Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Valentine's Day Activity Ideas

I love having fun holiday themed activities handy to do with Aria. And, I might have done a Valentine advent if I had my act together. Maybe next year, especially since I already did the leg work right here with this list of all sorts of fun Valentine's day activities.  I'll definitely make time to do at least a couple this year, especially because many of them are super simple or only require a trip to the dollar store (or Target's dollar section).
So, if you haven't already planned out a whole slew of heart-day activities, check out all my favourites below.
http://www.pinterest.com/sweeturtlesoup/will-you-be-my-valentine/
http://www.pinterest.com/sweeturtlesoup/will-you-be-my-valentine/
#1, 2, 3. Make Valentine cards.
#4. Color free printables.
#5, 6. Bake cupcakes for friends.
http://www.pinterest.com/sweeturtlesoup/will-you-be-my-valentine/
#1. Have a heart hunt.
#4. Give somebody a 'heart attack'.
#5. Put DIY conversation hearts on your child's door.
#6. Have a Valentine mini photo session - at home or professionally done.

Misc.
Go on mommy & me, and daddy & me mini dates.
Have a dance party in Valentine's socks while listening to songs about love.
Dress in theme: red day, pink day, heart day, 'love' day, glitter day, etc.
Make a point to smile at strangers while running errands.
Learn how to blow kisses.
Have your little pick out flowers with dad to send to mom.
Make dad a DIY Valentine's gift.
Read books about love, or poetry.
facebook pinterest bloglovin Image Map

12 comments:

  1. Chocolate play dough?! That would totally get eaten in this house... but that chocolate cupcake looks way yummier! :) You always have such fun kid ideas! I will stick with my ready made foam kits haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah, yeah I was like can you eat it?!!? I think you can in the sense that you can eat any of those homemade salt dough type things. I was thinking that too. I can just imagine the confusing handing Aria something that smells awesome that she can't eat...pretty much everything I give her she can eat, so she'd be like what gives mom? Looks like fun for a few years from now though.

      You can totally pull off a dance party though =) I have those daily. Usually while Aria stares at me like I'm an alien.

      Delete
  2. So much fun. I want to try Chocolate play dough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something to keep on hand for those 'no technology' days? =)

      Delete
  3. I love all of these! Valentines day is so fun. I'm having a good time putting together goodies for Mason's PreK class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still debating on what I want to make for Aria's little cousins/friends/family. I should probably get on that though since they have to snail it across the country for some. One of those things I completely overlooked when I was contemplating all the fun mommy things I'd be doing for holidays! It is fun to make Valentines!

      Delete
  4. These are so fun!! Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wishing I would have gotten around to it earlier, so I could have pre-planned 14 (simple, easy) things for the lead up to V-day! At least I've got my go-to list now, I am all over that sensory bin - I've been meaning to do one for a little bit now (now that Aria doesn't immediately put all things in her mouth). I'm glad you liked the list =)

      Delete
  5. You are awesome! You just gave me so many ideas to use to help the kids I nanny with their valentine's day cards and some fun activities!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual, you found some awesome stuff...so creative! We tried the sensory gel bag thingy last year around this time and A loved it...but the stinker was teething and chewed a hole into it...so I'm pretty sure Aria will do great with it being about 6 months older ;) I feel so behind on v-day this year...the pressure's on! Thank you for the reminder and great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh. your so festive. its seriously inspiring. i need to get my act together in the festive department- thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love them oh so much. I respond via email so please be sure to have your email linked. If not check back for responses via the thread.