Sigh.

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a wonderful day and weekend =)

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday, girl!!!! Love the "Q" quote too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!!

      Yes, I saw that on another blog a while ago and just fell in love. It is really perfect.

      Delete
  11. happy happy birthday! hope you had a fabulous day! I love this post and am "prolly" savings it ;);) oh and I totally indulge at nap time! that's when I have my diet pop and chocolate until I have it up! }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (again!!) =)

      You should do it. Type in abc of me into google and you get 30823 other variations too! Always love reading things like this from bloggers. Although, you aren't allowed to use prolly =) nope nope nope

      I had my iced coffee all ready to go today and three sips in I see a freaking gnat. Way to ruin nap time you stupid bug!!

      Delete
  12. Happy birthdaaaaay!!! I hope it has been wonderful and that you were SPOILED!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! For probably the third time now, I'm a little behind with the replies =)

      I had the best birthday though! Totally spoiled.

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday sweet bottom! ;)

    PS Yay for CU alumn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a fun idea. I'm glad there are so many cute little about me type posts floating around for me to steal. I love doing them, and reading them when others do them!

      Thank so much =) It was wonderful!

      Delete
  15. I couldn’t agree with you more about the dishwasher. I will handwash dishes to avoid that thing! Ha. How do you make your iced coffees? Do you use a keurig or something different? Love that sweet picture of the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I wouldn't go THAT far. I am the queen of letting dishes pile up in the sink so I dont have to take out the clean ones though. My husband just looooves that.

      I go the super easy route of premade cartons of iced coffee...international delight I think. Although I've been wanting to try the cold brew type I see on food blogs all the time. I'm sure it is 200 times better. Are you an iced coffee drinker? What do you do?

      I have so many pictures from our christmas photo session that I can't help but pull them out anytime I can for a post =)

      Delete
  16. So sorry I missed your birthday....Happy BIRTHDAY!!! What a fun post! I'm going to save it as an idea for a rainy day as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.