Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday, Sweet Turtle Soup!

I published my first post on the first of March last year, it is Aria's birth story.

I have 40 followers via GFC, and 43 via bloglovin. I have 15,455 total pageviews. And, my top search keyword apart from my blog name is 'waffles', which makes me laugh.

My top 5 posts based on page views from the past year are:
Turkey Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Boozy Chocolate Cake Batter Milkshake
What to Register For: Ultimate List of Baby Things
A Day in the Life - Winter Edition
Five on Friday: Random Acts of Kindness

My personal favourite posts are my weekly Sweet Sunday posts, and my Countdown to Halloween 2013 posts.

I started Sweet Turtle Soup because I loved the idea of having an electronic scrapbook of life with Aria. My follow through isn't the best, so I wasn't sure how long I would end up sticking with it. But, it is my favourite hobby now. I love recording all the things I want to remember down the road, and I love that Aria will have a really detailed 'baby book' to look back on. I love sharing what is going on in our little family with our bigger family that we don't get to see all that often, and I love making connections to so many amazing women on the blogging ride too.

I remember thinking I'd never get any comments, and there really weren't any for many months. But, now I tend to get a few comments daily, which really brightens up my day. It is always nice to hear from a reader, and it is even better when they become a friend. I've loved getting to know a lot of you this year, and I hope you'll join me for another round! And, if you haven't said 'hi' yet, you really should - shoot me an email, leave a comment, find me on facebook. I'd especially like to know if there is anything you want me to post about - more of this, less of that?

If anybody was really feeling like a cupcake today, but couldn't think of a good enough excuse...blogger birthday's make a great reason to indulge, you're welcome! Cupcakes for everybody!
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

19 comments:

  1. Aw! I love this post! I've only been blogging for two short months (started for the same reasons) but you were one of the first blogs that really inspired me to start my own! So happy to hear your success! Each time I have a waffle, I'll think of you know? Cheers friend & happy Bloggiversary! -xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is just about the sweetest thing anybody has ever said to me! It is pretty surreal to hear such a thing. I think the only baby/mama blog I read a year ago was Little Baby Garvin. I'm super glad to have found so many more awesome blogs to read now, thanks so much for leaving a comment so I could discover your blog.
      I thought waffle was just super random, I know I love me some waffles and even have a recipe on the blog, but I guess I must mention waffle more to get as a keyword!
      Thanks a ton!

      Delete
  2. happy blogger birthday! You've done so much in a year! Way to go! I loved your halloween countdown - I hope you do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really didn't think I'd have comments or followers by a year when I first started, so I'm impressed with where things are now. I do plan on another countdown to Halloween next year, including link up - feel free to start planning now so you can join again =) I probably should haha. It was quite a bit of work, but my favourite holiday of Aria's life so far.

      Delete
  3. yay! good work girl. i absolutely love having an electronic journal of our lives. what's funny is my top search term is "hot farm boobs" because of a post i wrote about nursing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been laughing since I read this comment yesterday!!! Definitely tops 'waffles' in my book, hahaha. I'm guessing you have a few disappointed visitors here and there. I love reading what crazy search terms blogs end up having!

      Delete
  4. waffles!! i LOVE it. i wish mine was waffles too. . . that's totes big time. happy one year blogiversary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do like our waffles here! I didn't think I mentioned it that often though...ha. And, Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Happy one year blogiversary! I found myself shaking my head a lot while reading your comments. I so felt the same. I'm a relatively new follower but have been loving reading your story. Here's to many more blogiversaries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So sweet of you to say! I'm glad you are enjoying the story, thanks for being a follower. And, I'll drink to that - here, here =)

      Delete
  6. Happy first anniversary - so exciting!! Isn't blogging great?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.